ORANGE
    74 CAMARO

good rebuild kit

looking to rebuild my 02 lq4 6.0 engine came out of a 2500 chevy truck . i dont know who to order parts from , if anyone knows , i would appreaciate it . and i want to build it with some power , looking for a whole kit thanks

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

The good thing about the LQ engines, all the LS1 parts are bolt ons. You can stroke the thing to a 408 or 409... I've heard both. First thing I would do is take it down to the block and rebuild it and make sure everything is in great working order. Check out our sponsors, they offer quite a bit in go-fast parts and most have H/C kits you can buy.

LS1.com | Camaro | Transam | Corvette | GTO | Performance Information - Sponsors

The easiest thing to do is to just buy a complete rotating assembly. Comes with everything, crank, rods, pistons, rings, bearings etc...
    Most say they are balanced but from my experience they aren't, so figure that into the cost. You can move the price around by choosing different options like forged or cast crank, total seal rings or file fit, forged or cast pistons etc. etc...
    The added benefit of a rotating assembly is it really doesn't cost much more and you get a stroker out of it (402-408) depending on how much you bore.

This way the only machine work you have to pay for and wait on is the block work. If you can assemble yourself you're money ahead.

I prefer Callies or Lunati assemblies (there are other good ones). Cheaper assemblies like Scat or Eagle work, but I find they take a little more machine work. I've never gotten a set of rods from them that didn't need the big ends resized, and they are supposed to be new. But that's what happens when you buy from china. So you more than likely will have to figure in some extra machine work with those assemblies. Just a heads up.

Thread Information