Pewter
    02 WS6

Saw a New Dodge Challenger to day

Was haveing lunch 2 day with the guys from the shop and saw a new challenger across so i went over there and talked to him for a minute.

It was orange with tan interior had a dvd player nice car huge sloted rotors with what looked to be stock 20's.

It had a 6.1 Hemi with an Auto5 the guy said it had 425hp he popped the hood and man that pig was stuffed in there no room any where to get to anything, headers would be a pain for sure.

He also told me he paid a whopping 45K for it (well he acctually said he only paid 45K for it ) ONLEY!!!!

Overall Tought the car looked like a pig but looked like it could hook up off the line. Any one ran one yet? What do you guys think about them?

Pewter
    2001 NHRA Trans Am

yeah i talked to a guy while i was getting my hair cut about them. He said his buddy works for dodge and that there are a few of them out right now driving from location to location. I personally think they look very nice and fast as hell. I would still prefer a camaro over that any day. And damnnnn 45k?!?! wtf does he mean ONLY?!

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

I saw a burnt orange one rolling around here a few days ago. First impression of seeing it on the street was wow, but once I start seeing more they will def lose there appeal.

silver
    1999 Trans am Ws6

they are also all over michigan.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

ya i'v seen 3 of them roll'in around here since they came out 2 orange w/ black stripes and a solid black one, I think its going to be a while until any of us get to run one on the street though, everyone I saw had an old man in it which probably would'nt play on the street, best chance to run one would be the track...
    Last edited by 1 RedHot TransAm; 07-17-2008 at 08:48 AM. Reason: spelling

Yellow
    2002 CETA

those things are sweet...my step dad ordered a black one....man that thing is quick... he sold it to my bro and got an orange one, but he likes the black ones better so i think he mite try to sell the orange one to get another black...but i drove the black one ((he was a lil tipsy haha)) and that thing will put u bak in your seat.

Yellow
    2002 CETA

nevermind...he just sold it a few mins ago for 55K !!!!!!! man people will pay anything for these things.

NIUK! NIUK!..WOO!WOO!WOO! LIGHTNINGMCQUEEN's Avatar

BLACK
    1999 TRANS AM

I like them. I think they look bad ass but in a year or two when they are all over the road the Trans Ams will still turn more heads cause their so rare. Not that that matters to me i could give a hoot if someon looked at my car or not but its nice when it happens. Anyway those challengers are bad ass and if i had the money id get an RT but not at the expense of my Trans Am. My T/A is mine and its gonna be for a long time. Anyways challengers dont have T-Tops.

Larry Dingleberry Racing

Black
    1998 Trans Am

yeah saw a black one this past weekend in san marcos from a distance though was about to walk into the hotel and heard exhaust so i turned to look and there it was it is one bad ass car

Pewter
    02 WS6

The guy said that this year only came in auto but next year they will have a m5 as well as a a5 the guy is a dodge nut both his kids have nice chargers he has a girl with a pink one and his boy has a red one

Formula Driver! 96Firebirdformula's Avatar

Batman Black
    1996 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by WonFastWS6 View Post
    Was haveing lunch 2 day with the guys from the shop and saw a new challenger across so i went over there and talked to him for a minute.

It was orange with tan interior had a dvd player nice car huge sloted rotors with what looked to be stock 20's.

It had a 6.1 Hemi with an Auto5 the guy said it had 425hp he popped the hood and man that pig was stuffed in there no room any where to get to anything, headers would be a pain for sure.

He also told me he paid a whopping 45K for it (well he acctually said he only paid 45K for it ) ONLEY!!!!

Overall Tought the car looked like a pig but looked like it could hook up off the line. Any one ran one yet? What do you guys think about them?
    Runs 13.3 Stock LOL! For 45k & 13 City 18 high MPG LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WonFastWS6 View Post
    The guy said that this year only came in auto but next year they will have a m5 as well as a a5 the guy is a dodge nut both his kids have nice chargers he has a girl with a pink one and his boy has a red one
    M6 Not M5 that only mustangs LOL!

black
    99 z28

ive seen them i guess my opinon is they look ok but im not really into the whole retro thing bringing the old cars back with a modern look just doesnt attract me to much...

Blue
    2000 Camaro SS Convertibl

I'm not impressed by those cars at all (especially by the price). It's just the Charger frame, minus 2 doors. Despite the high horsepower, their not that fast because they're so damn heavy (well over 4000 lbs.). It's hilarious to see the liberal greenies go after us becuase of the engine size in cars, in reality, it's the weight of vehicles that give such piss/poor mpg. Unfortunately, it's their whiney ass friends in the insurance companies that keep adding more safety structures to vehicles (re. more weight) that keep bogging these cars down. Uggh, sorry got off topic, yeah the Challenger's a bit lame, was never that big on the original, would have rather seen a new Barracuda!

silver
    98 camaro z28 m6

I almost raced one yesterday 18 year old kid was driving. Unfortunately I was headed to work and racing would have been out of the way.

2 badass birds

RED/black
    97ws6/05 GTO

My boss at work just bought orange and black one raced him with my a4 firehawk he would not go from a stop. No fear I put about 10-12 cars on him from a 20-120 run. my car has external bolt ons only valve covers never off, no spray. My thoughts

Thread Information