2014 Silverado / Sierra thread

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

i like it...but every new car is too expensive for me to care...

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by jiveass View Post
    i like it...but every new car is too expensive for me to care...

Understandable. But I doubt they won't put a bunch of rebates on these things to get them out the door. No more 4.8, a 4.6 V6, 5.3 or 6.2 are the only engine options. Z71 will be a trim level as opposed to an option as well.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Why is this thread a sticky?

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Why is this thread a sticky?
    Why not?

It's all about the brand new GM truck. Sort of relevant in this section I'd say.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

when I was buying my truck I was also looking for a 6L 1500....never saw one truck so I'm not sure if you could even get the 6L in a 1500. I decided to go 5th wheel camper so I'm glad I got the dmax but the 6L was appealing to me because of how familiar it would be to mod. Is that 6.2L going to be available in the 1500's? If I didn't have a family I'd have a short bed regular cab 4x4 with that 6.2L in it. Few mods and that thing would haul some ass.

We think alike Orion. I also would prefer the smaller 1/2 tons with the 6.0 or 6.2 just to tool around in, but as far as I know they are only offered with the 5.3, you have to step up to at least a 3/4 ton to get the bigger engine. That's why I made my own and shoved a 6.0 in my old blazer.

New trucks are nice but a bit too spendy for the truck I'd need. If I buy another it will be a 1 ton Dmax, that is,,,after I get past sticker shock , otherwise I'll stick to my trusty 79 1 ton.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Hey old guys...

I currently have a 1500 with a 6.2

It's been offered for awhile now after they got rid of the 6.0 in the Vortex Max package. Same engine available in the Escalade and Yukons.

Just shows how much I keep up on new cars nowadays

If I could get a standard cab, short bed, 4x4 with the 6.2, I'd probably sell the blazer today. That would make a good daily driver, short wheel base, 4x4, and plenty of power, basically my blazer now in a more modern package.

Ever since the 2 door blazer went bye bye in the mid 90's I lost interest in most of the new trucks. The 4 door tahoe is just a baby suburban now, may as well buy a suburban (which I'm actually doing ironically) Not a new one however.
    I wanted a big block 3/4 ton 4x4 and they quit making those in 96 too,,pffff.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Just shows how much I keep up on new cars nowadays

If I could get a standard cab, short bed, 4x4 with the 6.2, I'd probably sell the blazer today. That would make a good daily driver, short wheel base, 4x4, and plenty of power, basically my blazer now in a more modern package.

Ever since the 2 door blazer went bye bye in the mid 90's I lost interest in most of the new trucks. The 4 door tahoe is just a baby suburban now, may as well buy a suburban (which I'm actually doing ironically) Not a new one however.
    I wanted a big block 3/4 ton 4x4 and they quit making those in 96 too,,pffff.
    Not sure about the 14's yet, but if you want the 6.2, you're stuck with at least an extended cab.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

to me the segment of the market that has been completely forgotten about is us "old guys" that use a truck as a truck. I'd like to have a truck with no power windows or locks and rubber floor instead of carpet. You can find those as the stripper work model but then you usually get some junk ass radio and no a/c. I want a/c and although I usually replace the stereo anyhow I'd like to start out with at least a cd player. Oh.....and mudflaps. Why do trucks no longer have mud flaps on them?

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    to me the segment of the market that has been completely forgotten about is us "old guys" that use a truck as a truck. I'd like to have a truck with no power windows or locks and rubber floor instead of carpet. You can find those as the stripper work model but then you usually get some junk ass radio and no a/c. I want a/c and although I usually replace the stereo anyhow I'd like to start out with at least a cd player. Oh.....and mudflaps. Why do trucks no longer have mud flaps on them?
    Ha, fits my 79 1 ton to a "T" except it has carpet. It's a loaded Camper Special Bonanza package with 454 (now a 502) 400 turbo (with a gear vendor added) A/C, Cruise, Tilt, hydroboost, PS, Auxillary lighting, Rear bed light, Dual tanks, 3.73's, and several other things, but still has roll up windows and manual locks. I added an AM/FM years back. It's a good ole' truck for an old guy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Not sure about the 14's yet, but if you want the 6.2, you're stuck with at least an extended cab.
    Hmm, tempting. Getting close.

red
    95 Z28

It's retarded that GM does that. I've hated that for a long time now. You can get a Hemi in any configuration on the Ram, so what the fuck gives GM?

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

Idk about the whole regular cab thing i think that gm went with a whole wt thing with that and after owning 2 extended cabs i dont think i would go back the only thing i want out of my z71 is a little more pulling power it struggles with a 25 ft camper a 6.0 or 6.2 would be great but then gas mileage would suck i guess with the new motors that issue might be resolved.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2002 WS6 TA VERT M6 HOOKER SUPER COMPS ORY AND CAT BACK TUNE DONE BY CHARLES AT GREAD TUNNING!!

2007 Z71 EXTENDED CAB PROGRAMMER COLD AIR
    TRUE DUALS

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by REVNORR82 View Post
    Idk about the whole regular cab thing i think that gm went with a whole wt thing with that and after owning 2 extended cabs i dont think i would go back the only thing i want out of my z71 is a little more pulling power it struggles with a 25 ft camper a 6.0 or 6.2 would be great but then gas mileage would suck i guess with the new motors that issue might be resolved.

My 6.2 is horrid if you are concerned about fuel economy. But it pulls like a champ (25 foot tandem axle with 4 or 5 4wheelers loaded up.)

The new designed 6.2 is now utilizing direct injection. Which actually should squeeze out a few more ponies and give it better economy. We'll have to see though.

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

I still question the 6.2 i do believe that i would rather have a 350 ls1 or ls6 something around 400 hp and way better mpg seems like they went the wrong direction with the motors.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

I still question the 6.2 i do believe that i would rather have a 350 ls1 or ls6 something around 400 hp and way better mpg seems like they went the wrong direction with the motors.

Well comparing a 6000 pound truck and a 4000 pound car with the same engine, MPG results will be completely different. They are getting the same power out of a smaller displacement, so it only makes sense to continue the trend. And they're all LS based engines anyway.

And the LS1 is a 346 lol

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

Well comparing a 6000 pound truck and a 4000 pound car with the same engine, MPG results will be completely different. They are getting the same power out of a smaller displacement, so it only makes sense to continue the trend. And they're all LS based engines anyway.

And the LS1 is a 346 lol
    Yea i know 346 but i still dont see a 13 to 15 mpg difference from a truck to a car i believe that gm could get in the 25 mpg range with a half ton 4wd and still have plenty of power.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Yea i know 346 but i still dont see a 13 to 15 mpg difference from a truck to a car i believe that gm could get in the 25 mpg range with a half ton 4wd and still have plenty of power.

If they build a small diesel then maybe. But if 25mpg was possible with decent power, don't you think that all the manufactured pickups would be there? Ford has their ecoboost which advertises 23 hwy and that is from a TT 6cyl. GM's hybrid is right there too.

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

I think there is always room for improvement i have heard of people tuning the 5.3 and getting 20 to 21 mpg i think alot has to do with the torque management stuff.

Thread Information