Page 115 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1565758595111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2557

*** March Mischief Train... ***

This is a discussion on *** March Mischief Train... *** within the AAG Archives forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Had to give my mother a ride out to virginia earlier today and in order to get to the little ...

  1. #2281
    Senior Member Transamws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    DMV
    Posts
    1,036

    NBM
    '00 A4 SS

    Had to give my mother a ride out to virginia earlier today and in order to get to the little shopping outlet she wanted to go to we had to get on a series of winding back road, after about 25 min. of being on the back roads we ended up behind a navy blue LS1 Camaro SS (probably bolt on's + cam by the way it sounded), and a redfire 99-04 GT (probably just had bolt on's) just like I want, the sound of those cars accelerating out of the turns was incredible, so loud and throaty, was awesome as hell.

    Nothing like the sound of a muscle car, i tell ya, hearing them through computer speakers is one thing, but hearing them in person is a totally different experience. It's awesome.

  2. #2282
    Senior Member Nhra Firebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    southern pa
    Posts
    3,517
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Main reason I sold our bike -- too many asshats on cell phones and our area is swamped with trucks right now due to all the gas drilling. We've had 3-4 accidents involving these trucks just in the past several weeks.
    we are looking into drilling at our camp in the mountains. we have about 240 acres of ground to lease to the gas company.

  3. #2283
    Senior Member Nhra Firebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    southern pa
    Posts
    3,517
    They already paid us 15k just to come on our ground to test for drilling. One of the main gas lines runs down our meadow, so it will be easy for them to pump it out. We heard we could get over 5000 dollars per acre. 5000x240= fast car. lol

  4. #2284
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    park bench
    Posts
    1,399
    gmcheviac

    I need an xr1200 been a while since I looked at hd's and that model wasn't out so I had no interest. Though apparently you can get an insane deal on a vrod...

  5. #2285
    Senior Member Transamws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    DMV
    Posts
    1,036

    NBM
    '00 A4 SS

    Question guys, this is another one of my random questions that isn't really worth making a thread about.

    Just a quick noob question, what would be the benefits, if any, of upgrading to an aftermarket shock absorber? I tried to google it but I just didn't get a very clear answer. I have the stock blisten shocks on my truck btw. I've always wondered the benefits of an aftermarket shock absorber.

    I would post this question on the Z71 or one of the chevy 4x4 sites i go on since i'm reffering to my truck, but those sites are full of meatheads who are so unresponsive/hostile towards noobs such as myself, most of the time it's just not worth asking on there, but since I believe there are a few guys on here that know this kind of stuff, and I know you guys are usually pretty cool, i figured i'd just ask here real quick to see if anyone is willing to explain this for me.

  6. #2286
    Impounded 86 IROC-Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    .
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,760

    Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

    Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    Question guys, this is another one of my random questions that isn't really worth making a thread about.

    Just a quick noob question, what would be the benefits, if any, of upgrading to an aftermarket shock absorber? I tried to google it but I just didn't get a very clear answer. I have the stock blisten shocks on my truck btw. I've always wondered the benefits of an aftermarket shock absorber.

    I would post this question on the Z71 or one of the chevy 4x4 sites i go on since i'm reffering to my truck, but those sites are full of meatheads who are so unresponsive/hostile towards noobs such as myself, most of the time it's just not worth asking on there, but since I believe there are a few guys on here that know this kind of stuff, and I know you guys are usually pretty cool, i figured i'd just ask here real quick to see if anyone is willing to explain this for me.
    I don't know much about cars barring what I've done on my own, but from playing gran turismo 3 and from drooling over ricer magazines when I was 13 years old, I would say that an aftermarket shock absorber would be lighter, stronger, and have the ability and ease of adjusting the stiffness, etc in whole or to a much greater extent when compared with the stock component.

  7. #2287
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    park bench
    Posts
    1,399
    gmcheviac

    Standard shocks are generally crap, your bilsteins should be great

  8. #2288
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    22,025

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    They already paid us 15k just to come on our ground to test for drilling. One of the main gas lines runs down our meadow, so it will be easy for them to pump it out. We heard we could get over 5000 dollars per acre. 5000x240= fast car. lol

    It's a boom around our area right now. Leases here are running $1,500/acre, but over in Bradford County they have shot up over $5,000/acre. We leased our 13 acres at $2,500/acre in late 2008. With that much land, make sure you get a Pugh Clause in the lease and have someone look it over as there are some other things you will want changed.

  9. #2289
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    22,025

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    So we end up with about 13 kids at our house this afternoon and half as many parents for the 4-H meeting. They have the meeting part and then come out to the garage to do their projects. I demo coloring the wood plaques with a propane torch and attaching the rope with an air nailer. They all get started and about 30 minutes into it the power goes out.

    Thank goodness it was still daylight out and I have an 80 gallon compressor. They were able to work for another hour and completed all the name plaques. Some of them came out really nice and it looked like everyone had a good time. The funny part: Our neighbor hosted last month's meeting and about an hour into that one the power also went out.

  10. #2290
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,827

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    Nice. No rain today? Rained here most of the day... = worthless day.

  11. #2291
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    22,025

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Nice. No rain today? Rained here most of the day... = worthless day.

    I parked the Bird outside during the meeting to keep it safe. Of course it rained!

  12. #2292
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,827

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I parked the Bird outside during the meeting to keep it safe. Of course it rained!
    All you had to say was you parked it outside. Thanks for making it rain Jeff!

  13. #2293
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    My weekend starts now.

    70's for the next 3 days as well. Plus a date.

  14. #2294
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    22,025

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    What grade is she in?

  15. #2295
    Senior Member Nhra Firebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    southern pa
    Posts
    3,517
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    It's a boom around our area right now. Leases here are running $1,500/acre, but over in Bradford County they have shot up over $5,000/acre. We leased our 13 acres at $2,500/acre in late 2008. With that much land, make sure you get a Pugh Clause in the lease and have someone look it over as there are some other things you will want changed.
    Do you know any good lawyers up north?

  16. #2296
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    What grade is she in?
    My date?


























    7th.

    Oh...and...
    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Dammit!!! Nascar is rained out today.
    Why can't they run in the rain???

  17. #2297
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    22,025

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    Do you know any good lawyers up north?
    Not a one.

  18. #2298
    10 Years Strong cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    11,489

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    Went out for a nice drive through some towns including my old neighborhood. Was relaxing without any traffic although it was weird seeing my old hometown busy on a Sunday night.

  19. #2299
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    22,025

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Went out for a nice drive through some towns including my old neighborhood. Was relaxing without any traffic although it was weird seeing my old hometown busy on a Sunday night.
    What is the hometown?

  20. #2300
    10 Years Strong cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    11,489

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    What is the hometown?
    Ridgewood, NJ. Northern Bergen County. About 20 mins from NYC. Nice, small, quiet town.

Page 115 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1565758595111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *** Spring Is Near March TRAIN ***
    By GTP231 in forum AAG Archives
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 03-31-2017, 06:39 AM
  2. *****March Madness Train*****
    By 67CamaroRSSS in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 184
    Last Post: 03-31-2016, 07:06 PM
  3. ***March Texas Mini-train***
    By ntimid8r in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 874
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 05:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •