Thread: A/C blower fan

Black
    2002 Tahoe

A/C blower fan

Mechanic y disconnect the battery terminals to replace the transmission and after I got the truck A/C blower fan dosent blow from front only from top windshield I heard A/C system need to be programmed?
    because was working ok after replacing transmission my A/C blower works and cold but docent blow from front vents and I am hearing the vents keep moving only blow from top windshield any idea?please
    I checked maybe vacuum hose but mine docent have vacuum hose works with electronic .
    please any help?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Actuator Recalibration

The HVAC control module will relearn the actuator limits whenever power is disconnected and re-connected to the module.

Use the following steps to perform the calibration update:

 1. Turn OFF the ignition.
     2. Remove the battery positive voltage circuit fuse of the HVAC Control Module or disconnect the battery negative cable.

Important: The scan tool must be disconnected from the vehicle to properly perform the calibration procedure. If a scan tool is connected before this procedure is completed, then new calibration values will not be stored.

Important: Failure to wait 60 seconds will not allow the HVAC control module sufficient time to clear the old calibration values.

 3. Wait 60 seconds.
     4. Install the fuse or reconnect the battery
     5. Turn ON the ignition.
     6. Wait 60 seconds before touching any buttons on the HVAC control. You may hear the actuators cycling as they recalibrate.

Black
    2002 Tahoe

which scan tool?

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Actuator Recalibration

The HVAC control module will relearn the actuator limits whenever power is disconnected and re-connected to the module.

Use the following steps to perform the calibration update:

 1. Turn OFF the ignition.
     2. Remove the battery positive voltage circuit fuse of the HVAC Control Module or disconnect the battery negative cable.

Important: The scan tool must be disconnected from the vehicle to properly perform the calibration procedure. If a scan tool is connected before this procedure is completed, then new calibration values will not be stored.

Important: Failure to wait 60 seconds will not allow the HVAC control module sufficient time to clear the old calibration values.

 3. Wait 60 seconds.
     4. Install the fuse or reconnect the battery
     5. Turn ON the ignition.
     6. Wait 60 seconds before touching any buttons on the HVAC control. You may hear the actuators cycling as they recalibrate.
    hi which scan tool? you mean Tech 2 ? or any scanner? I have NO scanner can I do just by disconnecting and above with out any tool?
    please can you explain to me more please?
    thankyou

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Oops. Yeah tech2. I just copied that from the service manual. You should be able to just do it w/out a scan tool
    -------------------------------------
    Kooks 1 7/8" race headers, Kooks ORY, Borla catback, Nitto 555R, LS6 intake manifold, Shaner S3 ported stock throttle body, SLP lid, smooth bellows, JAAM Ram Air kit, Elite Engineering catch can, LS6 valley cover, EGR and AIR deleted, Frost tune, and Simpson Racing child car seat in the back. 13.2 @ 108MPH

Thread Information