Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

test drove a m5 mustang gt today

I've been teaching my dad to drive manual via test drives so he can drive my car and run it a little when i leave for college in a week. I must say the GT was nothing like i expected. It was horrible. For starters, the exhaust is LOUD, and thats coming from a 19 year old with a loudmouth 1 exhaust! It was louder. It was like that one drone part at 2000rpm but constantly. Even, when barely tapping gas. And it was a horrible, horrible sound. My dad and my mom thought it sounded horrible.

I didn't expect it to be good, just not so loud and droney. It literally sounded like a ricer with a coffee can muffler with a larger 4 banger engine, not an american v8. Anyone else drive one?

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

i refuse to drive POS

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

ok you guys are really biased my friend has a 05 roush mustang he traded up for the offroad exhaust i was very envious I changed my exhaust to magna flow after driving his ricers sound hollow this is throaty... Have you guys ever ridden or heard a harley..or old school cars,,, know what cutouts are

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by scotthd View Post
    ok you guys are really biased my friend has a 05 roush mustang he traded up for the offroad exhaust i was very envious I changed my exhaust to magna flow after driving his ricers sound hollow this is throaty... Have you guys ever ridden or heard a harley..or old school cars,,, know what cutouts are
    lmao... ever heard of a cutout.... have YOU ever heard of an cam and custom TD's dumped before the axle.

im not envious what so ever of a mustang exhaust, especially something close to stock.. or a cutout.. or a magnaflow....

old school cars.. harley... wtf are you talking abhout.. my car is twice as loud as any harley... and old school cars?? wtf they sound like any other car that is built........noob...

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Psychosis View Post
    I've been teaching my dad to drive manual via test drives so he can drive my car and run it a little when i leave for college in a week. I must say the GT was nothing like i expected. It was horrible. For starters, the exhaust is LOUD, and thats coming from a 19 year old with a loudmouth 1 exhaust! It was louder. It was like that one drone part at 2000rpm but constantly. Even, when barely tapping gas. And it was a horrible, horrible sound. My dad and my mom thought it sounded horrible.

I didn't expect it to be good, just not so loud and droney. It literally sounded like a ricer with a coffee can muffler with a larger 4 banger engine, not an american v8. Anyone else drive one?
    so anyway in case you are to illiterat to read (sounds like a ricer with a coffee can muffler) thats what I was going off so before you think you are going to flame me dumbass read what was posted the guy also said too (LOUD) so get off my ass just becouse you have more posts obviously doesnt make you smarter......
    Last edited by scotthd; 08-10-2008 at 09:30 PM.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I've only heard a few mustang GT's that didn't sound good. Most sound really good actually. Stock the newer ones are really quite and I don't see how they would bug anyone other than being to quiet. I'm guessing they had some crap exhaust on it.

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

what no whitty retort tryin to demean me while agreeing with me!!!!!

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

what no whitty retort tryin to demean me while agreeing with me!!!!!

You still have some mis-spelled items there Stevie, I mean Scott.

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    You still have some mis-spelled items there Stevie, I mean Scott.

.. Thanks I never claimed to know how to spell just read...lol I didnt mean you by the way..

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

.. Thanks I never claimed to know how to spell just read...lol I didnt mean you by the way..

I know, but I couldn't resist.

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

I dont blame you... but you got to admit the exhaust is prob one of the best parts of the newer mustang they do sound good they definately dont sound like rice or like they have a tin can muffler the first post said too loud and the second guy tried to light me up and say his is louder. which went along with me not against me so how can you get angry at someone light them up call them a noob but agree with them at the same time

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

This thing was stock I even looked under it. It only had about 10k on it but maybe it had some kind of a hole in it? Anyways, unless you are use to headers this was LOUD. Louder than my lm1 which is a big statement.

um... this was a GT. Roush obviously is going to sound different but its a lot more expensive. I saw a new Saleen Mustang and it sounded awesome. But that was because of its forced induction.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

This thing was stock I even looked under it. It only had about 10k on it but maybe it had some kind of a hole in it? Anyways, unless you are use to headers this was LOUD. Louder than my lm1 which is a big statement.

um... this was a GT. Roush obviously is going to sound different but its a lot more expensive. I saw a new Saleen Mustang and it sounded awesome. But that was because of its forced induction.

Maybe one of the cats were blown out or something. Stock they are not loud what so ever.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    i refuse to drive POS

lmao why cant people handle a little 4.6L motor... dumbass mustang driver haha

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

So the car lived up to all it's expectations.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by Baseballstar425 View Post

lmao why cant people handle a little 4.6L motor... dumbass mustang driver haha
    It would've taken a lot from me not to assult the mustang driver if i was the driver getting hit on the other side of traffic.

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

that... wasn't even moving that fast...

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    It would've taken a lot from me not to assult the mustang driver if i was the driver getting hit on the other side of traffic.
    yeah.. he would have died lol

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

so anyway in case you are to illiterat to read (sounds like a ricer with a coffee can muffler) thats what I was going off so before you think you are going to flame me dumbass read what was posted the guy also said too (LOUD) so get off my ass just becouse you have more posts obviously doesnt make you smarter......
    haha, wow agree with you, how about not logged on in a few..

i dont care what you post was going off of.. you asked if he knew what cutouts were.. and talking like magnaflow is impressive....
    that shits lame, period. BTW, i didnt look at your post count.. i just figured by your post.. especially the cutout part.. that you were a noob.

back to OP, im not agreeing with you on either one.. a stock gt being too loud? drone i could understand, but not loudness..

I dont blame you... but you got to admit the exhaust is prob one of the best parts of the newer mustang they do sound good they definately dont sound like rice or like they have a tin can muffler the first post said too loud and the second guy tried to light me up and say his is louder. which went along with me not against me so how can you get angry at someone light them up call them a noob but agree with them at the same time
    i never said mine was louder.. i said louder than a harley.. read, but yes it is.. a hell of a lot louder i would hope... thats what i paid for.

im not angry.. i think your goofy. again, im not agreeing.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

With the right exhaust Mustangs sound great.

I drive a '07 Mustang Shelby GT Hertz 'vert last year on vacation, and you'd swear the exhaust note was part of a soundtrack. It was that perfect. Not too loud, but no matter what RPM you were at it just sounded great.

Obviously the Mustang you drove had straight pipes or some other crappy exhaust setup. I'm not a huge Mustang fan, but give credit where its due at least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information