Texas Mini Train March

This is a discussion on Texas Mini Train March within the AAG Archives forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 8.11... but highway you would clean me out... and you can beat me in the 1/8th... ...

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    8.11... but highway you would clean me out... and you can beat me in the 1/8th... just cuz you dont have a better timeslip dont mean you arent faster... right now its just me and lupe in our own class of headers back exhaust and short shifters with dr's
    i want to put some DRs on but with 115,xxx on the clock i know the rear couldnt handle em for long

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

does anybody have a very rough estimate of how much it would cost for like a 4l60/80 that can handle roughly 600rwhp?

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by 99Sevan View Post
    i want to put some DRs on but with 115,xxx on the clock i know the rear couldnt handle em for long
    i feel you... i have been veryyyyy fortunate to not snap anything on my passes.... im done for now until the car sells and i get a new one... but i should hopefully have enough cash to do my headers/td's/cam/head/rearend all at the same time... so no worries there

NASCAR Go Fast, Turn Left ntimid8r's Avatar

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

one day... i will have a car that clean... but until i can afford a crew of twenty men to do the cleaning for my lazy ass... i wont happen... i dont know how you do it rich
    Thanks Tyler. I like waxing off!

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

does anybody have a very rough estimate of how much it would cost for like a 4l60/80 that can handle roughly 600rwhp?
    you an a4?

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

i feel you... i have been veryyyyy fortunate to not snap anything on my passes.... im done for now until the car sells and i get a new one... but i should hopefully have enough cash to do my headers/td's/cam/head/rearend all at the same time... so no worries there
    selling the T/A?

Silver

you an a4?
    no i have m6
    i was just wondering because im looking into buying a new car... and figurin out what direction i want to go with it... and my two scares from a4 are
    A) i hate driving them
    B) the cost of making them go fast safely...

Silver

selling the T/A?
    yeah im a smart cookie and bought an overpriced t/a... so now im in the hole with car payments and have the mod bug... so i sell, and buy a cheap camaro... use the cash to pay off my t/a and the exra cash to buy the camaro and the leftover dumped on the camaro...

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

i was looking at that torque arm - the guy at keith craft says he prefers the tranny mounted one for street/occasional strip cars

i think i would have clearance issues with that one - are you lowered at all?
    Yes....my cars lowered with Eibach pro kit. It's slightly lower than the stock cross member, but much stronger as being part of the sub-frame connector tie point. I think I've scraped it a couple of times, but overall not bad at all.

Personally, I don't want the stress produced from a torque arm pulling on the transmission at all. That was a big factor for getting the Spohn at the time. Now BMR and UMI have that style too.

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    Yes....my cars lowered with Eibach pro kit. It's slightly lower than the stock cross member, but much stronger as being part of the sub-frame connector tie point. I think I've scraped it a couple of times, but overall not bad at all.

Personally, I don't want the stress produced from a torque arm pulling on the transmission at all. That was a big factor for getting the Spohn at the time. Now BMR and UMI have that style too.
    your a smart man... didnt think about it that way... and i would have to say it doesnt scrape cuz i notice that red paint shining on the bottom still lol

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

no i have m6
    i was just wondering because im looking into buying a new car... and figurin out what direction i want to go with it... and my two scares from a4 are
    A) i hate driving them
    B) the cost of making them go fast safely...
    B) kind of goes along with the m6 as well - after the rear im probably gonna send mine off to sixspeedsinc.com and have them rebuild it

i figure there are about $5K in parts that i would like to put on her before i call her "done" which ive already learned these cars are never done - lol

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Somewhere in the $2k area.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

your a smart man... didnt think about it that way... and i would have to say it doesnt scrape cuz i notice that red paint shining on the bottom still lol
    Well the cross-member was just re-powdercoated and I haven't driven the car yet.

Silver

B) kind of goes along with the m6 as well - after the rear im probably gonna send mine off to sixspeedsinc.com and have them rebuild it

i figure there are about $5K in parts that i would like to put on her before i call her "done" which ive already learned these cars are never done - lol
    its kinda true and kinda not... with just a clutch i feel like i can safely touch 500rwhp and 112 lsa cam... in a auto you couldnt do that on a stock one with just a convertor and cooler... so in the longshot if you are going high horsepower... autos wouldnt cost toooo much more... but in the smaller hp around 500 m6 saves a butt load of cash

Silver

Somewhere in the $2k area.
    Well the cross-member was just re-powdercoated and I haven't driven the car yet.
    thats not too bad....
    and oh... oh well... not like all these cars dont scrape on everything in the first place i wish they looked like the bottom of a c6

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

yea, my ORY is scraping and im not gonna take the ride height back up to just scrape on something else - i think i will be ok with the tranny mounted one - and its 100 bucks cheaper - but yours is probably better performing

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

thats not too bad....
    and oh... oh well... not like all these cars dont scrape on everything in the first place i wish they looked like the bottom of a c6

I wish I had a C6 Z06 too but........

Silver

I wish I had a C6 Z06 too but........
    i will one day... and you can mark my word... well either that or a c7 if i like them better and i got the cashflow... but i will have a c6 z06 or better...

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

yea, my ORY is scraping and im not gonna take the ride height back up to just scrape on something else - i think i will be ok with the tranny mounted one - and its 100 bucks cheaper - but yours is probably better performing
    It really doesn't scrape much as long as you're careful going over speed bumps and driveways. But it will scrape at some point.....just part of the whole lowering deal.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am

yeah im a smart cookie and bought an overpriced t/a... so now im in the hole with car payments and have the mod bug... so i sell, and buy a cheap camaro... use the cash to pay off my t/a and the exra cash to buy the camaro and the leftover dumped on the camaro...
    just kind of curious as to what you paid for your T/A and why you think you overpaid - PM it if you dont want it on here

Page 292 of 431 FirstFirst ... 4292142192242252262272288289290291292293294295296312322332342392 ... LastLast

Thread Information