Black
    LS6 Swapped WS6

2000 Z28 A4, Weird trans problem...please help me diagnose this!

Ok, so I finally got my car on the road and it's acting weird now. When I test drove it the day I bought it everything seemed kosher but now it shifts weird.

It seems to me like a slip, but I just figured I'd ask around and see if I'm missing something...please read this entire thing before posting, so you have the entire idea. As always any help would be greatly appreciated! I made an appointment at Cartek for next week but figured if anyone could help me out and save me the $85 it's going to cost to look at it that'd be great!

When I drive normal, it shifts fine...when I give it full throttle, it shifts fine. BUT, when I give it part throttle like I'm trying to pull out in traffic, it almost hangs up and seems like it takes a good 2 full seconds to up or downshift. I've never had this happen to me in any other car, I've seen slipping transmissions and usually they do it all the time, not just part throttle. And I checked the fluid and it's got enough and looks clean as hell.

And if this helps, I just had to pull a code last week for the 02 sensors because of my new maf ends...I wound up putting stockers back and clearing the code(I mention this because when i drove it with the new ends that was the first time it shifted weird and then the SEL came on). And the other night while driving I raced someone and the service engine light came on again and stayed on for a day...then when I finally took it to work to scan it the light went out so I didn't bother.

So am I f*cked or will I get lucky and have an easy fix?

It's still doing the same thing with the stock MAF back on? The SES while racing could've just been a misfire or something. If the trans was slipping, one of the solenoids bad, TC problem etc. it would throw a code. I'd scan it again for any codes, most stay in "history" for about 40 cycles after the MIL shuts off.

Thread Information