Page 421 of 431 FirstFirst ... 2171121171221271321371381391401417418419420421422423424425 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,420 of 8605

Texas Mini Train March

This is a discussion on Texas Mini Train March within the AAG Archives forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Originally Posted by Mr. Luos I am going to head south now. Just 2 miles though. My parents computer sucks. ...

  1. #8401
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I am going to head south now.

    Just 2 miles though. My parents computer sucks.
    lol you have fun with that curtis

  2. #8402
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    That is better.

  3. #8403
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    that was fast... you must have been driving the grand am

  4. #8404
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    hey lupe or edwin... do yall know exactly when yall want to do edwins rear end? i may want to join and help out if im not at work

  5. #8405
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    9,288

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    whats the direction im going in?
    one that i view as: not smart/not having one. you jump around everyday like a puppy with ADD...

    1) not having a basic understanding of what has been done to the vehicle. im sorry but going from a 346 alum engine to a 364 iron block with said mods done to the car, while yours is untouched is throwing caution in the wind. knowing the history (and i dont mean just CARFAX) is a big thing. all that's been done is for power, which means money you dont have will go into a transmission and rear-end just to give you peace of mind. sure all the mods look good on paper, but in the end what is it really going to cost you?

    you said it yourself, "i just want to get out of the car payment." but your only justification for doing so is to buy a modded vehicle only to dump money into it to make sure nothing craps out on you. a vehicle that's worth less and putting money into it that you will never get back.

    im sorry, but id rather have a car payment AND a vehicle with almost 1/2 the milage than a built car that you know nothing about...

    2) you dont understand that having a car note is GOOD DEBT, and at your age to show that you can handle your finances will show good things in regards to your credit for you down the road. you think you hate haivng a car payment, try having 2. you apparently can make it work, but you have the MOD bug which IMO, is just 'mind fucking' you. you are in an absolute hurry, and looking from the outside all this is completely impulsive.

    3) the whole deal about being worried to drive your car cause of milage, well im sorrry to say that if everyone could, they would drive the shit out of their car and never have the odometer read 1mi on it. get over it. do i wish i could still have the SS read 21,565 like i got it 3yrs ago, i do, but nothing i can do about it.

    4) you can have the best of both here and I feel you fail to realize this. you are currently lacking any form of patience, you're just jumping right in. save up, pay the T/A off, do the little mods, stock pile the parts you want. you dont realize that it's taken me 3 yrs to get the SS to the point i want it, and im still not done. you want it all done NOW, but w/what $$$...? keep your car and the low miles it currently has, mod it up and i bet you you will be more pleased because it is your car, and the work YOU did on your car that makes you appreciate it more than just picking up something second hand off the street.

    you can say im being harsh, or ripping on you, but im not. i cant believe im the only one here telling you this. IMO, you have not done reasearch enough to get the prize out of the bottom of a Cracker Jack Box, in regards to the magnitude of what you are planning to do and the outcome you hope to achieve. its because i care, im sharing this with you.

    as i have said before whatever you plan to do i wish the best and that it works out for you...

  6. #8406
    $ 25,000 panty dropper VENOMOUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Waco
    Posts
    1,186

    2005 Ram SRT-10 QC 8.3l
    1999 FRC Black

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    one that i view as: not smart/not having one. you jump around everyday like a puppy with ADD...

    1) not having a basic understanding of what has been done to the vehicle. im sorry but going from a 346 alum engine to a 364 iron block with said mods done to the car, while yours is untouched is throwing caution in the wind. knowing the history (and i dont mean just CARFAX) is a big thing. all that's been done is for power, which means money you dont have will go into a transmission and rear-end just to give you peace of mind. sure all the mods look good on paper, but in the end what is it really going to cost you?

    you said it yourself, "i just want to get out of the car payment." but your only justification for doing so is to buy a modded vehicle only to dump money into it to make sure nothing craps out on you. a vehicle that's worth less and putting money into it that you will never get back.

    im sorry, but id rather have a car payment AND a vehicle with almost 1/2 the milage than a built car that you know nothing about...

    2) you dont understand that having a car note is GOOD DEBT, and at your age to show that you can handle your finances will show good things in regards to your credit for you down the road. you think you hate haivng a car payment, try having 2. you apparently can make it work, but you have the MOD bug which IMO, is just 'mind fucking' you. you are in an absolute hurry, and looking from the outside all this is completely impulsive.

    3) the whole deal about being worried to drive your car cause of milage, well im sorrry to say that if everyone could, they would drive the shit out of their car and never have the odometer read 1mi on it. get over it. do i wish i could still have the SS read 21,565 like i got it 3yrs ago, i do, but nothing i can do about it.

    4) you can have the best of both here and I feel you fail to realize this. you are currently lacking any form of patience, you're just jumping right in. save up, pay the T/A off, do the little mods, stock pile the parts you want. you dont realize that it's taken me 3 yrs to get the SS to the point i want it, and im still not done. you want it all done NOW, but w/what $$$...? keep your car and the low miles it currently has, mod it up and i bet you you will be more pleased because it is your car, and the work YOU did on your car that makes you appreciate it more than just picking up something second hand off the street.

    you can say im being harsh, or ripping on you, but im not. i cant believe im the only one here telling you this. IMO, you have not done reasearch enough to get the prize out of the bottom of a Cracker Jack Box, in regards to the magnitude of what you are planning to do and the outcome you hope to achieve. its because i care, im sharing this with you.

    as i have said before whatever you plan to do i wish the best and that it works out for you...
    Wow, that's alot to agree on, but I do.

  7. #8407
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    that was fast... you must have been driving the grand am
    Damn straight.

  8. #8408
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    one that i view as: not smart/not having one. you jump around everyday like a puppy with ADD...

    1) not having a basic understanding of what has been done to the vehicle. im sorry but going from a 346 alum engine to a 364 iron block with said mods done to the car, while yours is untouched is throwing caution in the wind. knowing the history (and i dont mean just CARFAX) is a big thing. all that's been done is for power, which means money you dont have will go into a transmission and rear-end just to give you peace of mind. sure all the mods look good on paper, but in the end what is it really going to cost you?

    you said it yourself, "i just want to get out of the car payment." but your only justification for doing so is to buy a modded vehicle only to dump money into it to make sure nothing craps out on you. a vehicle that's worth less and putting money into it that you will never get back.

    im sorry, but id rather have a car payment AND a vehicle with almost 1/2 the milage than a built car that you know nothing about...

    2) you dont understand that having a car note is GOOD DEBT, and at your age to show that you can handle your finances will show good things in regards to your credit for you down the road. you think you hate haivng a car payment, try having 2. you apparently can make it work, but you have the MOD bug which IMO, is just 'mind fucking' you. you are in an absolute hurry, and looking from the outside all this is completely impulsive.

    3) the whole deal about being worried to drive your car cause of milage, well im sorrry to say that if everyone could, they would drive the shit out of their car and never have the odometer read 1mi on it. get over it. do i wish i could still have the SS read 21,565 like i got it 3yrs ago, i do, but nothing i can do about it.

    4) you can have the best of both here and I feel you fail to realize this. you are currently lacking any form of patience, you're just jumping right in. save up, pay the T/A off, do the little mods, stock pile the parts you want. you dont realize that it's taken me 3 yrs to get the SS to the point i want it, and im still not done. you want it all done NOW, but w/what $$$...? keep your car and the low miles it currently has, mod it up and i bet you you will be more pleased because it is your car, and the work YOU did on your car that makes you appreciate it more than just picking up something second hand off the street.

    you can say im being harsh, or ripping on you, but im not. i cant believe im the only one here telling you this. IMO, you have not done reasearch enough to get the prize out of the bottom of a Cracker Jack Box, in regards to the magnitude of what you are planning to do and the outcome you hope to achieve. its because i care, im sharing this with you.

    as i have said before whatever you plan to do i wish the best and that it works out for you...
    i understand where you are coming from and i will try and not be defensive but explain myself
    1) i understand i did not know exactly what the block is that is why i said 402-408 or w.e else.. i listed two wrong options but understood it didnt have to be those, which is why i was asking trying to inform myself and do the research. and getting out of the car payment has nothing to do with me not wanting to spend the money or having the money... i want to spend the money just i would rather spend it tomake it fast... i would rather have a fast car, then a really nice car... just personal prefference...
    2) credit part is not going to help me considering the loan is completely under my moms name and so is the car... therefore none of it is helping my credit
    3) and i dont know what thats about but you have a dd and you seem to not drive your ss muc, not judging you for that, im just saying you dont even drive your ss much, could be wrong but i sware i have heard you talkabout letting it sit for weeks at a time and saying you will never dd that thing
    4) and yes i may lack patience to have a fast car, but i have rushed into cars before and learned my lesson... im not rushing into anything... i told my friend about my car for sale and he says he may needto buy it soon therefore im trying to pick a car out... this ones a great deal and i understand needing a new rear and tranny before hand which i do have the money to do... its not going ot have to be on hold forever... it will be done soon after the purchase... and no matter what i was planning on puting a bunch of money into whatever i buy.. this one will be saving me a lotttttt of dough...

    I appreciate your concern and see where you are coming from, but i have a feeling you may be looking at this slightly wrong... it seems sudden to you but you havent seen me talk to my mom a longggg time ago about doing this... then she recently suggested it.. not my idea my moms idea... so the idea has been inthe works awhile

  9. #8409
    lmpounded SandmanWs7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    8,028

    Silver
    2007 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    i dont know...

    this is his 2nd ban so maybe a week...
    24 hours.

  10. #8410
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    hey brian, sorry but i think after reading what you said again i understand what you are tryign to say, i might be wrong, but i think you think that i have basically made up my mind on this car before i check it out, and as i talked to charles about it, i am only being prepared in case i do like it when i check it out... im going in very skeptical because it is a very good deal... im not set on buying this car as i would like to have an m6, but i would also like to have an auto withthe amount of time i plan on spending at the strip... its a toss up but im willing to buy auto if its the right one... sorry if i made the impression that its set in stone, its just that it seems like a good deal on paper, therefore i want to give it a chance in person

  11. #8411
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    hey lupe do you know when yall are planning on doing the rearend?

  12. #8412
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    9,288

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    i understand where you are coming from and i will try and not be defensive but explain myself
    1)i want to spend the money just i would rather spend it tomake it fast... i would rather have a fast car, then a really nice car... just personal prefference...
    im trying to let it be known that you can have both by keeping the T/A and modding it to what you want, not what someone else did for what they wanted...

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    2) credit part is not going to help me considering the loan is completely under my moms name and so is the car... therefore none of it is helping my credit
    damn that sucks...

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    3) and i dont know what thats about but you have a dd and you seem to not drive your ss muc, not judging you for that, im just saying you dont even drive your ss much, could be wrong but i sware i have heard you talkabout letting it sit for weeks at a time and saying you will never dd that thing
    you can put yourself in the same situation as well in regards to having a DD like myself and many others. i bought the Exploder for $2500 and it lasted me damn near 2 yrs, and i got about 70% of what i paid for at as trade in value on the Colorado. do you realize that insurance on a car that is paid off that you have as your primary vehicle is but pennies on the dollar? that would allow you to then build your TA "FAST' as you wish AND still have a good looking car.

    yes, i have let the SS sit for a couple weeks, but i'll be damned if im gonna drive it in the rain or inclimate weather if there's no need/reason for it. yes, i drive the SS but not everyday (she started out that way as my DD but by being able to make things happen, i have been fortunate enough to change that), to softball games, crusing, meets, GTG's, Fair's, needing a "speed fix", etc., you have a great looking and very well performing car now. just know you can ahve the best of both. i live by this saying as well: everything in my life can be a mess, but i have to have a clean car. cleaning and keeping the SS clean is my Zen, my one place that i can get away from everything and everyone. i realize we arent the same in persona but i know you can relate...


    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    4) and yes i may lack patience to have a fast car, but i have rushed into cars before and learned my lesson... im not rushing into anything...
    I appreciate your concern and see where you are coming from, but i have a feeling you may be looking at this slightly wrong... it seems sudden to you but you havent seen me talk to my mom a longggg time ago about doing this... then she recently suggested it.. not my idea my moms idea... so the idea has been inthe works awhile
    you are right, i do not know what you have talked to your mother about or for how long, as that is not my business. i am glad that you did not get and hopefully did not take what i said on the defensive, as that was not the intention of what i shared with you. ive been there and done that, comprimised in the middle, and feel i came out with everything i wanted and more. that's the insight i wish to share with you. its just that its my hope that whatever the outcome is that you are happy with the decisions made and not left kicking yourself in the ass...

  13. #8413
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    im trying to let it be known that you can have both by keeping the T/A and modding it to what you want, not what someone else did for what they wanted...



    damn that sucks...



    you can put yourself in the same situation as well in regards to having a DD like myself and many others. i bought the Exploder for $2500 and it lasted me damn near 2 yrs, and i got about 70% of what i paid for at as trade in value on the Colorado. do you realize that insurance on a car that is paid off that you have as your primary vehicle is but pennies on the dollar? that would allow you to then build your TA "FAST' as you wish AND still have a good looking car.

    yes, i have let the SS sit for a couple weeks, but i'll be damned if im gonna drive it in the rain or inclimate weather if there's no need/reason for it. yes, i drive the SS but not everyday (she started out that way as my DD but by being able to make things happen, i have been fortunate enough to change that), to softball games, crusing, meets, GTG's, Fair's, needing a "speed fix", etc., you have a great looking and very well performing car now. just know you can ahve the best of both. i live by this saying as well: everything in my life can be a mess, but i have to have a clean car. cleaning and keeping the SS clean is my Zen, my one place that i can get away from everything and everyone. i realize we arent the same in persona but i know you can relate...




    you are right, i do not know what you have talked to your mother about or for how long, as that is not my business. i am glad that you did not get and hopefully did not take what i said on the defensive, as that was not the intention of what i shared with you. ive been there and done that, comprimised in the middle, and feel i came out with everything i wanted and more. that's the insight i wish to share with you. its just that its my hope that whatever the outcome is that you are happy with the decisions made and not left kicking yourself in the ass...
    well put... and i like how you put the deal about your car being your zen and my point of telling you the stuff about your car was made i feel because i was trying to show everyone has their reasons for have their car... and i never appreciated my car until i let it rip at the track.. and i truly will not feel a diff between higher mileage, dont care if it's t/a or camaro... when im at the track im happy/free/ and love it... i want a car setup for track that i dont worry about breaking... it costs money therefore i want my car paid off so i can create that... i compromise by getting a car with the performance already done and all i need to do is fortify that performance and not worry about anything else for a while on it hopefully... i wont be dumping much money into the car, rear end and tranny... thats approx 5grand... a bit of dough yes lol... but not as much as i originally intended...

  14. #8414
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    9,288

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    hey brian, sorry but i think after reading what you said again i understand what you are tryign to say, i might be wrong, but i think you think that i have basically made up my mind on this car before i check it out, and as i talked to charles about it, i am only being prepared in case i do like it when i check it out... im going in very skeptical because it is a very good deal... im not set on buying this car as i would like to have an m6, but i would also like to have an auto withthe amount of time i plan on spending at the strip... its a toss up but im willing to buy auto if its the right one... sorry if i made the impression that its set in stone, its just that it seems like a good deal on paper, therefore i want to give it a chance in person
    its all good. i know that might not be the exact car you would get if your T/A sells...

    the difference between a 346 and a 364 is really not that much. that's why im surprised they went that route. the numbers between the two cars with the same setup would only be minute with the 6.0 edging out the 5.7 in tq (not by much) but just because of the added displacement...

    the other thing is, what internally has been done to that block. nothing is listed, etc...

  15. #8415
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    9,288

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    well put... and i like how you put the deal about your car being your zen and my point of telling you the stuff about your car was made i feel because i was trying to show everyone has their reasons for have their car... and i never appreciated my car until i let it rip at the track.. and i truly will not feel a diff between higher mileage, dont care if it's t/a or camaro... when im at the track im happy/free/ and love it... i want a car setup for track that i dont worry about breaking... it costs money therefore i want my car paid off so i can create that... i compromise by getting a car with the performance already done and all i need to do is fortify that performance and not worry about anything else for a while on it hopefully... i wont be dumping much money into the car, rear end and tranny... thats approx 5grand... a bit of dough yes lol... but not as much as i originally intended...
    trust me the amount of $$$ i have put into the SS, she could be damn near paid off by now. no worries though, she will be paid off by Sept of this year!!!

  16. #8416
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    its all good. i know that might not be the exact car you would get if your T/A sells...

    the difference between a 346 and a 364 is really not that much. that's why im surprised they went that route. the numbers between the two cars with the same setup would only be minute with the 6.0 edging out the 5.7 in tq (not by much) but just because of the added displacement...

    the other thing is, what internally has been done to that block. nothing is listed, etc...
    yeah i know, i called the guy back right after i called him the first time because i forgot toask, so im waiting on his call back... i wanted to know what options he picked... and just for the hell of it if he knows dyno numbers... i wanted to do a 408.. but im looking into if that block like how much it would cost to make it that... because if im correct he has the lq9 block...not like a lq4 or anything im not sure... im trying to find all this out
    not like i would be changing the engine up or anything soon... but its nice to know

  17. #8417
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    trust me the amount of $$$ i have put into the SS, she could be damn near paid off by now. no worries though, she will be paid off by Sept of this year!!!
    congrats... if i keep the t/a it wont be paid off for another year and a half or so... assuming i do no mods or drop any money for that time period

  18. #8418
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    ok test time.. be back shortly... thank you brian... it's nice to have someone there to help me, and im glad you are able to express the way you feel about it then understand where im coming from

  19. #8419
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    9,288

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    congrats... if i keep the t/a it wont be paid off for another year and a half or so... assuming i do no mods or drop any money for that time period
    what's kinda sad but smart, is that since the Exploder crapped out and i've had the truck for 10 days, ive started taking the DART to work a couple tmes a week. that saves on both gas and wear/tear on the new(er) truck...

    $3 day pass is cheaper than the gallon of gas and 20+ miles i would be driving if i drove to the office everyday...

  20. #8420
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    9,288

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    ok test time.. be back shortly... thank you brian... it's nice to have someone there to help me, and im glad you are able to express the way you feel about it then understand where im coming from
    you're welcome, and certainly not a problem. i just want people to see and explore the multitude of options that exist and think them over, then seek out the best course of action to make what they want to have happen, happen for them...

Page 421 of 431 FirstFirst ... 2171121171221271321371381391401417418419420421422423424425 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ***MAY Texas mini-Train***
    By ntimid8r in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 595
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 08:57 PM
  2. ***March Texas Mini-train***
    By ntimid8r in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 874
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 05:52 AM
  3. *** Texas Mini Train ***
    By SandmanWs7 in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 6246
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 05:34 AM
  4. Texas Mini Train Feb
    By Sarge in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 7680
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 11:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •