rapter34

Angry 9" install...WTF

So Im having the 9" installed at a dealership *gasp* becasue that was the first place I could get it to without the rear end being gone. they assured me "o yeah np we will ahve it done in 4 hours. Just order ther parts and well have it in." The parts got there at 8:00 Am on Friday. He said should be done by the end of the day. calls me up says nope need more time so he tells me lunch today. I call him and he tells me they need another day becasue they are having trouble taking it off and don't want to rush it. I get that and appriciate them not destroying my car but come on 2 days and not even the old rear out yet! So two days of BS I needed to vent. its not only anouying not having my car but the fact that I have to schedual a ride with one of my friends every day now they have jobs and lives. God! I hate stealerships!!!!!!!!!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Good luck.

Did my rear swap without a lift in 4-5 hours.

rapter34
    how can these guys be so slow!! I mean are they taking of a bolt and going "well that was a lot of work we need a break?"

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Kinda what it sounds like. Either that...they are just delaying your car to get others finished.

rapter34
    Don't they know how tramatic it is to be away from my TA.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Sounds like it's a union dealership hahaha! Take a bolt out, "god, I don't wanna get stressed, lets take a 1/2 hour."

Good luck with with that shit man.

They quoted you 4 hours, so therefore they can't charge you for more than that. That is the only good thing about the stealership...If it says 4 hours to swap out a rear, they can only charge 4 hours.

rapter34
    Well here is the funny thing they where unaware that the moser came in separate parts, not that it takes that long to assemble. So know they are saying it might be more I told them assembly of a rear end does not take that long. I think there just trying to get more out of me. I pretty much told them today that I know people without air tools or a lift get it done in 5 hours or less so they can keep with the bull and get the job done.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Dude- I suggest you go buy some anal lube because you are about to get fucked.
    Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 06-02-2008 at 11:03 PM.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Did you take it to Bal***g Chevy, T-stad, or where?
    Yeah they are most likely stalling to get other cars done. Oddball projects like that can get easily pushed off in order to get caught up on other cars. Or it could be that the guy who was gonna do it, is bogged down on a different car and is supposed to be done first. Either way, hang in there. Making a bunch of phone will probablly piss them off but will also keep you car in the back of there mind so it will be the next one in the door.

rapter34
    its at Stark in Sun Praire my dad had it at lumber liquidators to check some stuff out. I had the SUV down at college to get my stuff. Yeah I think the last time I called I made it clear that this was becoming unacceptable. Should be done today. Cross your fingers.

rapter34
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Did you take it to Bal***g Chevy, T-stad, or where?
    Yeah they are most likely stalling to get other cars done. Oddball projects like that can get easily pushed off in order to get caught up on other cars. Or it could be that the guy who was gonna do it, is bogged down on a different car and is supposed to be done first. Either way, hang in there. Making a bunch of phone will probablly piss them off but will also keep you car in the back of there mind so it will be the next one in the door.
    Also nice to see someone else with a F-body in Madison. Actully I live in Cross Plains but closs enough.

rapter34
    So do I need to change the fluid after the install? this is me being to lazy to look for the thread.

rapter34
    and the grand total is........ $879.67 ass raping included. its BS but im glad to have her back. Whoa do I love 4.11's can you say power band.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Ahh Stark Sun Praire is like 5 minutes from my house. Next time you need some work done, bring it to Bergstrom Cadillac Hummer, then I can work on it!!

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

$880 is not bad at all... unless it was done by a flunkie mechanic who's still learning.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by rapter34 View Post
    and the grand total is........ $879.67 ass raping included. its BS but im glad to have her back. Whoa do I love 4.11's can you say power band.
    I am showing this to a friend...seeing as how we just got done installing his.

rapter34
    well they originally wanted to charge me $1034.52 but I talked them down. when I stated talking technical shit about the axle I think they realized they couldn't take me to the cleaners.

pewter
    01 trans am ws6

my shop took them 4 days when they said the same things you will have it back the same day. bought a rebuild kit and gears.. Took them 4 days!!! just to swap gears and put all the new rebuild kit on. the place i got my stuff from online they forgot the carrier bearings so the shop charged me $60 for them plus i paid for them online too so i paid twice for them!. im getting it all fixed tho! i got the 3.90's i love them.. i bet those 4.10s are pretty sick.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Wow they really jacked ya. Took me and 2 friends about 2 1/2 hours to swap in with just hand tools, on the ground on plywood and jackstands.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Not as bad as I originally expected ! Your butthole will still be able to make semi audible fart noise instead of just swoosh when you fart and you are still considered "virgin" ass if you ever have to do time- SWEET!

Thread Information