Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

What do you know about a 2000 Grand Prix GTP?

title says it all! looking at a nice GTP in my price range with 130k on the clock immaculate interrior and exterior priced at $2395.00. Here is the description:

Fully Loaded. 130K miles. Mostly stock besides headers and downpipe upgrade. Check engine light is on because of the catless downpipe. The car has a good NJ inspection until 1/13 so if you're from NJ you won't have to worry about that for a while. Spotless interior. The car does need some tlc. Transmission has issues with reverse. I've done as much researching and tinkering as I can and have narrowed it down to the reverse servo or valve body. The trans was rebuilt last year by the previous owner so it would not need a complete rebuilt. To fix it yourself or have a shop fix it shouldn't cost more than a couple hundred bucks. The price is $2500 and it's firm, I'm losing a boat load of money as it is. There are a lot of new parts on the car(brakes, rotors, spark plugs, 2 tires)I just detailed inside and out. KBB is over $4500. Buy this and a transmission and it will still be less than that! Open to trades for a boat or motorcycle.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

we had a 99 GTP.....loved that car. That's getting up there in mileage for my liking but 2400 isn't a lot of dough either. We got rid of ours with 126k on it and it was still running great. Had problems with the lockout on the shifter and the cd player and that was it the whole time we owned it. I never had to work on that car. Just maintenance stuff.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

If it only costs a couple hundred dollars to fix the trans reverse problem, 99% of people would fix it. Expect the worst case scernario for the transmission.

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

We have a 2000 grand prix gtp, it was my mothers car, then got passed on to my sister when she started driveing, and now I switch back and forth between it and my formula; it has 134k and still pulls strong. The biggest problem with these cars is the head gaskets, they are a pita. Over all it has been a great car for us but I would be a little weary of that car. There was one for sale near me for like 4 grand that had under 30k miles. I would keep looking you can find these cars for pretty good deals just gotta wait for the right one. Also in a fight vs a f250 the truck wins ask how I know.

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

recently got rid of my `99 GTP,loved it..my moms has an `02.great cars,good luck w the sale
    1999 GTP:minor exhaust mods,3.4 pulley,reprogrammed pcm,vinyl overlays,window tint,2 way remote start/alarm,K&N,slotted/drilled rotors

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

My DD is a 2000 GTP...most reliable car I've owned...never given me a problem in over two years of owning it.

Fix the trans and have fun.
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 M6: 427ci LS3, Built T56, Moser 9" w/ 4.11 Gearing, Full Suspension, and 6-point Cage.
    2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP: Twincharged w/ a T67 Turbocharger
    2007 Chevrolet 3500 Dually Duramax: 3" Downpipe, Dual 4" Exhaust, EFILive Tuning

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

I talked to the kid selling and he said its his #3 car and is going to college and it just sits there so he's trying to get rid of it with out having to dump more money into it. he said a 40 year old single women drove it so the interior hasn't seen any little bastards in it (no offense to those with kids) and she apparently drove it gingerly. I chewed him down to 2000 if he fixes the O2 sensor and rear window regulator. anyway, gonna call my trans guy tomorrow and give him the details the kid sent me and see what he says...2000 is still a good deal for a fully loaded GTP, base models with 160k are going for 2500 so worst case scenario I get my money back :/. If anyone else has something to say feel free to chime in!

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

talked to the kid today and there a few things that went bad on the car so I think I'll pass on it, seems like a lemon. He says its been sitting for a few weeks but he started it up yesterday and had some more issues with it. :/

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

i had a 2000 GTP with all options pwr sunroof,leather,driver info center,heated seats,HUD,pwr everything i loved the car,only
    issue was the sunroof was off track,but i swapped it out other than that great low maintence car, i had 3 other GPs besides that
    but they were 2 GTs & i currently own a 05 GTP now

although this car was a 2000 it was very well kept by the previous owner & by me,i sold it with 53k original
    miles on it,i
    saw it 2 weeks ago broken down & very dented up the guy i sold it to tore it up real bad

the car doesnt look nothing like this no more,i wish i still had it
    Last edited by fbodyNATION; 07-25-2011 at 02:38 PM.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

ya its a solid looking car just every time I talk to hims something pops up wrong so I don't wanna get stuck with a lemon

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

Grand prixs are great cars, there alot like our f bodys in that they can take alot of punishment and keep going, but if a car is ragged out stay away from it. No point in spending a bunch of money for someone elses problem.

Thread Information