Page 115 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1565758595111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2557

*** March Mischief Train... ***

This is a discussion on *** March Mischief Train... *** within the AAG Archives forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Had to give my mother a ride out to virginia earlier today and in order to get to the little ...

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Had to give my mother a ride out to virginia earlier today and in order to get to the little shopping outlet she wanted to go to we had to get on a series of winding back road, after about 25 min. of being on the back roads we ended up behind a navy blue LS1 Camaro SS (probably bolt on's + cam by the way it sounded), and a redfire 99-04 GT (probably just had bolt on's) just like I want, the sound of those cars accelerating out of the turns was incredible, so loud and throaty, was awesome as hell.

Nothing like the sound of a muscle car, i tell ya, hearing them through computer speakers is one thing, but hearing them in person is a totally different experience. It's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Main reason I sold our bike -- too many asshats on cell phones and our area is swamped with trucks right now due to all the gas drilling. We've had 3-4 accidents involving these trucks just in the past several weeks.
    we are looking into drilling at our camp in the mountains. we have about 240 acres of ground to lease to the gas company.

They already paid us 15k just to come on our ground to test for drilling. One of the main gas lines runs down our meadow, so it will be easy for them to pump it out. We heard we could get over 5000 dollars per acre. 5000x240= fast car. lol

Impounded
    gmcheviac

I need an xr1200 been a while since I looked at hd's and that model wasn't out so I had no interest. Though apparently you can get an insane deal on a vrod...

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Question guys, this is another one of my random questions that isn't really worth making a thread about.

Just a quick noob question, what would be the benefits, if any, of upgrading to an aftermarket shock absorber? I tried to google it but I just didn't get a very clear answer. I have the stock blisten shocks on my truck btw. I've always wondered the benefits of an aftermarket shock absorber.

I would post this question on the Z71 or one of the chevy 4x4 sites i go on since i'm reffering to my truck, but those sites are full of meatheads who are so unresponsive/hostile towards noobs such as myself, most of the time it's just not worth asking on there, but since I believe there are a few guys on here that know this kind of stuff, and I know you guys are usually pretty cool, i figured i'd just ask here real quick to see if anyone is willing to explain this for me.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    Question guys, this is another one of my random questions that isn't really worth making a thread about.

Just a quick noob question, what would be the benefits, if any, of upgrading to an aftermarket shock absorber? I tried to google it but I just didn't get a very clear answer. I have the stock blisten shocks on my truck btw. I've always wondered the benefits of an aftermarket shock absorber.

I would post this question on the Z71 or one of the chevy 4x4 sites i go on since i'm reffering to my truck, but those sites are full of meatheads who are so unresponsive/hostile towards noobs such as myself, most of the time it's just not worth asking on there, but since I believe there are a few guys on here that know this kind of stuff, and I know you guys are usually pretty cool, i figured i'd just ask here real quick to see if anyone is willing to explain this for me.
    I don't know much about cars barring what I've done on my own, but from playing gran turismo 3 and from drooling over ricer magazines when I was 13 years old, I would say that an aftermarket shock absorber would be lighter, stronger, and have the ability and ease of adjusting the stiffness, etc in whole or to a much greater extent when compared with the stock component.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Standard shocks are generally crap, your bilsteins should be great

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    They already paid us 15k just to come on our ground to test for drilling. One of the main gas lines runs down our meadow, so it will be easy for them to pump it out. We heard we could get over 5000 dollars per acre. 5000x240= fast car. lol

It's a boom around our area right now. Leases here are running $1,500/acre, but over in Bradford County they have shot up over $5,000/acre. We leased our 13 acres at $2,500/acre in late 2008. With that much land, make sure you get a Pugh Clause in the lease and have someone look it over as there are some other things you will want changed.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

So we end up with about 13 kids at our house this afternoon and half as many parents for the 4-H meeting. They have the meeting part and then come out to the garage to do their projects. I demo coloring the wood plaques with a propane torch and attaching the rope with an air nailer. They all get started and about 30 minutes into it the power goes out.

Thank goodness it was still daylight out and I have an 80 gallon compressor. They were able to work for another hour and completed all the name plaques. Some of them came out really nice and it looked like everyone had a good time. The funny part: Our neighbor hosted last month's meeting and about an hour into that one the power also went out.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Nice. No rain today? Rained here most of the day... = worthless day.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Nice. No rain today? Rained here most of the day... = worthless day.

I parked the Bird outside during the meeting to keep it safe. Of course it rained!

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I parked the Bird outside during the meeting to keep it safe. Of course it rained!
    All you had to say was you parked it outside. Thanks for making it rain Jeff!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

My weekend starts now.

70's for the next 3 days as well. Plus a date.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

What grade is she in?

It's a boom around our area right now. Leases here are running $1,500/acre, but over in Bradford County they have shot up over $5,000/acre. We leased our 13 acres at $2,500/acre in late 2008. With that much land, make sure you get a Pugh Clause in the lease and have someone look it over as there are some other things you will want changed.
    Do you know any good lawyers up north?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

What grade is she in?
    My date?

7th.

Oh...and...
    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Dammit!!! Nascar is rained out today.
    Why can't they run in the rain???

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    Do you know any good lawyers up north?
    Not a one.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Went out for a nice drive through some towns including my old neighborhood. Was relaxing without any traffic although it was weird seeing my old hometown busy on a Sunday night.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Went out for a nice drive through some towns including my old neighborhood. Was relaxing without any traffic although it was weird seeing my old hometown busy on a Sunday night.
    What is the hometown?

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

What is the hometown?
    Ridgewood, NJ. Northern Bergen County. About 20 mins from NYC. Nice, small, quiet town.

Page 115 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1565758595111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast

Thread Information