Page 14 of 159 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171834445464114 ... LastLast

***WOOT, WOOT on the November Train***

This is a discussion on ***WOOT, WOOT on the November Train*** within the AAG Archives forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; working in covington township is no joy either...fffuuu, at least I get along with Gary Jenkins, Jay Erb/Herb/? is a ...

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

working in covington township is no joy either...fffuuu, at least I get along with Gary Jenkins, Jay Erb/Herb/? is a pita!

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Gary is a great guy -- always willing to work with you on stuff. I have not had any dealings with Jay.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

You don't want any. You know as well as I do, anything dealing with rules and regulations gets so fucking thrown out of proportion and mis interpreted.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    You don't want any. You know as well as I do, anything dealing with rules and regulations gets so fucking thrown out of proportion and mis interpreted.

Yep. Job security.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Right now, no. But if I stay, I will have to. There are three other new hires and they don't think they are going to stay. The mornings are sales classes we have to attend, which wasn't told to us. We applied to learn how to repair and install garage doors, not sell them. Tomorrow, I have an interview with Strauss Auto and I got a call from STS about a job. Turns out, one of my old Sears coworkers is a manager for STS and one of the new hires I currently work with is friends with the manager from STS and he has been looking for me since he saw my resume online. So, who knows what will happen. But it looks pretty good for me.

I am starting to miss automotive. I feel like something in my life is missing now that I am not working on cars.
    I swear if you go to STS which is corporate ,which will screw you harder than my boss does I will come knocking on your door to beat your ass

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    I swear if you go to STS which is corporate ,which will screw you harder than my boss does I will come knocking on your door to beat your ass
    What's STS?

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

oh one other thing Cammed Just a few more bits of info the bastad will be going down.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    What's STS?
    Somerset Tire Service.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    What's STS?

a tire dealer, thats sucks . My neighbor works for them and hates it with a passion. Cammed hit dealerships, for the love of God don't make me beat you, you wont like it. and the whole time I will be saying this hurts you more than it does me but it is for your own good

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

oh one other thing Cammed Just a few more bits of info the bastad will be going down.
    Why shouldn't I go with STS? If they can help me get my ASE's then why not? What happened at GoodYear?

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

yea they can help you get your ase, but their pay sucks,the way they treat the customers and employees sucks. You ever wonder why STS is always hiring, the same with firestone.

Well they are now talking pretty seriously about not hooking up the tire balancer in my bay. which makes my work more difficult.plus the normal bs. plus I overheard (actually read his lips) john talking about adding another bay and door in my area and NOT getting a permit. I may be a good bit deaf, but I did pick up reading lips quite easily.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

yea they can help you get your ase, but their pay sucks,the way they treat the customers and employees sucks. You ever wonder why STS is always hiring, the same with firestone.

Well they are now talking pretty seriously about not hooking up the tire balancer in my bay. which makes my work more difficult.plus the normal bs. plus I overheard (actually read his lips) john talking about adding another bay and door in my area and NOT getting a permit. I may be a good bit deaf, but I did pick up reading lips quite easily.
    Well, I have an interview on Wednesday. A buddy from Sears is a manager for them, and he has been asking about me to a friend of his who I work with now. I REALLY don't want to be a salesman. It's not my scene. I miss turning wrenches something fierce. And I don't miss working for Bergen Tire. I don't see anything else happening right now.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Well, I have an interview on Wednesday. A buddy from Sears is a manager for them, and he has been asking about me to a friend of his who I work with now. I REALLY don't want to be a salesman. It's not my scene. I miss turning wrenches something fierce. And I don't miss working for Bergen Tire. I don't see anything else happening right now.
    try other Indipendant dealers. Better yet TTP that would be right up your alley.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

try other Indipendant dealers. Better yet TTP that would be right up your alley.
    Ya know, I have been thinking about that as well. Just keeping my options open. I got two phone calls from different STS shops today. I just wanna find out what their pay rate is.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Ya know, I have been thinking about that as well. Just keeping my options open. I got two phone calls from different STS shops today. I just wanna find out what their pay rate is.
    I will let you know tomorrow,as I said my neighbor works there,and looking for another job as well

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I will let you know tomorrow,as I said my neighbor works there,and looking for another job as well
    Well, here's the thing. I am not married/dating nor do I have kids. I will most likely be taxed outta my @$$, but at least I get a 401k and full benefits. I didn't have that at Bergen Tire. I paid for half of the company-supplied insurance and had to pay out-of-pocket for the AFLAC. Almost $200 outta my check per week.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

just remember when you fill out your tax form claim 0 and when you file taxes claim what you can. Also you can use your medicle bills including insurance in nj as a write off,only if it hits a certain percent though. I wish the wife and I knew that when we first had our son,we would have been sitting in a better spot than we are ATM

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

just remember when you fill out your tax form claim 0 and when you file taxes claim what you can. Also you can use your medicle bills including insurance in nj as a write off,only if it hits a certain percent though. I wish the wife and I knew that when we first had our son,we would have been sitting in a better spot than we are ATM
    OH SH1T!! I claimed myself on the paperwork for the job I am at now, as the instructions clearly stated "claim 1 for yourself".

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

well that shouldn't hurt to much since you haven't been there long

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

well that shouldn't hurt to much since you haven't been there long
    Yah. I am bored to hell. No air tool sounds, no lifts, no tire machines, no cars to work on...NOTHING!!! There are three other new hires other than myself and some of us don't plan on staying. We were not told there was a night shift, we were not told our commissions were based on the items we sold, and after hearing the owner tell us if we were happy making $50k/yr he would fire us, I made it up in my mind I would rather turn wrenches for the rest of my life than get an ulcer from failing sales. I would be happy making $40k/yr to be honest. We were all like

...and to add the fact that the general manager was pissed because of the past accidents which were not my fault and him forgetting that he told me to quit Bergen Tire A.S.A.P. and really pissed me off.
    Last edited by cammed goat; 11-02-2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: typing while P.O.ed

Page 14 of 159 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171834445464114 ... LastLast

Thread Information