Thread: The Tow Rig/DD

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

The Tow Rig/DD

Well, figured I'd post some pics of my daily driver/tow rig since I just spent a few hours washing and waxing her. I'm beginning to hate black, but it just looks so good when it's clean!

nice shot of the prerequisite redneck stickers

bought some larger tires off a friend. Makes the truck look proportional, the stockers were so small.

...and just as I finished I hear thunder.. go figure!

anyway, its a 2005 Silverado 6.0L 4wd 4.10s with a locker. Gas mileage makes me cry every time I think about it, but it sure does drag my crap around pretty good!

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Quote Originally Posted by TwiSSter418 View Post
    Well, figured I'd post some pics of my daily driver/tow rig since I just spent a few hours washing and waxing her. I'm beginning to hate black, but it just looks so good when it's clean!
    anyway, its a 2005 Silverado 6.0L 4wd 4.10s with a locker. Gas mileage makes me cry every time I think about it, but it sure does drag my crap around pretty good!
    Nice truck! I'm loving those duelers the more I see them. Your truck would really benefit from a tint job, really make that black even blacker. (if at all possible)

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

yah I tried the precut ebay tint myself thing... didn't work at all... so i'll probably have it tinted darker sometime soon.... i did the 35% and its really barely noticeable... i loved the tint and wheels on your truck btw... looked nice! how dark is your tint? ever have any problems seeing a trailer if you tow stuff?

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Quote Originally Posted by TwiSSter418 View Post
    yah I tried the precut ebay tint myself thing... didn't work at all... so i'll probably have it tinted darker sometime soon.... i did the 35% and its really barely noticeable... i loved the tint and wheels on your truck btw... looked nice! how dark is your tint? ever have any problems seeing a trailer if you tow stuff?
    I believe it's 25% on the sides, 15% on the back. I honestly don't remember, but the back is pretty damn dark at night. You should look into something for yours. Oh and some black wheels on a black truck? Sex on wheels!

Black
    2007 Silverado

i know what you mean about keeping black clean...try living on a dirt road like myself

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

haha yah, I saw your thread. nice looking truck. my truck is your truck's big brother! I'm actually originally from Oklahoma as well (edmond/guthrie), so I understand the roads... even the ones that are paved, usually have an obnoxious layer of red dirt all over them.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

nice truck but it'd be better (power and MPG) if it was a diesel IMO

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

yah, I wanted a diesel! but at a $7000 option, the little 6.0L gets the job done. Not to mention the added benefit of being able to rip parts off the racecar if she breaks...

Black
    2007 Silverado

hell you bought that truck just down the road from where i live. the guy that owns that dealership has a ton of badass cars
    2007 RCSB 5.3L

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

Yah, my uncle actually used to own it back when it was Frost chevrolet. Last time I went up to visit, me and the new owner went racing in his new z06. That was sick... That guy's nuts... he's awesome! I actually bought my SS from a local guy in hennessey who has a lumberyard. I think his name was Jack... would be funny if you knew him. I always kinda wanted to show him what I did to his pretty pewter SS... Next time i'm down that way with the car I wanna meet up with all you local OK people and chill...

Black
    2007 Silverado

sounds good man...my buddy tyler is from hennessey and has a ecsb with 6.0 swap and a big cam and some nitrous. pretty sick truck...he's done quite a bit of work on steve's cars...

Thread Information