Black
    2005 Sierra Denali

Talking 05 sierra denali

Hey every one, I'm very new to these forums. There very interesting and filled with great info. I live in Vancouver Wa and just bought my first GMC. Been a GM fan for a while now and just got in to working on cars and engines in the passed few years, but I have learned a lot. The gmc I just got is a 05 sierra denali crew cab 1500. I have read alittle about the engine, I know its a 6L LQ9 all stock. The truck had some after market pipes on it, so it sounds awsome... first few mods I was thinking about was a cold air intake, and maybe even some headers. Definitely get a programmer chip, that thing is a gas hogg. I am putting 92octane in, and useing synthetic oil. Changed most of the fluids right when I got it. Any recommendations for upgrads our things I should look out for with this truck, our engine. Haven't looked in the what tranny it has yet.
    Last edited by i.landstylez; 11-03-2010 at 09:53 AM.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by i.landstylez View Post
    Hey every one, I'm very new to these forums. There very interesting and filled with great info. I live in Vancouver Wa and just bought my first GMC. Been a GM fan for a while now and just got in to working on cars and engines in the passed few years, but I have learned a lot. The gmc I just got is a 05 sierra denali crew cab 1500. I have read alittle about the engine, I know its a 6L LQ9 all stock. The truck had some after market pipes on it, so it sounds awsome... first few mods I was thinking about was a cold air intake, and maybe even some headers. Definitely get a programmer chip, that thing is a gas hogg. I am putting 92octane in, and useing synthetic oil. Changed most of the fluids right when I got it. Any recommendations for upgrads our things I should look out for with this truck, our engine. Haven't looked in the what tranny it has yet.
    First mod you should do when you buy any vehicle is maintanance!!! I see you've already changed most of the fluids which is good. But make sure you look it over very good, and replace anything that needs to be replaced. Then start modding.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Black
    2005 Sierra Denali

ok, well besides changed all the fluids and check them. What els would u recommend? Everything els looks good and clean the truck sounds and runs great..

White
    2008 Chevy Silverado 4x4

if your going to do an intake i would suggest the banks one . i like it because the filter still sits in a box but it has better openings and a bigger filter .

2007 Cadillac Escalade
    98 Camaro SS, 09 G8 GT

Check the mods in my sig. Only mod I would have done differently is the K&N. I would rather get the Vararaam and still might down the road. Get a CAI and a catback. Then go for the Westers tune. It's by far the best mod I have and the gains are amazing. It's like a totally different truck. Check out Denali Trucks.com also.
    1998 Sebring Silver Camaro SS Convertible
    Cammed, Geared, Stalled and soon to be blown via F1-C
    2009 Stryker Blue Pontiac G8 GT
    Kook's 1 7/8's LTH's and catted X, Pypes A/B, Vararam, Tune
    2007 Black Raven Cadillac Escalade
    Vararam, Leveling Kit, 33's

Black
    2005 Sierra Denali

Quote Originally Posted by Deezl SS View Post
    Check the mods in my sig. Only mod I would have done differently is the K&N. I would rather get the Vararaam and still might down the road. Get a CAI and a catback. Then go for the Westers tune. It's by far the best mod I have and the gains are amazing. It's like a totally different truck. Check out Denali Trucks.com also.
    That site is pretty sweet!! Lots of great info... the westers tune sounds really good, was there a big diff in your mpg's?

2007 Cadillac Escalade
    98 Camaro SS, 09 G8 GT

I get between 19 and 20 on the highway with all the mods. I went from 16~ to 18~ mpg with the tune (already had catback and cai intake). It's all about efficiency my friend.

Thread Information