Page 73 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2333435369707172737475767793 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1894

*** April Fools Train ***

This is a discussion on *** April Fools Train *** within the AAG Archives forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx Naw, quadrajet does pretty good for an old car. Haven't calculated mileage. Might get 13 or ...

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Naw, quadrajet does pretty good for an old car. Haven't calculated mileage. Might get 13 or so around town, running 3k+ on the road it plummets
    Next time you are out in PA, stop by and get the Q-jet in our Vette to idle right, please.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Man, all this truck talk is making me miss my truck, haven't been able to drive it since Friday, and getting on the bus tommorow since my Mom needs her car for work. I LOVED driving her car this weekend though, so much fun for such a big car, that thing spins the tires with ease, and the V12 in that car has an incredible amount of torque, and it has an absolutley mind blowing stereo, sounded like a hatebreed concert in that car earlier today.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

When I first bought my GTO I think I got 9-10 mpg before the tune. Now I think I get 12-14 if I shift at 2k.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    When I first bought my GTO I think I got 9-10 mpg before the tune. Now I think I get 12-14 if I shift at 2k.

I am not one to care about mileage when it comes to cool cars... but holy moly!

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Next time you are out in PA, stop by and get the Q-jet in our Vette to idle right, please.
    Have you messed with the idle screws? I slotted mine and the apt screw when I had it apart to make them screwdriver tuneable. My truck is buttery smooth all throughout the throttle and revs. I recommend the cliff ruggles quadrajet book, you'll "get" how they work after reading it

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Thats what I was thinking! Jesus christ! Only 12-14 shifting at 2k?? I read about LS1 F-body's getting into high teens low 20's cammed all the time.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

What is a heavy ass cammed 346 supposed to get? Ours averages 18-19 total, 22 or so at 70

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    Thats what I was thinking! Jesus christ! Only 12-14 shifting at 2k?? I've read about LS1 F-body's getting into high teens low 20's cammed.

He must have a super aggressive tune or something in there i'm guessing?
    They were rated at 17 in town for an m6 stock bro..

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Have you messed with the idle screws? I slotted mine and the apt screw when I had it apart to make them screwdriver tuneable. My truck is buttery smooth all throughout the throttle and revs. I recommend the cliff ruggles quadrajet book, you'll "get" how they work after reading it

I hook up both a tachometer and vacuum gauge before adjusting the idle mixture screws. I then start with the recommended number of turns out (can't recall at the moment) and begin my adjustments from there. The problem is that the mixture screws really do not seem to do anything. I then tried raising up the thingamajig at the top of the carb (not float level) to get more fuel flowing and that really didn't do much either. After the car has been run the idle still wanders.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Ahhhh, buy the book I told you about. The idle fuel tubes in the smog years were restricted pretty bad so by monkeying with the screws you still couldn't mess up the emissions tune. Opening up the idle screws on a carb like that is like putting a fart cannon on an otherwise stock civic. It will only flow as well as the most restricted point. DON'T tune with float levels. I have a '78 truck carb so it's a little better.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

They were rated at 17 in town for an m6 stock bro..

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Ahhhh, buy the book I told you about. The idle fuel tubes in the smog years were restricted pretty bad so by monkeying with the screws you still couldn't mess up the emissions tune. Opening up the idle screws on a carb like that is like putting a fart cannon on an otherwise stock civic. It will only flow as well as the most restricted point. DON'T tune with float levels. I have a '78 truck carb so it's a little better.

I think a friend has that book -- I'll borrow it and see if I can figure it out. I checked the float level when I took the carb apart last year - it was spot on. For the life of me I can't remember what that other adjustment was that I made. It raised the needles up in the primaries which would allow more fuel at idle.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

The adjustable part throttle won't affect idle

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Yah. I get prob 12-14 in the city. I dunno what I get on the highway. I know that before I left for last year's Spazapalooza, I tanked up from almost empty and when I got to Ryan's house, 2+ hours later, I was just above half on the gas gauge. When I came back home the next day, I was just above "E". So a little above half a tank both ways.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Longtubes should benefit you greatly cammed, never heard of a cam install
    before boltons.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Longtubes should benefit you greatly cammed, never heard of a cam install
    before boltons.
    True. I think the car had LTs but the previous owner removed and sold them prior to trade in.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

...or the car might have been too loud and he got rid of em.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Oh, forgot to ask this question earlier today.

Dad has an appointment for the 30th at ECS to get some American racing 1 7/8" headers (ditching his old american racing ones that are smaller due to his supercharger install that will be taking place soon), ditching his corsa catback and getting the stocker back on there for a different sound and getting a catted X.

My question to you all is how will this sound through the stock catback?? We have never heard an LS2 or any car at that, with the stock catback with aftermarket midpipe/headers. The guys up at ECS say that it'll be kind of chill and not obnoxious, until you stomp on it, then it will really get loud, they claim it'll be louder at WOT with the stock catback and his header/midpipe combo, then it was with the Corsa.

But anyways, how do you all think this will sound?

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    ...or the car might have been too loud and he got rid of em.
    When you put on headers you get rid of the slp junk if it's too loud might've been why your tune was off, might've been tuned for headers

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    Oh, forgot to ask this question earlier today.
    Dad has an appointment for the 30th at ECS to get some American racing 1 7/8" headers (ditching his old american racing ones that are smaller due to his supercharger install that will be taking place soon), ditching his corsa catback and getting the stocker back on there for a different sound and getting a catted X.
    My question to you all is how will this sound through the stock catback?? We have never heard an LS2 or any car at that, with the stock catback with aftermarket midpipe/headers. The guys up at ECS say that it'll be kind of chill and not obnoxious, until you stomp on it, then it will really get loud, they claim it'll be louder at WOT with the stock catback and his header/midpipe combo, then it was with the Corsa.

But anyways, how do you all think this will sound?
    paying over 1k for headers and install to gain 1/8th inch more primary volume but then adding cats and stock mufflers. Hmm, makes sense it will be quiet.

Page 73 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2333435369707172737475767793 ... LastLast

Thread Information