Thread: need help

need help

hey guys, i'm looking for some info on the chevy/ gmc 1500 pickup. 5.3 or 6.0 liter and the crew cab. i'm looking into buying one here soon. i'm just seeing high mileage truck 110,000 for like 10k! dose any one have problems with these trucks? that some high miles for a pretty penny! just need some info any would help thanks guys

White
    97 GMC with 02 LS6 engine

Not really that I've seen. Just remember anything with high miles has the potential to go South on you.

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Quote Originally Posted by burnt_rubber View Post
    hey guys, i'm looking for some info on the chevy/ gmc 1500 pickup. 5.3 or 6.0 liter and the crew cab. i'm looking into buying one here soon. i'm just seeing high mileage truck 110,000 for like 10k! dose any one have problems with these trucks? that some high miles for a pretty penny! just need some info any would help thanks guys
    I have an 05 2500.Only thing I don't like is the fact that from 05 on you can't change out the fuel filter as GM no longer uses an external filter. That and the famous steering column "clunking". Gotta get the column repacked with grease every 30-50,000 miles

Welcome to the dark side vader97's Avatar

Red Jewel Tintcoat
    2010 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Nastyfoot View Post
    I have an 05 2500.Only thing I don't like is the fact that from 05 on you can't change out the fuel filter as GM no longer uses an external filter. That and the famous steering column "clunking". Gotta get the column repacked with grease every 30-50,000 miles
    I'm a parts manager at a Chevy dealer. They have an updated intermediate steering shaft that will fix that clunking noise for good. Hit up your local chevy dealer, they should stock it

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by burnt_rubber View Post
    i have a '99 z71 extended cab lt. my wife drives a 03 trailblazer ext, and out of the 2 me & my wife like the z71 when we travel. very comfortable with heated leather. it has the luxury of a tahoe but it's still a truck. best of both worlds. i paid $9800.00 for mine it had 125,000 on it when i bought it. i probably won't worry about the mileage untill i get closer to 300,000.

white
    2000 silverado

i have a 2000 5.3 and don't really have any problems with it except that the sending unit in the fuel tank only works once in a blue moon and the windows are slow to roll up but that is common to this year from what i'm told. and also my steering has that thumping noise i never knew what it was till now so i guess ill hav to pack some grease in there soon then

Black
    01 Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by nitroman0640 View Post
    i have a 2000 5.3 and don't really have any problems with it except that the sending unit in the fuel tank only works once in a blue moon and the windows are slow to roll up but that is common to this year from what i'm told. and also my steering has that thumping noise i never knew what it was till now so i guess ill hav to pack some grease in there soon then
    same thing for my 01 has 140k i havent had no problems out of it, it was totaled and rebuilt at 50k

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

did you guys hear about that '91 silverado just hit a million miles. i hope mine goes half that.

white
    2000 silverado

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    did you guys hear about that '91 silverado just hit a million miles. i hope mine goes half that.
    yeah i read about that on here yesterday. thats an insane amount of miles on one motor, but i sure hope mine goes that far or just somewhere close would be fine with me. i got 111k on my and stills pulls like a champ

Thread Information