*** The TRAIN! ***

This is a discussion on *** The TRAIN! *** within the AAG Archives forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; ive noticed with the LS7 clutch the engagement is alot easier......

  1. #7141
    11.9 at 118 02Ls1Formula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    gainesville, ga
    Age
    33
    Posts
    491

    SOM
    2002 firebird formula

    ive noticed with the LS7 clutch the engagement is alot easier...

  2. #7142
    Senior Member cam02ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Purcellville, VA
    Posts
    2,139
    sup guys...rich, sorry about the earlier post

  3. #7143
    BAHHBYE Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,862

    06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

    Quote Originally Posted by 02Ls1Formula View Post
    ive noticed with the LS7 clutch the engagement is alot easier...
    Yea thats the clutch im geting when this one goes out....hope it holds for a while though. I dont want to take any money out of my "2 Snails" fund

  4. #7144
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    SPEC 4 in mine.

    Toasted a SPEC 5 in 5,000 miles....my fault though.



    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Goat View Post
    Yea thats the clutch im geting when this one goes out....hope it holds for a while though. I dont want to take any money out of my "2 Snails" fund
    1 snail > 2 snails

  5. #7145
    Senior Member cam02ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Purcellville, VA
    Posts
    2,139
    i had a SPEC 3 in mine for a couple years...didnt even last through the break in period with the 408. had a textralia exo skel twin disk in for a couple weeks before i switched to the TH400

  6. #7146
    Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

    Ed Blown Vert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    San Diego, Ca
    Posts
    50,959

    Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383, ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

    666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

    Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD



  7. #7147
    11.9 at 118 02Ls1Formula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    gainesville, ga
    Age
    33
    Posts
    491

    SOM
    2002 firebird formula

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Goat View Post
    Yea thats the clutch im geting when this one goes out....hope it holds for a while though. I dont want to take any money out of my "2 Snails" fund
    cool man, ill hit you up with a link for one at a great price whenever youre ready

  8. #7148
    BAHHBYE Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,862

    06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    SPEC 4 in mine.

    Toasted a SPEC 5 in 5,000 miles....my fault though.




    1 snail > 2 snails
    i know but i cant find a kit at all. And i dont want to peice it together baecause ill have to get a custon manifold and all that crap. Ill make between 600 and 700WHP depending on my boost and fuel settings. Thats good enough for me. But im upgrading to DBB turbos so itll spool faster(like my Srt-4 did)

  9. #7149
    BAHHBYE Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,862

    06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

    Quote Originally Posted by 02Ls1Formula View Post
    cool man, ill hit you up with a link for one at a great price whenever youre ready
    Sweet!

  10. #7150
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Goat View Post
    i know but i cant find a kit at all. And i dont want to peice it together baecause ill have to get a custon manifold and all that crap. Ill make between 600 and 700WHP depending on my boost and fuel settings. Thats good enough for me. But im upgrading to DBB turbos so itll spool faster(like my Srt-4 did)
    Damn.

    Looks like STS or APS.
    STS = no go
    APS = twins

    Weird.

  11. #7151
    BAHHBYE Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,862

    06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Damn.

    Looks like STS or APS.
    STS = no go
    APS = twins

    Weird.
    Yea STS makes one but im real fond of the rear mounting(cept on my girl..lol)

  12. #7152
    15sec stalled A4 TransAmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lake in the Hills
    Age
    35
    Posts
    729

    Shhh! There's a
    hooker in the trunk

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post

  13. #7153
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Goat View Post
    Yea STS makes one but im real fond of the rear mounting(cept on my girl..lol)
    Agreed.

    They work, but the car has to be set-up around the turbo....rather than everything working together.

  14. #7154
    BAHHBYE Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,862

    06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Agreed.

    They work, but the car has to be set-up around the turbo....rather than everything working together.
    plus they are a PITA to keep clean!

  15. #7155
    11.9 at 118 02Ls1Formula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    gainesville, ga
    Age
    33
    Posts
    491

    SOM
    2002 firebird formula

    im not very fond of the rear mounted turbos, or turbos in general, i like my exhaust too much

  16. #7156
    Member banditgirl78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Morehead, KY
    Posts
    460

    Solar Gold
    78 T/A


  17. #7157
    BAHHBYE Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,862

    06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

    Quote Originally Posted by 02Ls1Formula View Post
    im not very fond of the rear mounted turbos, or turbos in general, i like my exhaust too much
    i like my stepdads setup...he has the wastegate going back in his exhaust. o all you here in the turbo whine when he gets on it. And it sounds stock when hes not in boost

  18. #7158
    BAHHBYE Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,862

    06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

    Quote Originally Posted by banditgirl78 View Post
    Howdy

  19. #7159
    11.9 at 118 02Ls1Formula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    gainesville, ga
    Age
    33
    Posts
    491

    SOM
    2002 firebird formula

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Goat View Post
    i like my stepdads setup...he has the wastegate going back in his exhaust. o all you here in the turbo whine when he gets on it. And it sounds stock when hes not in boost
    nice, thats on the 05 stang right? you know what kinda numbers hes got?

  20. #7160
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    New Sig!!!!!
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

    1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Page 358 of 504 FirstFirst ... 858108158208258308318328338354355356357358359360361362378388398408458 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ftw train
    By 402 Guru in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 11:50 AM
  2. Baby run over by train...
    By Firebug in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 07:53 PM
  3. The Flame Train
    By Speedy_Gonzales in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 347
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 09:41 PM
  4. Got on the PC train...
    By 99'CajunFirehawk157 in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 02:01 PM
  5. TX mini TRAIN
    By djvaly in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 7095
    Last Post: 01-31-2008, 11:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •