Page 58 of 95 FirstFirst ... 81828385455565758596061627888 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1891

**** Bring Spring TRAIN!!!! ****

This is a discussion on **** Bring Spring TRAIN!!!! **** within the AAG Archives forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Originally Posted by Stone Cold Goat But i bet its a big check! It had BETTER be!! End of the ...

  1. #1141
    11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    11,490

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Goat View Post
    But i bet its a big check!
    It had BETTER be!! End of the month? For a PAYCHECK?! FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

  2. #1142
    Senior Member grouch0jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,055

    Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

    its a bitch getting paid once a month. i try to get all my bills out of the way, then kind of give myself an allowance.

  3. #1143
    Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    862

    Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

    So, I just found out my ship date for boot camp got bumped from Feb 23rd to March 9th.

    Apparently too many people joining right now (economy) that Parris Island is overflowing, and are making recruiters cut back. They bumped me because apparently I'm the lowest risk (not in trouble, good home life, didn't threaten to walk if they bumped me, etc).

    Still a chance for me to get out on the 23rd though since everyone who's shipping out then + me took the Initial Strength Test yesterday. One guy couldn't finish the puny 1 1/2mi run and only did 30 something crunches. He's retaking it on saturday and if he isn't any better, he gets bumped and I might get his spot.

    Still doesn't look good though. More waiting and another few weeks of unemployement. At least I'd get to spend my birthday at home though.

  4. #1144
    NASCAR Go Fast, Turn Left ntimid8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    8,051

    383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorr12 View Post
    They gave me a shot, in my butt
    I know that story then. Penicillin shot in the arse only means one thing....you got a case of the clap. Damn girl....between the clap and hepatitis C, geeez.

  5. #1145
    NASCAR Go Fast, Turn Left ntimid8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    8,051

    383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by grouch0jr View Post
    ha, i dont get paid until the end of the month
    You must be salaried.

  6. #1146
    Senior Member grouch0jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,055

    Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    You must be salaried.
    i am, but ive also had salaried jobs where i got paid weekly.

  7. #1147
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly+Glenmoore, Pa
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,704

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC


  8. #1148
    NASCAR Go Fast, Turn Left ntimid8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    8,051

    383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBornThriller View Post
    So, I just found out my ship date for boot camp got bumped from Feb 23rd to March 9th.

    Apparently too many people joining right now (economy) that Parris Island is overflowing, and are making recruiters cut back. They bumped me because apparently I'm the lowest risk (not in trouble, good home life, didn't threaten to walk if they bumped me, etc).

    Still a chance for me to get out on the 23rd though since everyone who's shipping out then + me took the Initial Strength Test yesterday. One guy couldn't finish the puny 1 1/2mi run and only did 30 something crunches. He's retaking it on saturday and if he isn't any better, he gets bumped and I might get his spot.

    Still doesn't look good though. More waiting and another few weeks of unemployement. At least I'd get to spend my birthday at home though.
    Be smart and switch to the Air Force while you still can!!!!! I regret not waiting for them....life in the air force is sweeeeet. I'd be a lifer if I went that route. Instead I did 14 years navy and navy reserves service. Believe me, if I knew then what I know now, I would've went air force.

  9. #1149
    NASCAR Go Fast, Turn Left ntimid8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    8,051

    383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by grouch0jr View Post
    i am, but ive also had salaried jobs where i got paid weekly.
    All the ones I've seen are once a month. I would hate to have to ration out my paycheck for an entire month. But I guess like anything else you figure it out. The biggest downside of exempt is no overtime pay....imho.

  10. #1150
    Senior Member grouch0jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,055

    Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    All the ones I've seen are once a month. I would hate to have to ration out my paycheck for an entire month. But I guess like anything else you figure it out. The biggest downside of exempt is no overtime pay....imho.
    not all salaried jobs are no overtime. i know some people who get overtime pay, plus comp time.
    being salaried has its benefits, but right now im working like 70 hour weeks and getting paid the same rate. its usually made up in bonuses though.

  11. #1151
    NASCAR Go Fast, Turn Left ntimid8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    8,051

    383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by grouch0jr View Post
    not all salaried jobs are no overtime. i know some people who get overtime pay, plus comp time.
    being salaried has its benefits, but right now im working like 70 hour weeks and getting paid the same rate. its usually made up in bonuses though.
    Most all the guys I know that moved to exempt sorta regretted it because of the no overtime allowed. Where are those guys working at the get O.T. plus???? I want to work there. cha-ching!!!!

  12. #1152
    Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Gadsden, AL
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,470

    Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

    saweet Goodyear was on How Stuff Works on the Discovery channel....odd watching TV and feeling like you are at work though

  13. #1153
    NASCAR Go Fast, Turn Left ntimid8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    8,051

    383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!! View Post
    saweet Goodyear was on How Stuff Works on the Discovery channel....odd watching TV and feeling like you are at work though
    Your boss called.....Get back to work!!!!!

  14. #1154
    I like turtles GTP231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Corn and Soybean fields
    Posts
    5,447

    Gray/ White
    10 Impreza 83 Thunderturd

    Ahhh grillin

  15. #1155
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly+Glenmoore, Pa
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,704

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    Ahhh grillin
    Grill me a burger bitch!

  16. #1156
    I like turtles GTP231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Corn and Soybean fields
    Posts
    5,447

    Gray/ White
    10 Impreza 83 Thunderturd

    psh bitch chicken breasts

  17. #1157
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly+Glenmoore, Pa
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,704

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    psh bitch chicken breasts
    MMMM. There better be BBQ sauce on those!

    Sweet Baby Rays.

  18. #1158
    Senior Member taylorr12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    I know that story then. Penicillin shot in the arse only means one thing....you got a case of the clap. Damn girl....between the clap and hepatitis C, geeez.

    Funny guy, actually it was a steriod. Now im gunna look like that elvis kid

  19. #1159
    11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    11,490

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    I love cyberstalkers.

  20. #1160
    I like turtles GTP231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Corn and Soybean fields
    Posts
    5,447

    Gray/ White
    10 Impreza 83 Thunderturd

    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I love cyberstalkers.
    The ones that do it in person are far more fun

Page 58 of 95 FirstFirst ... 81828385455565758596061627888 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *** Spring Is Near March TRAIN ***
    By GTP231 in forum AAG Archives
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 03-31-2017, 07:39 AM
  2. Most anything goes: Bring it!
    By 67CamaroRSSS in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 05:43 AM
  3. Bring it!
    By LSCyaL8R in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 04:26 PM
  4. What would you bring?
    By burnws6 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 12:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •