Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

*** The Hot August Nights TRAIN ***

To get things rolling, it has actually been cooler than expected this time of year around here. Some days are just down right comfortable. Still getting way too much rain though. Looks like this week's cruise in is going to be another washout. One of these days, I will drive the Trans Am again...

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Looking like Spring down here instead of August as well. Cooler temperatures and some spotty showers. Very unnatural for this time of year. Usually we're on our 3rd or 4th week on the surface of the sun by now.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

A week of high 90's here....

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

80 here. About perfect. Too bad Camaro is still on jackstands...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Been 80s last several days. Shame I'm at work
    Had rain at least once a week so far and the corn and soybeans even in the non irrigated fields are looking good
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My brain must be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Says the king of mockery and shit talking

Navy Blue Metallic

Mine is doing the same thing.

I thoroughly broke the transmission. Went to replace the rear seal, couldn't get the yoke off. Tried everything, heat, hammer, come along, etc. Ended up having to surgically cutting it off, removed the tail cone and out falls what looks like pieces of either syncros or maybe a bearing or two and also the remains of a lock ring.

Lucky no gear teeth damage I can see.

What pisses me off is it only has less than 10,000 miles on it. I had it rebuilt with stg 2 parts when I was doing the engine rebuild and while on 1st dyno session it broke the 4th gear locker ring. Had that fixed and everything was fine for about 7000 miles. Then it started having what I thought were syncro issues again. Not too bad just started missing 2nd-3rd gear shifts at the track. Then after I got the new beefed up drive shaft that's when it really went down hill. The damn rear seal started dumping fluid on me followed by now 3-4 & 4-5 gear shifting problems. I then lost reverse which looks like the solenoid died, I replaced it and was able to shift again. But while I was under I was trying to replace that damn seal. Looking back now I think the fluid got low enough that it's the cause of all the other issues or at least the most likely culprit.

So I'm back to this again...

Go for more power they said, it will be fun they said.....You'll find your weak link........

98 Formula
    06 duramax

so far I've been lucky with the car not giving me any shit but when it gets driven 200 miles a year there's not a ton of opportunity for it to break. Our time is going to be taken up with Zach's dirt bike in the next week or so. It needs a new clutch and fork seals. I ordered all that shit plus a haynes manual for him. He's 14 so it's time he started learning to fix things himself. I'm going to do my best to stay out of it and let him make his mistakes until he gets it apart and back together running. I doubt I'll be able to do that but that's the plan. I remember as a kid those haynes manuals being a massive help when working on my car. We didn't have the internet back then to fall back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Navy Blue Metallic

Doing the same thing with my daughter (Hell I've done it to all my kids I raised). She's a year out from a learners permit (they can get on 15th b-day here) so I told her the Grand Prix will be hers, so she's gotta start helping on working on it. The basics and sometimes even the hard stuff, hey her small hands are handy sometimes. Told her if she doesn't want it, find a way to raise her own money to get a car she wants until then if you plan to drive it, you work on it. Free is never free....

She's down 2 brake pad changes and on the last one both rear calibers. She's been volunteering on helping with the Bird too. She helped me dropped the transmission last Saturday.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I had to buy my own first car and work on it too

98 Formula
    06 duramax

same here....75 cutlass I bought for $1200 of my own money. That car was easy to work on though and that olds 350 in 75 didn't make enough horsepower to hurt itself or any driveline stuff so it ran forever. When I got rid of that car it had 180k miles on it and still ran great.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Scott: With the amount of carnage you are experiencing lately, I think I may have to use my Mod powers to change your site name to... Spaz.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

My first car was a 79 Malibu that I bought in 2003 or 2004... can't remember. I swapped out the motor(to a 355) and trans(to a upgraded turbo 350) and many other items in the 2 years I owned it... mostly off of a cart pusher's salary at a local grocery store. We did have the internet when I was 16/17 doing this... but no smart phones and I didn't have a lap top. So I used the desk top and printed as much info as I could but almost always would end up running inside the house to do more research via the intertron.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Scott: With the amount of carnage you are experiencing lately, I think I may have to use my Mod powers to change your site name to... Spaz.

:thumbsup:
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

My first car was at the time a 10 year old 93 sentra that had been sitting in my brothers back yard for several years. He gave it to me but i had to pay to get it running again.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Ray Charles blue

Been 90shere. I walk at least a mile outside about noon or so in a long sleeve shirt. Not a big deal anymore.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I would melt.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Been 90shere. I walk at least a mile outside about noon or so in a long sleeve shirt. Not a big deal anymore.
    But you wear a sweater and parka when it's 65.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    WTF is wrong with you

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

*** The Hot August Nights TRAIN ***

few mixed up chromosomes in that one....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Got the bow out with Zach yesterday and let him shoot. He's getting closer. He's drawing about 30 lbs now. He could probably draw 5 more but don't want to just push him to the edge. Week or two at 30 and I'll bump him up. 40 is state minimum so he'll be close this year I think. Now just have to get over his fear of being up high in a stand.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information