Page 392 of 431 FirstFirst ... 4292142192242292342352362372388389390391392393394395396412422 ... LastLast
Results 7,821 to 7,840 of 8605

Texas Mini Train March

This is a discussion on Texas Mini Train March within the AAG Archives forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Originally Posted by ntimid8r Having a beast like that as a DD will get old fast. That's the one nice ...

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    Having a beast like that as a DD will get old fast. That's the one nice thing with nitrous, you can have a more calm driving car then light it up at the track.....chemically.
    yes sir... which is why i frown on a turbo build up... cost wayyy to much to get a s/c up to that level... and yada yada... but that car will be retired as a dd once the finishing touches are put on it... i will be buying a second car for gas mileage when the shortblock is going in... just not practical... plus doing all that racing... there's no way i cna be racing every weekend wit ha car that has to get me to work and school everyday

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    i like yours... i just can afford to go bigger... so why not... not money wise but convenience wise... i dont drive mine as far asyou have to
    if i had to admit... i would say your cam is probably the best choice for a nice build... i just like radical builds... they are fun
    I just remember the look on your face when you heard me say that I will most likely use the same cam in a 408 as I am now I like this one partially for the DD aspects, but the curve is more of what I wanted as well. Though to be honest I would be happier if I could have a better mid range.

NASCAR Go Fast, Turn Left ntimid8r's Avatar

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

not my kinda specs... but for fi its a good one... it just doesnt fit my build... at all... for yours its a perfect one... i like it
    I know....just toying. But that's the neat thing with FI, you can have an easy driving car for the street 'til you stomp the pedal. I wish my setup had the big lopey cam and all that bad ass sound though.

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    I just remember the look on your face when you heard me say that I will most likely use the same cam in a 408 as I am now I like this one partially for the DD aspects, but the curve is more of what I wanted as well. Though to be honest I would be happier if I could have a better mid range.
    im just not sure if you understand... that cam is wayyyyyy too small... yes its cool to have a small cam... but for that large of cubes... you can go like 236/236 and it would be like the equivalent... perfect
    i will probably be radical near the high 250's like... 256/260 258/262... something huge

Silver

I know....just toying. But that's the neat thing with FI, you can have an easy driving car for the street 'til you stomp the pedal. I wish my setup had the big lopey cam and all that bad ass sound though.
    yeah but you got sneak attack... like a ninja!!!!!

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

wow see its stuff like this that really puts it into perspective... i did a report in college over the zl1 camaro... most amazing car built in my opinion... it helped me understand the woes people went through way back when just to get into some of the times i am running right now
    Working on cars was a real bi*ch too. There wasn't much stuff in the way of "bolt on power". cuttin', weldin' and beating the crap out of parts to fit was the norm. Besides my current situation, I did the procharger, lowering and mods to my camaro and it was sooooo easy which made it soooo fun to do. Aftermarket parts actually fit right out of the box. That's a dream come true right there.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

yes sir... which is why i frown on a turbo build up... cost wayyy to much to get a s/c up to that level... and yada yada... but that car will be retired as a dd once the finishing touches are put on it... i will be buying a second car for gas mileage when the shortblock is going in... just not practical... plus doing all that racing... there's no way i cna be racing every weekend wit ha car that has to get me to work and school everyday

The rule of thumb.....don't get greedy with the car that gets you to work, school or home.

Silver

Working on cars was a real bi*ch too. There wasn't much stuff in the way of "bolt on power". cuttin', weldin' and beating the crap out of parts to fit was the norm. Besides my current situation, I did the procharger, lowering and mods to my camaro and it was sooooo easy which made it soooo fun to do. Aftermarket parts actually fit right out of the box. That's a dream come true right there.
    and to think i bitch if something is 1/8th of an inch off and i gotta use my manpowers to force it in...

Silver

The rule of thumb.....don't get greedy with the car that gets you to work, school or home.
    yep... i will prob go back to where i was with my last car... like a 1500 dollar 240sx or so... they get good gas mileage and pretty reliable... maybe a civic but those cost more... hell... v6 camaro?

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Well guys, I gotta go get some sleep. Got my son's soccer game to attend @8:30. Then I need to start putting in my new electrical harness in the el camino. I'm thankful in '65 they didn't too much wiring to make the car work. Have a good one fella's and don't forget the invasion countdown!!!!!

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Fab is DRUNK.

Silver

Well guys, I gotta go get some sleep. Got my son's soccer game to attend @8:30. Then I need to start putting in my new electrical harness in the el camino. I'm thankful in '65 they didn't too much wiring to make the car work. Have a good one fella's and don't forget the invasion countdown!!!!!

alright... nice convo tonight... talk to ya tomorrow if ya got any free time

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by FuhBreezeE View Post
    Fab is DRUNK.
    fab is POSTING DRUNK

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

im just not sure if you understand... that cam is wayyyyyy too small... yes its cool to have a small cam... but for that large of cubes... you can go like 236/236 and it would be like the equivalent... perfect
    i will probably be radical near the high 250's like... 256/260 258/262... something huge
    I have a pretty good idea what I am doing. Back when we ran a 406 we used a 226/226 cam with a much smaller lift and it ran great. Different kind of motor, but principles still can apply. It is just that our cars allow most of the older rules for making a steetable car to be bent. I might end up going a bit bigger, but I dont' think it will be much at all. With Trick Flow heads I also get to make up for it some with the aftermarket rocker arms.

On a side note those duration times you qouted are close to my friend's cam in his 540 alc/.meth car

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

fab is POSTING DRUNK
    As Fuuuuuuck

Silver

I have a pretty good idea what I am doing. Back when we ran a 406 we used a 226/226 cam with a much smaller lift and it ran great. Different kind of motor, but principles still can apply. It is just that our cars allow most of the older rules for making a steetable car to be bent. I might end up going a bit bigger, but I dont' think it will be much at all. With Trick Flow heads I also get to make up for it some with the aftermarket rocker arms.

On a side note those duration times you qouted are close to my friend's cam in his 540 alc/.meth car
    yikes... i havent decided on lift though... no idea... but that duration seems good to me
    not tooo much larger than curtis' only about 10 degrees

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by FuhBreezeE View Post
    As Fuuuuuuck

out with the boys tonight?

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

Luckily you could also have a pool party with the extra space under the hood

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

out with the boys tonight?
    Went to Logan's bar in addison. Full of some hotties. One blond chick....STACKED...I mean this girl was talented. And the chicks at the table next to us till my buddy busted out 'Who are you?' I about fucking died dude....holy shit. Her jaw dropped. She was from MO anyways.

Silver

Luckily you could also have a pool party with the extra space under the hood
    that was a plus

Page 392 of 431 FirstFirst ... 4292142192242292342352362372388389390391392393394395396412422 ... LastLast

Thread Information