Page 37 of 95 FirstFirst ... 71733343536373839404157677787 ... LastLast

*** April Fools Train ***

This is a discussion on *** April Fools Train *** within the AAG Archives forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; I completed my primary education right here in the United States. Born and raised in NY. My point was that ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I completed my primary education right here in the United States. Born and raised in NY. My point was that senior has a double meaning. The original comment did not describe which kind of senior we were talking about. This could have been a senior citizen ricer, which would be hilarious, or this could be a teenage ricer which is rather mundane.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

oh.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

guy I know turned a perfectly good 2000 or so civic auto, silver, base coupe into a complete ricer. Camry hubcaps with chipping black spray can paint, gloss lime green maaco paint job, autozo neon on the OUTSIDE of the bumpers and sides, black spray painted taillights, fart cannon my 350 would need 20 minutes to even get air to the end. And now it's for sale after a few short months...

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Woah!!! Do want!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbgGkLfJs80&feature=related[/ame]

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Tried to align a car at work and the inner tie rod would only go so far. But the alignment was still off. My manager asked the customer if the car had been in a wreck and she told him the car should have been totalled, but the shop fixed it. Uh...nope. They welded the front subframe back together and left a subframe bolt loose. I saw the loose bolt and was like WTF?! My manager told me to tighten the bolt and align the car the best I could. The subframe also looked like the "body shop" tried to bolt the LCA to the subframe and bent it more.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Tried to align a car at work and the inner tie rod would only go so far. But the alignment was still off. My manager asked the customer if the car had been in a wreck and she told him the car should have been totalled, but the shop fixed it. Uh...nope. They welded the front subframe back together and left a subframe bolt loose. I saw the loose bolt and was like WTF?! My manager told me to tighten the bolt and align the car the best I could. The subframe also looked like the "body shop" tried to bolt the LCA to the subframe and bent it more.
    Incompetence.... at least it's job security for some people.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

All day I was asking myself how someone could do shoddy work and not get caught. Boggles the mind.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    All day I was asking myself how someone could do shoddy work and not get caught. Boggles the mind.
    Ask the government...

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Not too bad an evening up this way. Went for a walk with the wife up on our land to check out the charge holes they drilled for seismic testing. Not much to see really.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Not too bad an evening up this way. Went for a walk with the wife up on our land to check out the charge holes they drilled for seismic testing. Not much to see really.
    Prone to earthquakes? Or you got them snake thingies like in "Tremors"?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Prone to earthquakes? Or you got them snake thingies like in "Tremors"?
    We are sitting on a mondo-huge natural gas reserve called "Marcellus Shale". They are in the midst of drilling a couple thousand wells around our county and are tearing the hell out of everything in the process. We are next in line for the seismic testing. They string cable all over the place with sensors on them and set off all sorts of explosive charges buried around 20-40 feet deep. The charges are drilled and buried, just waiting for the cable to be flown in for the process to start.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Natural gas reserve and they're lighting off explosives?LOL.

Shame they gotta tear everything up to do it - it's nice country out there. Guess that means no more sleeping in either.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Natural gas reserve and they're lighting off explosives?LOL.

Shame they gotta tear everything up to do it - it's nice country out there. Guess that means no more sleeping in either.

The gas is about 5,000 feet down, so no worries. We went to a presentation on the seismic testing and from what they said, you can barely hear the detonations for the testing.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    The gas is about 5,000 feet down, so no worries. We went to a presentation on the seismic testing and from what they said, you can barely hear the detonations for the testing.
    That's cool at least. They just get fuel oil around here. Don't even have to go down that far. You can see it in the puddles when it rains for a while, it's so close to the surface.

Think I'm gonna go spend some quality time with the wifey now that she's done working out. L8r all.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

The detonations will rattle teacups in a china cabinet. Ask my dad.

They actually fractured the water table doing so here. We had gas in the water for about a year until it finally cleared itself up.

Fortuna has their 4 pilot holes drilled on us, waiting for the main drilling rig to move into position.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    The detonations will rattle teacups in a china cabinet. Ask my dad.

They actually fractured the water table doing so here. We had gas in the water for about a year until it finally cleared itself up.

Fortuna has their 4 pilot holes drilled on us, waiting for the main drilling rig to move into position.

Yikes! That's alot more of a blast than what they presented at the school. Did you have to install some sort of separator to remove the gas?

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Naa. Wasn't a huge problem. It would only accumulate in the lines overnight, early in the morning you would hear it burp through the toilet fill valve and gurgle in the tank.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

We have a quarry two towns over. Whenever they set off charges, the houses here in town shake. There was a council meeting last year and folks talked about how the underground piping is getting ruined by the blasts. The quarry was supposed to close two years ago. I dunno what happened about that tho.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Girl just asked me about a paper she's writing for school as to whether or not guys and girls can be friends, so I obliged and said the first thing that came to my mind.

www.laddertheory.com

Page 37 of 95 FirstFirst ... 71733343536373839404157677787 ... LastLast

Thread Information