White
    99 Camaro Z28

01 Z28 T56 possible bad master cylinder ?

Hello fellow ls owners.thanks for taking your time to read this.

About 2 months ago i got a 01 z28 lq4 6speed.besides a few flaws car runs great till a few days ago.
    I havent ran it hard nor nothing car always ran good and shifted with no issues till a few days ago. I was driving normal getting off from a light threw in 1st with no problems ,but as soon as i went to 2nd the clutch pedal came up higher than normal.usually comes back same hight as the brake pedal.now it came up higher and now when i put clutch in ,it makes a air realse noise.as you will see in the video.is it possible the master cylinder suddently went out? Or its going out ? Another thing since it happend ,1-3 go in great.but when going to 4th then from 4th to 5th rpms drop 500-700rpms instantly .with these flaws car still shifts good.any one have any idea what it can be ? Thanks in advance.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Is the clutch pedal soft? Have you noticed any fluid under your car around the transmission area? How does the fluid look in the reservoir? I ask as I didn't watch the vid, but I would suggest having the transmission hydraulic system bled if you still have fluid in the reservoir. Keep us posted.

White
    99 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Is the clutch pedal soft? Have you noticed any fluid under your car around the transmission area? How does the fluid look in the reservoir? I ask as I didn't watch the vid, but I would suggest having the transmission hydraulic system bled if you still have fluid in the reservoir. Keep us posted.
    yes it does feel kinda soft.. as far as fluid there is none under trans .. ill double check tho.. the reservoir looks kinda dirty don't know if that might cause it.. if you can please view video.. thanks for your response
    00 Z/28 M6

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I watched the video and can't say I've ever seen that before so I do not know if it's common or not. As Rich mentioned, if the hydraulic fluid has never been changed it certainly wouldn't hurt to at least check the color of it and the fluid level.

Do you have any disengagement issues?

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Just watched the video and I would suggest having the system bled. I cannot condemn the slave cylinder as when mine went, it didn't hiss. It just dumped fluid into the bellhousing and a day later, it leaked onto the ground. You might just have air and dirty fluid in the system.

White
    99 Camaro Z28

thanks for the responses..i will try bleeding system I just need time lol..I will try bleeding system if no change ill probly be adding a tick master cylinder ,and hope that's the end of it..i have been noticing sometimes it does not want to go into 1st or reverse..and a few times now when I started the car up in gear (1st) it did not want to get out of 1st

Thread Information