Black
    06 Chevy Caprice HT (RIP)

Talking Max Power out of a 06 Tahoe w/ 5.3

Hello all...

Yes i am back, and yes i did tune my Tahoe, i had 250hp and 300lbft at 12.0 AFR now i am 250hp and 300lbft with 12.9 AFR...

i am disappointed, but i understand. I am runnin stock Exhaust with Stock airbox and Airaid tube. The other Mods include;

-BBK 80mm throttle body Ported on back side to 82.5mm
    -Jet Spacer
    -Bassani Eqaul length headers
    -AirHog air filter
    -Good Tune
    -MSD coils
    -Deletion of Valvecover breather to intake (the part where the oil fumes go into the intake manifold)

I am waitin on a few parts, but i will be installin the following HOPEFULLY by Monday;

-1.8 Summit Rockerarms
    -LS6 Springs
    -Hardened pushrods
    -LS6 retainers
    -AEM Brute force CAI (Modified further for true COLD air)
    -3" exhaust, i am prayin i got a quiet muffler, i HATE inside resonace especially when driving casually, with o2 for tunin
    -Retune (with new EFILIVE V2)

Now i would love 300hp with 325lbft, but realisticly speakin could i get that?

Lookin forward to your replies

Naf

PS it gets FKN HOT where i am, today it hit 117F ambeint temp...The asphalt is 140F...Measured it today....

Black

Additional note

I forgot to mention, i do not want to do a cam and head change...I dont trust the people here enough to risk my primary vehicle...

Later i might put in a LS6 Cam with the same 1.8 rockers and change the retainers to titanium...

Black
    2007 Silverado

prolly the only thing that is going to help your hp out noticibly will be the rockers...i could be wrong but i don't see 300hp without atleast a cam. i see prolly 275 which isn't too bad really. i only made 237/267 with my initial tune on a mustang dyno. i've since added longtubes and custom exhaust and retuned. save some money and make your own cai and with the money saved put that toward an underdrive pulley. just thinkin out loud here
    2007 RCSB 5.3L

Black
    2007 Silverado

also look at your timing table in your tune...you shoulda gained some power leaning out your a/f. unless it was cooler when you tuned it the first time..up that timing a little.

Black

Cool

I havent been wrong yet with my estimates, but you have raised a valid point...

Its gonna be in the tune...But you have to admit, 250hp on a stock airbox with 300lbft out of a stock exhaust isnt half bad...Everyone around me thought i had a 6.0L WHICH I WISHED FOR REALLY REALLY HARD, but Gm wouldnt give it to me...

I will post my numbers once i finish up everything...

black
    06 gto

ive got a sotck 6.0 with a 4l80 trans in a 2000 gmc reg cab shortwide with jba shorts k-n cai tune and i put down 294hp and 307tq on a mustang dyno

black
    06 gto

u need a cam and so do i to get some better #s

Black

Shorty headers?

For almost the same price i would have gone long...You gain a lot more power plus they flow so much better...just under 300hp with a 6.0? Hmm, somethings up..You probably have a LQ4, but that still puts down 340hp with TONNES of torque.. If you have a friend that owns a Machine shop, i would invest in a BBK throttlebody, port out the back end from 75mm to 80mm so you have a true 80mm passage. Also if you dont wanna flash the cash, just clean up your stock one from 72mm to 75mm and clean up all the bumps. That should score you some nice economy and high end torque.

Today i am installin my new custom 3" catback. I will be loggin my VE on the way home so i can get the tune perfect...Runnin a bit lean at the moment...Then Hit the dyno for WOT tuning...

I have the best of the best workin on my Tahoe...

Thread Information