Texas Mini Train March

This is a discussion on Texas Mini Train March within the AAG Archives forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Originally Posted by ntimid8r I'm sure they live within walking distance to the beach. You can bike around there real ...

  1. #3281
    Senior Member Bowtie_girl30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Everything's better in Texas.
    Posts
    6,414

    Black
    2009 Cobalt SS

    Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    I'm sure they live within walking distance to the beach. You can bike around there real easy too. Sounds like some good fun for you and your friend if you decide to visit the west coast. We can get a big cruise going for whenever you come out too.
    that would be fun! Well Im looking at airfare the pricing isnt too bad to fly Dallas/Lovefield to LAX. Im looking at hotels too, sounds like it would be a nice vacation from Tejas

    Edit: A lot of hotels are on sale right now This could become an easy reality.

  2. #3282
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    Oh, in that case you shouldn't have a problem then.
    We'll see.
    The hard part will be getting it registered.

  3. #3283
    lmpounded SandmanWs7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    8,028

    Silver
    2007 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    We'll see.
    The hard part will be getting it registered.
    What is registering in your area. Does that mean you have to pass an inspection?

  4. #3284
    lmpounded SandmanWs7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    8,028

    Silver
    2007 CTS-V

    Here registering is going to the tax office showing some insurance and getting a sticker. 60 bucks tops. Inspection means they OBDII test to see if emissions are good, there I could see Slowass having issues.

  5. #3285
    lmpounded SandmanWs7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    8,028

    Silver
    2007 CTS-V

    I am out fo now gotta go get some material for a side job I got going.

  6. #3286
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    What is registering in your area. Does that mean you have to pass an inspection?


    Tailpipe and visual.
    I have cats...might have them hung up to see how it does.
    And get with my tuner to back the timing off and lean it out a touch.

  7. #3287
    Senior Member Bottesini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denton, Texas soon Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,956

    Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

    Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    I might go for that spec 1 kit next month
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    LS7 kit.

    Personally I would look into either the spec 3 or LS7.

    Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    My brother texted me that one of our co-workers got fired for getting in a fist fight with both of my bosses.
    So does this mean there is a job opening ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    The camaro is close to being done. It's been such a pain finding missing/wrong stuff during each progression of things.

    I'll allow you to enjoy your M6. But yeah, a TH400 is gonna get you down the track a bit more efficiently.
    All depends on the speed of the car and driver. I will not argue when you get into the ridiculous speeds an auto is faster. However, for most street cars the standard should prevail if you have a good driver.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30 View Post
    Aunt and Uncle live out there I might have to go visit them and take a day to visit you. Maybe this summer when I've got some extra cash laying around.
    I also have some relatives out there. I think I hear road trip though I think my car would be pulled over at the Cali state line and fined.

  8. #3288
    Senior Member Bowtie_girl30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Everything's better in Texas.
    Posts
    6,414

    Black
    2009 Cobalt SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    I also have some relatives out there. I think I hear road trip though I think my car would be pulled over at the Cali state line and fined.

    I was thinking of flying though. Cause Im taking classes along with working over the summer. I was thinking take a Friday off, catch a flight Thursday night, then leave Sunday night. Just an idea right now though.
    Last edited by Bowtie_girl30; 03-13-2008 at 11:26 AM.

  9. #3289
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    Here registering is going to the tax office showing some insurance and getting a sticker. 60 bucks tops. Inspection means they OBDII test to see if emissions are good, there I could see Slowass having issues.
    Slowass would pass a ODBII test.
    Doesn't have cats...so that is a necessary evil.

    Or...I could change my lisense and registration address to a friends outside of the Denver area. A little illegal though.

  10. #3290
    NASCAR Go Fast, Turn Left ntimid8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    8,051

    383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30 View Post
    that would be fun! Well Im looking at airfare the pricing isnt too bad to fly Dallas/Lovefield to LAX. Im looking at hotels too, sounds like it would be a nice vacation from Tejas

    Edit: A lot of hotels are on sale right now This could become an easy reality.
    Why wouldn't you stay at your relatives place and save your hotel money for having more fun?

  11. #3291
    NASCAR Go Fast, Turn Left ntimid8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    8,051

    383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    We'll see.
    The hard part will be getting it registered.
    C'mon, if we can get cars registered in Cali.....you can do it much easier in Colorado.

  12. #3292
    Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Gadsden, AL
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,470

    Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

    hey hey hey

  13. #3293
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    C'mon, if we can get cars registered in Cali.....you can do it much easier in Colorado.
    248/254 629/622 113


  14. #3294
    Senior Member Bowtie_girl30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Everything's better in Texas.
    Posts
    6,414

    Black
    2009 Cobalt SS

    Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    Why wouldn't you stay at your relatives place and save your hotel money for having more fun?
    They are really hard to work with schedule wise. Aunt is a nurse and my Uncle works for NASA so they are pretty busy people and I hate imposing. Ill have to talk to them about it and see if that would be okay. But first have to talk to my friend and she if she would want to go.

  15. #3295
    NASCAR Go Fast, Turn Left ntimid8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    8,051

    383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    All depends on the speed of the car and driver. I will not argue when you get into the ridiculous speeds an auto is faster. However, for most street cars the standard should prevail if you have a good driver.
    I'll give you that driver error is a large portion of it. Of course what mods and such each car has. But that's the beauty of the modern automatic. Computer controlled so you can make if perform better on the fly. Then having a stall to help launch out of the hole.....the automatic has the advantage. For faster and consitant shifts, you can beat an automatic. That's why all the guys going all out drag racing switch to the TH400.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    I also have some relatives out there. I think I hear road trip though I think my car would be pulled over at the Cali state line and fined.
    We can do a SoCal invasion as to follow up the Dallas invasion. As long as you keep your texas plates on.....they won't bother you.

  16. #3296
    NASCAR Go Fast, Turn Left ntimid8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    8,051

    383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!! View Post
    hey hey hey
    Hey Erick

  17. #3297
    NASCAR Go Fast, Turn Left ntimid8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    8,051

    383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    248/254 629/622 113

    Like I said, we can still get cars like that registered out here.

  18. #3298
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    Like I said, we can still get cars like that registered out here.
    I need to find a hook-up.
    Once it is back on the road later next week, Sara will fit in there again, so we can go to the exhaust shop one day and get the cats hung up.

    If worse comes to worse...temp tags for a month.

  19. #3299
    NASCAR Go Fast, Turn Left ntimid8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    8,051

    383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie_girl30 View Post
    They are really hard to work with schedule wise. Aunt is a nurse and my Uncle works for NASA so they are pretty busy people and I hate imposing. Ill have to talk to them about it and see if that would be okay. But first have to talk to my friend and she if she would want to go.
    What's family for. They hand you a key to the house and you see them when you can. I'm pretty sure they know you're out to have fun, not visit the old peoples home with them.

    It'd save you a bunch of money is all. Hell, I'm sure someone here in our San Diego LS1 community could put you and your friend up for a weekend or whatever. I'd ask my wife but I think I already know the answer to that. "Hey honey, mind if a couple young hotties from Texas come visit for a weekend?"

  20. #3300
    NASCAR Go Fast, Turn Left ntimid8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    8,051

    383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I need to find a hook-up.
    Once it is back on the road later next week, Sara will fit in there again, so we can go to the exhaust shop one day and get the cats hung up.

    If worse comes to worse...temp tags for a month.
    Hit up the guys in your local LS1 community!!!! Someone is bound to know someone. Money always helps too.

Page 165 of 431 FirstFirst ... 1565115125135145161162163164165166167168169185195205215265315365415 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ***MAY Texas mini-Train***
    By ntimid8r in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 595
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 08:57 PM
  2. ***March Texas Mini-train***
    By ntimid8r in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 874
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 05:52 AM
  3. *** Texas Mini Train ***
    By SandmanWs7 in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 6246
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 05:34 AM
  4. Texas Mini Train Feb
    By Sarge in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 7680
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 11:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •