Page 101 of 145 FirstFirst ... 51617181979899100101102103104105121131141 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2884

*** February TRAIN ***

This is a discussion on *** February TRAIN *** within the AAG Archives forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; They don't do salt pills or stuff like that here anymore but me might have gotten water once an hour ...

  1. #2001
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    park bench
    Posts
    1,399
    gmcheviac

    They don't do salt pills or stuff like that here anymore but me might have gotten water once an hour at best in 100 degree heat. And none of them know shit

  2. #2002
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,185

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    yay for tractor

  3. #2003
    Senior Member Transamws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    DMV
    Posts
    1,036

    NBM
    '00 A4 SS

    Thanks a bunch stanger and Nhra, I really do appreciate your concern.

    One more thing about this, I know you all are getting sick of it, but I heard on the news that his mom said he didn't have any kind of health problems. He never smoked nor was he a drinker, so I don't know the deal with his death, it's very confusing. I'm really guessing he was either worked just way too hard yesterday and severly dehydrated, or just like wheelie said earlier, I mean he could have had some kind of serious health problem but nobody may have known about it, but judging by my knowledge a lot of times you have to go through a physical to play football? I mean if he did indeed have a health issue how did it go undetected?

  4. #2004
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,185

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    Lots of stuff goes undetected man. I had/have a kidney disease, born with it, for 14 years or so before I found out. I was 24 before having heart surgery to fix something I was born with that didn't act up for that long..

  5. #2005
    Senior Member Nhra Firebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    southern pa
    Posts
    3,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    yay for tractor
    did you get it?

  6. #2006
    Impounded 86 IROC-Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    .
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,760

    Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

    ask questions in the ask questions thread, I'm bored.

  7. #2007
    I like turtles GTP231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Corn and Soybean fields
    Posts
    5,445

    Gray/ White
    10 Impreza 83 Thunderturd

    Oi Bug

  8. #2008
    Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Gadsden, AL
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,470

    Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

    ahh another night in the rubber mill

  9. #2009
    Senior Member Nhra Firebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    southern pa
    Posts
    3,517
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    ask questions in the ask questions thread, I'm bored.
    what should i ask

  10. #2010
    Member cuervo25_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oakland NJ
    Posts
    736

    Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

    Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    condolences.

    I think something needs to be done in terms of regulating high school football coaches in this country. They should be required to pass some sort of a certification along the lines of what a personal trainer or physical therapist does. The training methods and mentalities of these guys is ridiculous and they really have no actual knowledge behind the bullshit they say. You cant run someone all day long in brutal heat and dehydrate them in the name of it being "hardcore". How much is enough? They dont know.

    yea but at the same time 3 laps around a basketball court is nothing. Most likely like someone said an heart problem or something of the likes that was undetected. I have known several cases like that. my best friend being one he played baseball,football,and was in the military for 10 years before they found out he had heart issues. We are just thankful that they caught it before something bad happened. A relative did die playing baseball because of an heart issue, but that was different he knew and he knew the high risk of death, but he loved the game too much.

    If anything they should check into the heart more before clearing them for sports or other rigorous activities. Cannot always blame the coaches.


    So sorry for your loss,you do need to be at the funeral though. It will help you get closure as well as help his family by showing them that he was greatly loved and cared for.

  11. #2011
    Member cuervo25_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oakland NJ
    Posts
    736

    Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

    Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    Thanks a bunch stanger and Nhra, I really do appreciate your concern.

    One more thing about this, I know you all are getting sick of it, but I heard on the news that his mom said he didn't have any kind of health problems. He never smoked nor was he a drinker, so I don't know the deal with his death, it's very confusing. I'm really guessing he was either worked just way too hard yesterday and severly dehydrated, or just like wheelie said earlier, I mean he could have had some kind of serious health problem but nobody may have known about it, but judging by my knowledge a lot of times you have to go through a physical to play football? I mean if he did indeed have a health issue how did it go undetected?
    physicals are good only to a point, most often they don't pick up on heart issues. Like I said on the last post my best friend played sports and joined the military he passed all the physicals and went through all the practices and basic training without an issue. Then for whatever reason and by whatever method the military found out he has an heart issue that no one discovered before. Is it possible that it developed between his physicals? who knows. Is it possible that your friend developed something,or was ill and didn't know,or maybe it was someting else.

  12. #2012
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    park bench
    Posts
    1,399
    gmcheviac

    That's basicaaly what I said. You can have your heart listened to without Bering anythig. One of my cousins had a hole in her heart that was discovered I believe in the prep stage for another surgery. My sis has a heart murmor that a bunch of doctors missed when listening. 3laps around a gym= preexisting condition

  13. #2013
    Senior Member Transamws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    DMV
    Posts
    1,036

    NBM
    '00 A4 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    physicals are good only to a point, most often they don't pick up on heart issues. Like I said on the last post my best friend played sports and joined the military he passed all the physicals and went through all the practices and basic training without an issue. Then for whatever reason and by whatever method the military found out he has an heart issue that no one discovered before. Is it possible that it developed between his physicals? who knows. Is it possible that your friend developed something,or was ill and didn't know,or maybe it was someting else.
    Yea, i don't know man, it's weird, it really is, he may have indeed had a heart condition. Just like you said who knows. Right now i'm just kind of occupying myself with other things to keep my mind off of his death at this point.

    BTW, thanks for your concern also man.

  14. #2014
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,185

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    yeah i got the tractor

  15. #2015
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    22,025

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    I see another avatar change... I think I like the man-titties better.

  16. #2016
    Senior Member Nhra Firebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    southern pa
    Posts
    3,517
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I see another avatar change... I think I like the man-titties better.

  17. #2017
    Impounded 86 IROC-Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    .
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,760

    Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

    wat u fuckas up 2

  18. #2018
    10 Years Strong cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    11,489

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    Doesn't feel like a Friday to me. Maybe cuz I was off yesterday and effed up my schedule?

  19. #2019
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    22,025

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    wat u fuckas up 2
    Had a family party for my step-son this evening -- he turns 21 early next week. Too tired to do much of anything now other than mess around on here.

  20. #2020
    Impounded 86 IROC-Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    .
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,760

    Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Had a family party for my step-son this evening -- he turns 21 early next week. Too tired to do much of anything now other than mess around on here.
    Sounds like a good time.

    I'm drinking/singing/playing guitar

Page 101 of 145 FirstFirst ... 51617181979899100101102103104105121131141 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ****GroundHog Day February Train******
    By kingls1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 177
    Last Post: 03-01-2016, 02:39 AM
  2. Ftw train
    By 402 Guru in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 11:50 AM
  3. ***February Texas Mini-Train***
    By ntimid8r in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 1768
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 09:50 AM
  4. Got on the PC train...
    By 99'CajunFirehawk157 in forum Showcar and Detailing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 02:01 PM
  5. Ls1.com Ski trip February 8-10
    By third_shift|studios in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 09:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •