White
    1999 Gmc Sierra 2500 6.0

Question 6.0L vortec Turbo

ive been wanting to turbo my 99 gmc sierra 4x4 but not sure what i should go with is all stock with a tune my brother did, i am curious to prices on turbos and turbo kits and to what size i should go with and where i could find them. i am kind of new to the 6.0L's so any help would be nice. also any other suggestions on preformace

red
    95 Z28

I'm not aware of any kits other than the STS rear mount kit (turbo mounts at the rear of the vehicle). This design works if you want some extra power, but it is a compromised design with its own issues. Beyond that you're probably looking at a custom made kit. Then you have to decide single or twins. How far you want to go with it will determine what you need regarding building the motor and trans. I assume you have a 4l80 trans? It's a tough tranny, and guys have put turbos on a 6.0 with a stock tranny and had them hold up ok. If you want to go much past maybe 6psi of boost you may need to look into forged internals for the motor, and anything else you'd want to do while in there (ported heads, cam, upgraded valvetrain, etc). What turbo you choose would again depend on the power goal. You could spend anywhere from a couple grand throwing something together to over 10 grand depending on how far you go.

White
    1999 Gmc Sierra 2500 6.0

i will customize a front mount turbo, i am going to go with a single not a double, i can do all the custom work just need a turbo just not sure what size i should look for or where to find them. i have tried looking but for some reason i am having some bad luck with it. what do you sugguest for size and brands? it does have the 4l80 transmission and the heavy duty rear end so im sure it will hold up they are strong so i have heard. can someone put me in the right direction on turbos and where to find them

red
    95 Z28

Again, what your goals are will determine what turbo you need. Built motor or stock motor? What kind of power are you hoping to make?

White
    1999 Gmc Sierra 2500 6.0

I am running just stock motor with a tune and will just retune after I get a turbo, as much power with stock motor and tune as possible

Blue
    2000 Silverado

You could run 8 psi on stock internals depending on mileage you have on the truck and how the other person took care of the motor if your not the origina owner. KB racing is a company that comes to mind to turbos that my friend is working with.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

ok here is a old thread on a guy that did a turbo in his 02 tahoe this may help some of your questoins.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f11/2002-turbo-tahoe-100205/
    the turbo he put in is a bit big for what you want to do. what i would do is call a few turbo places and talk
    it out with there tech guys and see what they think will work best for you and then look for a place to get it

yellow
    2004 pontiac gto

whipple makes a very good supercharger for the 5.3, 5.7, 6.0. direct fit. easy install. the one i have seen you can run a innercooler on.

Thread Information