Thread: monte ss

Awaiting Activation

black
    2000 Z28

monte ss

im thinking about buying a 2006 monte ss 5.3... anyone heard anything good or bad about them? one site is claiming 0-60 in under 5 sec. stock. sounds like a good ride to take the kids in and keep them out of my camaro. any info?

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjay76 View Post
    im thinking about buying a 2006 monte ss 5.3... anyone heard anything good or bad about them? one site is claiming 0-60 in under 5 sec. stock. sounds like a good ride to take the kids in and keep them out of my camaro. any info?
    Excellent vehicles. If you can try to find an 07 so you can get GM's 100k powertrain warranty on it. But being a service advisor at a Chevy dealer, we rarely ever see those vehicles come in with any significant problems.

A lot of power to the front wheels and torque steer on them is very noticable, but other than that, they are awesome. A friend of mine went 13.5 in the quarter mile with just a CAI, exhaust upgrade and a computer tune. Plus, I think they look awesome!

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Awaiting Activation

black
    2000 Z28

think its possible to run with the f bodies with simple add ons? is all that power going to tear up the front end, or are they made to pretty much handle it? i was also kinda skeptical about the cylinder shut down deal they have after doing some mods. any input?

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

think its possible to run with the f bodies with simple add ons? is all that power going to tear up the front end, or are they made to pretty much handle it? i was also kinda skeptical about the cylinder shut down deal they have after doing some mods. any input?
    I wouldn't worry about the active fuel managment system, it sucks anyway. You will probably need a decent about of bolt ons to hang with an Fbody. You can't just get away with a CAI and headers, you will need a quite a few mods to keep up. Stock, the Monte will run a 14.2. And also keep in mind, when you floor it, the front end comes up, which is your drive line, so you lose traction in that aspect. Those engines and transaxles can definitely take a beating, so mod away!

Awaiting Activation

black
    2000 Z28

thanks for the input. they look so cool i wish they were rear wheel drive. its gonna be hard to beat the f body i know. its just these michigan winters limit what is drivable year round. i guess some more extensive research is in store to see how much an extra 100 horses or so would cost in order to compete. thanks again.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

thanks for the input. they look so cool i wish they were rear wheel drive. its gonna be hard to beat the f body i know. its just these michigan winters limit what is drivable year round. i guess some more extensive research is in store to see how much an extra 100 horses or so would cost in order to compete. thanks again.
    Fellow Michigander right here.... I know all about em. That's why I have my truck!

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

very happy with my 05 supercharged ss.only problem i have is the damn speedometer and fuel gauge will freak out and not read correctly,of course this happened a few thousand miles out of warranty.

1966 Corvette Coupe

I have an 02 3.8 SS...

Its a good daily, but IMO if its not RWD dont even fuck with it unless its just to get you back and forth...

Its not fun... it torque steers... its pretty sloppy in the corners...

It rides well has some nice creature conforts and has offered me good realiablity (shes approaching 75k hard miles and they are starting to show, but shes holding in there like a champ). i wish i were a 4 door (or that the seats slid when you tilted them forward... you have to run the electric seat to the front to get in the back... which takes like 20 seconds...)

It depends on what you want, but it NO sports car...

-me

What type of kids do you have? Racers?

@topic

From my point of view this car is all positive to me. You will never have headache that much.

Thread Information