Page 97 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4757677793949596979899100101117127137147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 4745

****TRAIN**** 10,000 posts or bust!!!

This is a discussion on ****TRAIN**** 10,000 posts or bust!!! within the AAG Archives forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Thats why I think its Tri-Coat (base, candy, clear). My 'bird does the same thing in different light. Kinda dark/dull. ...

  1. #1921
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,185

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    Thats why I think its Tri-Coat (base, candy, clear). My 'bird does the same thing in different light.



    Kinda dark/dull.



    Almost Bronze.



    This pic really shows the gradient from light/dark.




    That's the gold that is under the orange candy on the car. Too much of an old-man color though. It could work though with some nice black or satin black striping.

  2. #1922
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Talk to yas tomorrow. I can't watch the Phills blow this game!! WTF, they gotta stop watching the first pitch go by, then swing at everything after that!

    I'm done, see ya!

  3. #1923
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,185

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    later

  4. #1924
    Senior Member jknelms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,327

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Thats why I think its Tri-Coat (base, candy, clear). My 'bird does the same thing in different light.

    Click for full size

    Kinda dark/dull.

    Click for full size

    Almost Bronze.

    Click for full size

    This pic really shows the gradient from light/dark.


    Click for full size

    That's the gold that is under the orange candy on the car. Too much of an old-man color though. It could work though with some nice black or satin black striping.
    I love the SOM look. that's the color i want!

  5. #1925
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly+Glenmoore, Pa
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,704

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Talk to yas tomorrow. I can't watch the Phills blow this game!! WTF, they gotta stop watching the first pitch go by, then swing at everything after that!

    I'm done, see ya!
    Seriously, Its moved to the small tv on mute now. Giants game is on the big tv.

    Later Bran!

  6. #1926
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,185

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    It's anything but SOM. Just SEM (brand name) paint that has gone to shit a little over a year old. Its holding up, but fading fast. If I had it to do over again (before I found the silver I like) It would have been this color.


  7. #1927
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly+Glenmoore, Pa
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,704

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    It's anything but SOM. Just SEM (brand name) paint that has gone to shit a little over a year old. Its holding up, but fading fast. If I had it to do over again (before I found the silver I like) It would have been this color.

    Click for full size
    What color is that?

    BTW, almost to 2k posts in here. 6k views though! Why couldnt everyone who viewed throw in a post. We would be so close!

  8. #1928
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,185

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    I think every time you close and reopen the train it may show a view?

  9. #1929
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,185

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    I think the color on that car was called Monteray Maroon Metallic or something? Probably expensive paint and not stock?

  10. #1930
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly+Glenmoore, Pa
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,704

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    I think every time you close and reopen the train it may show a view?
    Yeah it does, but most of us who do that post server posts at a time.

  11. #1931
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly+Glenmoore, Pa
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,704

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    I think the color on that car was called Monteray Maroon Metallic or something? Probably expensive paint and not stock?
    Looks great, and yeah you're right, expensive.

  12. #1932
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,185

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    I had 600$ alone in the materials for the orange on my car. 13 coats of paint total and now it looks like we half-assed one coat of orange. So frustrating. 11 hours of straight no-breaks painting to get the thing done and this shit happens.

  13. #1933
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly+Glenmoore, Pa
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,704

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    I had 600$ alone in the materials for the orange on my car. 13 coats of paint total and now it looks like we half-assed one coat of orange. So frustrating. 11 hours of straight no-breaks painting to get the thing done and this shit happens.
    wow, that really sucks. I remember seeing pictures and it looked amazing. Definitely a different orange than ive ever seen.

  14. #1934
    Senior Member jknelms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,327

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    I had 600$ alone in the materials for the orange on my car. 13 coats of paint total and now it looks like we half-assed one coat of orange. So frustrating. 11 hours of straight no-breaks painting to get the thing done and this shit happens.
    I'd really like to paint my car SOM. any tips for me to think about?

  15. #1935
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly+Glenmoore, Pa
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,704

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

    Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    I'd really like to paint my car SOM. any tips for me to think about?
    Not doing it.

  16. #1936
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,185

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    Save your money. Unless you can do it yourself, it WILL cost you an assload of money. We (me and my dad) do our own work which is the money saver. My ranger has held up remarkably well, and so has the Firebird, bad paint is what has ruined the 'birds Paintjob. My dad said it, and I'll agree, when you have a custom painted car, no matter the condition it was in before you started, you will be repainting it every 3-4 years. Something about the initial factory paint is so much more durable and doesn't affect the body panels as much as a repaint does. It just seems, and maybe its purely psychological, but it seems as if your car goes to hell FASTER after a nice paintjob than with the original paint. Just my observation.

  17. #1937
    Senior Member jknelms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,327

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Save your money. Unless you can do it yourself, it WILL cost you an assload of money. We (me and my dad) do our own work which is the money saver. My ranger has held up remarkably well, and so has the Firebird, bad paint is what has ruined the 'birds Paintjob. My dad said it, and I'll agree, when you have a custom painted car, no matter the condition it was in before you started, you will be repainting it every 3-4 years. Something about the initial factory paint is so much more durable and doesn't affect the body panels as much as a repaint does. It just seems, and maybe its purely psychological, but it seems as if your car goes to hell FASTER after a nice paintjob than with the original paint. Just my observation.
    Money...the answer to everything. haha. blah. well, i guess i'll just save for an '01 or '02 SOM M6....i'd like the ebony interior.

  18. #1938
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,185

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    It's an Auto SS, but that can be fixed.

    http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/...?itemid=454333

  19. #1939
    Senior Member jknelms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,327

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    It's an Auto SS, but that can be fixed.

    http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/...?itemid=454333
    is that your car for sale or something?

    16,5 for 98k miles? wow, someone is hoping to catch an idiot.

  20. #1940
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,185

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    Hell no, lmao. Not mine, never would be. Just saw it a few nights ago lookin' around.

Page 97 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4757677793949596979899100101117127137147197 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 5,250 (rpm) AND bust!
    By Whamhammer in forum General Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-24-2015, 08:30 PM
  2. Help: wheel bust!!
    By Karczewski in forum General Help
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 10:58 AM
  3. posts dont show up in new posts
    By Speedy_Gonzales in forum Request and Feedback
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 06:16 PM
  4. why dont my posts show up under new posts?
    By 1959ls1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 07:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •