Texas Mini Train March

This is a discussion on Texas Mini Train March within the AAG Archives forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Originally Posted by FuhBreezeE Girls are good at that. I know the feeling occasionally, it sucks. Old and alone would ...

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by FuhBreezeE View Post
    Girls are good at that. I know the feeling occasionally, it sucks.

Old and alone would prolly suck, but I just can't justify marriage and kids to myself. Idk why...
    i feel the reason i couldnt have kids is:
    1) the EX had a son and our parenting styles differed greatly. i was trying to get him to grow up and she wanted him to stay her baby boy. i pottied trained him, while she still wanted him in diapers.
    2) i look at the direction society is going and it simply disgusts me. i couldnt bring a child in the world as messed up as it is.
    3) the lack of respect across the board that people show towards others, property, etc. makes me sick.
    4) the fact some current parents FAIL at disiplining their children when they get out of line. there is stuff i will NEVER tolerate out of a child or an adult period...

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    i feel the reason i couldnt have kids is:
    1) the EX had a son and our parenting styles differed greatly. i was trying to get him to grow up and she wanted him to stay her baby boy. i pottied trained him, while she still wanted him in diapers.
    2) i look at the direction society is going and it simply disgusts me. i couldnt bring a child in the world as messed up as it is.
    3) the lack of respect across the board that people show towards others, property, etc. makes me sick.
    4) the fact some current parents FAIL at disiplining their children when they get out of line. there is stuff i will NEVER tolerate out of a child or an adult period...
    You're correct, kids these days are TERRIBLE, aboslutely terrible.

$ 25,000 panty dropper VENOMOUS's Avatar

2005 Ram SRT-10 QC 8.3l
    1999 FRC Black

You're correct, kids these days are TERRIBLE, aboslutely terrible.
    Kids are awesome, you're too young to understand!! They make life worth living!! They make sleep worth having!! LOL!

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

no i completely disagree, kids have been raised w/the expection(s) that everything should be given to them, instantly. they need to earn what they want, that way they will respect and appreciate what they have and what it took to get them in that position.

if i ever have a kid, i wont buy them a car. my parents didnt do that for me. they will get a job, be a productive member of society and earn their car, pay for insurance for it like i did, etc. its time parents stop being their kids best friend, and act like a parent. teach them to be responsable for their actions. teach them to think for themselves, instead of doing everything for them. support them, dont hover around them protecting them from LIFE.

if i have a kid, they wont wear a bicycle helmet. allow kids to be a kid. kids get hurt, its part of growing up. dont soften them up and turn them into pussies, so that they cry everytime they scratch their knee. pick them up tell them to brush it off, and tell them that they are ok and get back to having fun.

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

This new generation watches too many Dateline NBC specials, they won't let their kids do anything anymore. They're protected from everything, how were kids raised for thousands of years prior to this? Let them learn on their own, they'll figure it out for themselves.

2005 Ram SRT-10 QC 8.3l
    1999 FRC Black

I agree with everything you said, but the ones raised like we were are doing pretty damn good in society today!! I am going to raise my daughter in a similar manner to that which I was raised with the exception of some fine tuning!! LOL !! I don't believe all kids are going to be terrrible. Just a vast majority!

2005 Ram SRT-10 QC 8.3l
    1999 FRC Black

BAD PARENTING = imprisoned kids
    GREAT PARENTING = our future society

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

This new generation watches too many Dateline NBC specials, they won't let their kids do anything anymore. They're protected from everything, how were kids raised for thousands of years prior to this? Let them learn on their own, they'll figure it out for themselves.
    critical thinking skills, FTW!!!

its about discovering options, differences, what works and what doesnt...

shit, i cant tell you how many times i did something and got hurt and all my dad would say was, "So what did you learn by this?" self discovery is the most important skill a child can learn. im not saying never watch your child, but you can share with them what things might happen if they do something. if the do it even after being told, well its self discovery for them...

"A small town called none of your god damn

Silver
    2006 Cadillac CTS-V

Kids are not for me. With the stuff I'm trying to do I'll be glad if I make it till 40. I wouldn't want to leave a kid with out a parent. If I had to choose btween a kid or my military career, military would win.

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    critical thinking skills, FTW!!!

its about discovering options, differences, what works and what doesnt...

shit, i cant tell you how many times i did something and got hurt and all my dad would say was, "So what did you learn by this?" self discovery is the most important skill a child can learn. im not saying never watch your child, but you can share with them what things might happen if they do something. if the do it even after being told, well its self discovery for them...
    That's right, my dad was the same way. 'Not gonna do that again, are you?'

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by VENOMOUS View Post
    BAD PARENTING = imprisoned kids
    GREAT PARENTING = our future society
    Bad Parenting = Raising non-self independent childern that as they grow older become a burden on/to society. im messy enough, and i dont care to clean up someone eles's mess...

Good/Great Parenting = Raising a child to become a respected and productive member of society, by supporting what they do, regardless of what the outcome may be. be a part of their life, dont run their's for them...

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

That's right, my dad was the same way. 'Not gonna do that again, are you?'
    yeah, that was usually the follow up question to his first one...

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Any other opinions in this matter from the others?

"A small town called none of your god damn

Silver
    2006 Cadillac CTS-V

children don't fear their parents that's the problem. How can children respect their parents if they don't fear them

Red
    2001 SS (M6) #4581

I agree with Brian. Everything he said is pretty much spot on the way I feel about kids. Selfish, disresepectful, unappreciative little instant gratification expecting brats! I as well would not purposely bring a child into this world with the direction that it is heading. Everything is about money "even religion", more and more people want a whole lot of something for absolutely nothing, it just gets worse and worse. The United States is becoming so lazy that its just going to self implode one day. Im moving to Germany or Australia if I ever get the chance!

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Respect. Not fear.

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Quote Originally Posted by ss_caramo View Post
    Im moving to Geramny or Australia if I ever get the chance!
    Where is that? Is it a new country?

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by 2000 SS Beast View Post
    children don't fear their parents that's the problem. How can children respect their parents if they don't fear them
    no child should 'fear' their parent(s). they should be taught the morals and values to respect what it is their parent(s) provide them. they need to be taught to be happy with what they have and not the, "Me, me, me gimmie, gimmie, gimmie, i want, i want" additude kids today have. if one's parent(s) didnt get you something you wanted, you can be damn sure they had a good reason for not doing so...

Red
    2001 SS (M6) #4581

Where is that? Is it a new country?
    Haha I corrected it, didnt see it before I posted

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Quote Originally Posted by ss_caramo View Post
    Haha I corrected it, didnt see it before I posted
    Damn, sounded like a cool place.

Page 222 of 431 FirstFirst ... 2272122172182192202218219220221222223224225226242252262272322372422 ... LastLast

Thread Information