Thread: My new truck

1981 g-Body

My new truck

Well people, over the last month i've looked at so many cars and trucks for sale it makes me sick. I was looking for a new daily driver and for some reason i bought a $800 '77 K-5 Blazer today.
    And i'm totally against GM trucks for the simple fact that they tend to be shit.
    This 77 has a newer 350hp/350 crate and a 4.11 diff ,and it flies.

Anyways, is there anything i should know about these trucks? This is the first 4x4 i've owned.

P.S. the trasfer case is fucked.

I hope you have a lot of $$ for maintenance. My friend has had 2 K-5's and my best friend in high school had 2 of them. They bought them cheap and spent 3-400% more on fixing them before they finally ended up selling them.

Maybe other people have had other experiences....if you're using it for your daily driver...hehe....good luck.

should've bought an old honda accord or civic....or an older toyota if you wanted an older daily driver.

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by mdh100
    I hope you have a lot of $$ for maintenance. My friend has had 2 K-5's and my best friend in high school had 2 of them. They bought them cheap and spent 3-400% more on fixing them before they finally ended up selling them.

Maybe other people have had other experiences....if you're using it for your daily driver...hehe....good luck.

should've bought an old honda accord or civic....or an older toyota if you wanted an older daily driver.
    Yea i know i'll have to put a never ending amount of money into this truck just to keep it running. Right now it could use a new front seal-which is why there is oil EVERYWHERE<--literally.
    My plan with it is to drive it until it falls apart. I won't be putting too much money into it. Pretty much just new spark plugs and thermostat.

Right now in the paper i see someone's parting out a '85 K-5 Blazer for $200 but the transfer case, radiatior, etc. won't fit a '77 right?

White98WS6
    Quote Originally Posted by x-40oz-x
    And i'm totally against GM trucks for the simple fact that they tend to be shit.
    Who told you that? They are the longest lasting, most dependable truck on the road

Well, at least the ones that didnt get treated like shit. Hey...at least it isnt a Furd.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea ford sucks lol

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by White98WS6
    Who told you that? They are the longest lasting, most dependable truck on the road

Well, at least the ones that didnt get treated like shit. Hey...at least it isnt a Furd.
    I'd take a Ford truck over a Shevy truck anyday. With cars it's a different story though...

white
    2001 camaross

How is the body on it (rusted out yet) and i noticed you have 4.11s is it lifted any?
    need pics

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by 01camaross
    How is the body on it (rusted out yet) and i noticed you have 4.11s is it lifted any?
    need pics
    My camera isn't digital and i don't have a scanner so it will be a while till i get any pics.

The truck it's self isn't worth the 50 bucks to have it crushed. It could use new doors and the rocker panels got rust holes 5 inches wide. It does have a new hood though.
    The body sucks but the power train is awesome.
    I think it's got a 4 inch lift? with 35 inch tall tires.

white
    1999 Trans AM 30th anniv.

you might take ford over chevy but dont take them to the mountains or you will get your a@@ handed to you,,

Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

Quote Originally Posted by x-40oz-x
    I'd take a Ford truck over a Shevy truck anyday. With cars it's a different story though...
    not mine. maybe you should stick to ford that way it will be easier to pass you, cuz you'll be on the shoulder with your hood up.

Thread Information