Page 20 of 504 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232440506070120170220270320370420470 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 10064

*** The TRAIN! ***

This is a discussion on *** The TRAIN! *** within the AAG Archives forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Originally Posted by shady milkman i really dont know. my panels arent cracked yet. did you have your sfcs welded ...

  1. #381
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i really dont know. my panels arent cracked yet. did you have your sfcs welded or bolted
    I have the UMI 3 point bolt-in subframe connectors. I installed them in about 2 hours using a chassis lift to make it easier. Then the next day I used a car lift to re-torque them with the suspension loaded on the wheels I plan to weld them when I get the time.

    BELEIVE ME, you do not not need to get weld-ins! Your car will feel so tight that you will forget that they are bolt-ins! Later down the road, I will weld mine, but it is not mandatory.

  2. #382
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    31
    Posts
    11,773

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    I have the UMI 3 point bolt-in subframe connectors. I installed them in about 2 hours using a chassis lift to make it easier. Then the next day I used a car lift to re-torque them with the suspension loaded on the wheels I plan to weld them when I get the time.

    BELEIVE ME, you do not not need to get weld-ins! Your car will feel so tight that you will forget that they are bolt-ins! Later down the road, I will weld mine, but it is not mandatory.
    i'm just not a fan of the bolt holes getting stretched ect.

  3. #383
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i'm just not a fan of the bolt holes getting stretched ect.
    Well, think about this. If you get weld-ins, you have to pay someone to install them and weld them. ALOT MORE MONEY!

    If you get the bolt-ins, you can install them and then pay someone to weld them. ALOT CHEAPER!

  4. #384
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    I don't mean to be bossy, I am just trying to help you save money.

  5. #385
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    31
    Posts
    11,773

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    I don't mean to be bossy, I am just trying to help you save money.
    its all good. i know a guy that owns a body shop so it should be alright...i have relocation brackets for the lcas too i need welded

  6. #386
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    its all good. i know a guy that owns a body shop so it should be alright...i have relocation brackets for the lcas too i need welded
    I want to get the relo. brackets too. She bits good now, but it good be better!

  7. #387
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    31
    Posts
    11,773

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    I want to get the relo. brackets too. She bits good now, but it good be better!
    yea..your lowered arent you? well i am g2g to bed..later man. did you do the panel fix for the panels before you put them on?? i would suggest you do that VERY SOON. i am tomorrow

  8. #388
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    yea..your lowered arent you? well i am g2g to bed..later man. did you do the panel fix for the panels before you put them on?? i would suggest you do that VERY SOON. i am tomorrow
    I have not got them on yet. I am painting them gray and putting in a leather insert. I have the old door of my totaled Camaro so that I can see what I need to do to fab. the door for the T/A door panels

  9. #389
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Later jordan

  10. #390
    down in it 310stanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    nj
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,976

    white
    90 Mustang 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Well, think about this. If you get weld-ins, you have to pay someone to install them and weld them. ALOT MORE MONEY!

    If you get the bolt-ins, you can install them and then pay someone to weld them. ALOT CHEAPER!
    getting them welded isn't that much more man.

  11. #391
    down in it 310stanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    nj
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,976

    white
    90 Mustang 5.0

    i advocate welded subframe connectors for any car personally. the load you put on the connectors puts stress on those bolt holes, welding them makes sure that theres no movement.

  12. #392
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    getting them welded isn't that much more man.
    Money is money. Installing them is one less thing you have to pay for. I wanted to install them to make sure it was done right. If I paid a shop to do it and they ran into complications, like I did, that would have been more money out of my pocket. I am a do-it yourselfer and it is easy enough for antone to do.

    F-Body subframe connectors are not like what you would find on a Fox body. They do not use the same ways of mounting which is why you don't hear of F-Bodys longating the holes do to bolt-ins.

  13. #393
    down in it 310stanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    nj
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,976

    white
    90 Mustang 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Money is money. Installing them is one less thing you have to pay for. I wanted to install them to make sure it was done right. If I paid a shop to do it and they ran into complications, like I did, that would have been more money out of my pocket. I am a do-it yourselfer and it is easy enough for antone to do.

    F-Body subframe connectors are not like what you would find on a Fox body. They do not use the same ways of mounting which is why you don't hear of F-Bodys longating the holes do to bolt-ins.
    fair enough, and i agree. money is money.

    bolt on sfcs are unheard of with fox's which would explain my not knowing its not a problem on a fbody, i was jus thinking on the pure physics end of it as the connectors when they are installed correctly take on a pretty hefty load.

  14. #394
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    fair enough, and i agree. money is money.

    bolt on sfcs are unheard of with fox's which would explain my not knowing its not a problem on a fbody, i was jus thinking on the pure physics end of it as the connectors when they are installed correctly take on a pretty hefty load.
    Are you saying that Fox's don't have the option of bolt-ins?

  15. #395
    down in it 310stanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    nj
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,976

    white
    90 Mustang 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Are you saying that Fox's don't have the option of bolt-ins?
    that i know of? no. the only bolt ons i've seen were the ones that ford installed as factory on convertible cars. they are junk and basically dont do shit. i have the kenny brown sfcs and they are beautiful pieces. weld ins. makes the car feel completely different.

  16. #396
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    that i know of? no. the only bolt ons i've seen were the ones that ford installed as factory on convertible cars. they are junk and basically dont do shit. i have the kenny brown sfcs and they are beautiful pieces. weld ins. makes the car feel completely different.
    My buddy has got bolt-ins on his 89. They elongated real bad.

  17. #397
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(



  18. #398
    Peckerhead Knighthawk LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Loveland, CO
    Posts
    2,509

    Black
    1999 Trans am

    Drunken Post!!!!!

  19. #399
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Who's doin what for the SUPERBOWL!?

  20. #400
    El Toro Grande jaslivers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ponca City,ok
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,669

    1958 chevy pickup 283
    02 gmc z71 5.3L white

    hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 20 of 504 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232440506070120170220270320370420470 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ftw train
    By 402 Guru in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 11:50 AM
  2. Baby run over by train...
    By Firebug in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 07:53 PM
  3. The Flame Train
    By Speedy_Gonzales in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 347
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 09:41 PM
  4. Got on the PC train...
    By 99'CajunFirehawk157 in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 02:01 PM
  5. TX mini TRAIN
    By djvaly in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 7095
    Last Post: 01-31-2008, 11:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •