Page 72 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2232425268697071727374757692 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1894

*** April Fools Train ***

This is a discussion on *** April Fools Train *** within the AAG Archives forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Originally Posted by cammed goat Oh, it was the same with the 2010 Camaro. The reps were talking about locking ...

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Oh, it was the same with the 2010 Camaro. The reps were talking about locking the doors. There was a security guard watching over the Kia Forte race car as well and he was telling folks to stay back from the car. He looked P.O.ed.
    Sounds liek they are getting real complacent at the NYIAS. Its essentially just a car dealer from every make under one roof. Let people sit in stuff. I sat in numerous cars but i think i went like the first day and at night and there was nobody there. I got in just about everything I wanted to that wasnt locked.

One observation abotu that new york show though is there sure is a lot of hoodrats at that place BLASTING hot 97 in like every single car. Breaking interiors and what not. I dont know what they actually do with the display cars but some of them need a couple grand worth of work before they could be sold again. There was a porsche ( i think it was a porsche) that had a light colored interior there that had like black leather seats after what was probably only several hours of baggy jeans sitting in it.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Sounds liek they are getting real complacent at the NYIAS. Its essentially just a car dealer from every make under one roof. Let people sit in stuff. I sat in numerous cars but i think i went like the first day and at night and there was nobody there. I got in just about everything I wanted to that wasnt locked.

One observation abotu that new york show though is there sure is a lot of hoodrats at that place BLASTING hot 97 in like every single car. Breaking interiors and what not. I dont know what they actually do with the display cars but some of them need a couple grand worth of work before they could be sold again. There was a porsche ( i think it was a porsche) that had a light colored interior there that had like black leather seats after what was probably only several hours of baggy jeans sitting in it.
    Yup. The DUB section was mobbed. And I remember a few years ago when Pontiac as advertising XM radio. There was a guy in a Bonneville GXP and blasted the music. The rep looked like she was gonna cry. I walked over and told her she only had an hour left to go until the show was over. She smiled and said she couldn't wait. There was also stories about the gangs getting violent this year at the show. I had my guard up.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Got my part in the mail, finished building and installed my carb. Secondaries work great they tend not to do well when the spring is way too tight and the butterflies are locked with epoxy..

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    You caught it with the jack lifting the car?
    Must have.
    Not sure how though....
    Shit happens.

Off to that condo tomorrow at 1PM.....Breckenridge here I come.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I am still trying to plan out when I will take the rebuilt rear to work with me to install.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Silver LT1 Formy, 6 speed, hardtop, I mean, does it get any better?! inb4 "not a GT" etc., etc.

Man oh man, i gotta get me a job somewhere this summer. I have got to get a car.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    Silver LT1 Formy, 6 speed, hardtop, I mean, does it get any better?! inb4 "not a GT" etc., etc.

Man oh man, i gotta get me a job somewhere this summer. I have got to get a car.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
    Not only a Formy...but a FIREHAWK. Looks like the cheapest hawk I have ever seen. If I had the monay I'd snatch that up.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Not only a Formy...but a FIREHAWK. Looks like the cheapest hawk I have ever seen. If I had the monay I'd snatch that up.
    Yep, another plus, it's a Firehawk formy, and it's an LT1 at that, so it's extra rare I believe. I Really like that car a lot.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    Yep, another plus, it's a Firehawk formy, and it's an LT1 at that, so it's extra rare I believe. I Really like that car a lot.
    So...you gonna look at it?

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Rare= no one wanted them that's why my car is one of 233 formy ws6 coupes for '00. I would go for '96+ unless I intended to leave it near stock. Around here obd1 cars have to pass the sniffer test. Obd2's just get the plug in test (a complete joke) and are supposed to do a visual, but longtubes and gutted or highflow cats are fine. Also, you don work on cars so an lt1 doesn't seem right for you

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Pics of said WS-6?

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Watching an interesting early America program on the history channel. By the 1770's Americans were on average over 2" taller and far healthier than the Brits, thought that was interesting

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Pics of said WS-6?
    I'll post some later, on my phone now

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

OK. I didn't know ya had a bird. I was like " when da hell did he get a bird?"

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

So...you gonna look at it?
    I wish, not time yet, got to wait until June 2011 before anything happens.

Would be a nice DD for you though man, you can park the goat and drive that everyday.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Haha. I would alternate.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

dont get an lt1 fbody. stick to the ls cars

Impounded
    gmcheviac

OK. I didn't know ya had a bird. I was like " when da hell did he get a bird?"
    Early '09, officially "dad's" but I drive it whenever. He'd rather be comfortable in my truck it's going to be my college car most likely. Now my dad can dd my truck if he doesn't have to go offshore because it's reliable. Before it was okay if I had to limp my truck to school or go back and have my mom take me, but if it died on him going to work.. Another plan is to use my truck to haul shit and a rainy day driver in college if I save enough with a job for a used bike. 55 mpg on the bike instead of maybe 17-18 in town with the bird. Then 10 if I have to drive my truck

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

10 mpg?! Ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Naw, quadrajet does pretty good for an old car. Haven't calculated mileage. Might get 13 or so around town, running 3k+ on the road it plummets

Page 72 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2232425268697071727374757692 ... LastLast

Thread Information