Page 14 of 123 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171834445464114 ... LastLast

***The May-be-good Train***

This is a discussion on ***The May-be-good Train*** within the AAG Archives forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; OK. So the sun is playin "peek-a-boo" now. Jeeesh!!...

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

OK. So the sun is playin "peek-a-boo" now. Jeeesh!!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    OK. So the sun is playin "peek-a-boo" now. Jeeesh!!
    i went out to roll up my windows cause a black as death cloud was on it's way... as soon as i had them up it was over me... the wind almost knocked my ass over... hear all kinds of fire whistles going off... must be a tornado somewhere...

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    i went out to roll up my windows cause a black as death cloud was on it's way... as soon as i had them up it was over me... the wind almost knocked my ass over... hear all kinds of fire whistles going off... must be a tornado somewhere...

Naw, it was just a VTEC Mega-Turbo spooling up.

2011 Prius

Sorry, I have gas...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    Naw, it was just a VTEC Mega-Turbo spooling up.
    vtec kicked in yo!!!

NASCAR Go Fast, Turn Left ntimid8r's Avatar

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Howdy brother! Yeah, I procrastinated and didn't replace the fronts yet. I guess that's why the straight-line feel seems so good to me. It really squatted down and hooked, but then again, it was very limited experience. I took a curve that I have hung at 85 with the back shocks set on 5 until yesterday, but at 3, it felt like the weight transfer to the front was not as good...even at 75. It reminded me of old Crown Vics back in the late 80's. We used to intentionally let the rear slide out to compensate for the understeer.

I've got the mindset to really set up the suspension on my car. I think there is potential in the platform that isn't usually tapped. I've went back and forth with what engine to replace the LS1 with, but I keep coming back to a new LS6. With all the regular mods, LT's, gutted cats (yeah, I said it), and maybe a cam (plus a good tune), that should be all the engine I need as long as I can stick the power to the road. I'm now inclined to make the drivetrain and suspension put that HP to use as best as it can.
    If you're gonna put some real suspension on it....definitely go with coil overs and dual adjustable shocks. Another thought would be air-ride technologies too as their shocks are dual adjustable (I think).

Are you really thinking about throwing all that into your Camaro?? I know how you wanted to keep it more or less stock. If you rebuild your LS1 and modify the oil galleys, it's basically the same as an LS6 block at that point. You can go 6.0 or bigger for cubes, but that'll add more weight versus LS1/LS6. If you want a road handler, I'd stick to a lighter weight motor combo. A 6.0 can get alot more power than a basic LS1/LS6. If you don't want any forced induction or nitrous...no need to forge the bottom end. So basically you can machine your short block then get some good AFR heads, FAST intake and long tubes. Cam....well that you should figure out what rpm range you want to run in.

Just food for thought on all that though.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

no... just compression... i did have my rears at 8 but was spinning tire in 3rd gear... that is scary when you're doing 60mph...
    I can imagine setting the rear very stiff will make traction hard to come by.

But I know what you mean about having the rear tires break loose at a high speed....my Camaro does that when I floor it while on a freeway doing about 70mph.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    If you're gonna put some real suspension on it....definitely go with coil overs and dual adjustable shocks. Another thought would be air-ride technologies too as their shocks are dual adjustable (I think).

Are you really thinking about throwing all that into your Camaro?? I know how you wanted to keep it more or less stock. If you rebuild your LS1 and modify the oil galleys, it's basically the same as an LS6 block at that point. You can go 6.0 or bigger for cubes, but that'll add more weight versus LS1/LS6. If you want a road handler, I'd stick to a lighter weight motor combo. A 6.0 can get alot more power than a basic LS1/LS6. If you don't want any forced induction or nitrous...no need to forge the bottom end. So basically you can machine your short block then get some good AFR heads, FAST intake and long tubes. Cam....well that you should figure out what rpm range you want to run in.

Just food for thought on all that though.
    Wow, lots of food for thought; a veritable feast! More correctly, I want my Camaro to "look" stock. I feel a mid-11's car is do-able while maintaining a very stockish appearance, but since track time won't be very significant for me, it's better to have it set up to handle well. If I still have this car when I retire (2.5 years) I plan on putting as much as $14K in it. Kinda hard to explain, but that money will be available for it and I would rather make this car special than buy another type.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

It stormed here for like 10 mins. And there are landscapers a few houses down from me. Upon hearing the rain hit my awning, the mowers stopped.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Wow, lots of food for thought; a veritable feast! More correctly, I want my Camaro to "look" stock. I feel a mid-11's car is do-able while maintaining a very stockish appearance, but since track time won't be very significant for me, it's better to have it set up to handle well. If I still have this car when I retire (2.5 years) I plan on putting as much as $14K in it. Kinda hard to explain, but that money will be available for it and I would rather make this car special than buy another type.
    Maybe you should buy my car as I'm looking to sell it now. I don't get the time to do anything with it anymore. I think I've driven it twice this year and maybe 4 or 5 times in the last year.

More food for thought.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

It stormed here for like 10 mins. And there are landscapers a few houses down from me. Upon hearing the rain hit my awning, the mowers stopped.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

shit on us for half an hour or so and its beautiful out now.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Ground is dryin up here too.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

+1 agree

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

kinda pumped right now, YearOne just picked up a slew of LSx emblems from us

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Congrats

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    kinda pumped right now, YearOne just picked up a slew of LSx emblems from us
    Congrats Jay!!!

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    I only have two jacks that fit under my car... one is the OEM spare jack and the other is a 100+ lb American Forge and Foundry slim jack. no way am I stuffing it in the car lol.
    Walmart has jacks that will slip under fine for cheap. Our formula was on worn out pro kit springs when we got it, lower than your car, and the Wally world low pro jack worked. As far as the rear of your car kicking, if one knob adjusts compression AND rebound, when you soften to get quicker compression you will also have too little rebound dampening, causing your kicking.
    Edit: oops, someone elses' car was the one "kicking". Your wheel hop on rough surfaces just sounds like a typical live axle to me
    Last edited by wheeliE-maxx; 05-03-2010 at 12:22 PM.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Early day - too nice to work. Time to paint my brake calipers.

Page 14 of 123 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171834445464114 ... LastLast

Thread Information