Artic white
    2001 Trans am

im thinking of getting a BMW

i looking at the 540 and 745 between 2001-2003. what should i look for and what would be ok miles for these cars??

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-Awesome

150K miles on BMW = 90K miles on GM

but for an 01-03 i wouldnt go above 80k miles
    No Replacement For Displacement

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

look for how high the parts will be when you need to fix or replace something.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Nothing Wrong with a BMW, Yes your going to spend good chunk of change. But It will last you a long time. Any BMW should be good for 200+k miles. AS so is GM cars. Just all in how you treat them.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS M6

I can't agree with that. And I'll make my argument by asking one question: How many older BMW's do you see on the road?.....very few.

They work great when they work...that's about it. Those cars are built knowing that most of their customer base is either going to lease, or trade up in a few years for a newer model (hence that bullshit about how "BMW has the most loyal customers").

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

I see them all the time with 140k+ miles on them. And thats right most of there customers are buisness men, they dont beat on there cars and drive long distances often, meaning tons of highway miles. It also means when things break on the cars they are fixed right by the dealership either via warrenty or just because new BMW owners have money.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Finally View Post
    I can't agree with that. And I'll make my argument by asking one question: How many older BMW's do you see on the road?.....very few.

They work great when they work...that's about it. Those cars are built knowing that most of their customer base is either going to lease, or trade up in a few years for a newer model (hence that bullshit about how "BMW has the most loyal customers").
    Down here in TN I see alot of older BMW's, I guess thats cause were poor country tho LOL

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

i found this one its a 2002 745i, i looked up what my insurance would be a month and the lowest i got was 400 a month. but my folks are thinking about putting me on their insurance and possibly co-signing for me.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/651919178.html

would it be stupid to trade my car in for it???

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by whiteLS1TA View Post
    i found this one its a 2002 745i, i looked up what my insurance would be a month and the lowest i got was 400 a month. but my folks are thinking about putting me on their insurance and possibly co-signing for me.

Man, they are basically giving cars away now. I live about 1 hour away from that car, and thinking about going to take a look at it for that price.

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by whiteLS1TA View Post

that is quite a baller unit, i'd rock one... but i wouldn't give up my fbod for one just yet

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

I wouldn't trade mine in for that. I personally think the styling looks like crap on them models, and then to top it off with over-sized wheels, haha. I wouldn't care for it at all.

Red
    98 T/A M6 w/lid and LM1

my friend's dad has an 06 6 series coupe. Those cars are good deals used. He paid like $40k for it at a dealership and its fully loaded. Its an auto and almost as quick as my m6, but much better handling (you can go around tight bends on back roads at 90) and much more comfortable. Has to be the best dd you can buy for the money.

If I were going to get a sedan though, I'd get a lexas gs400. He previously owned one and had it from 50k to 150k miles and it never had any problems (and he had an exhaust and wasn't driving like an old lady). Those cost like $15k in with descent miles (like 40k, i think). Thats still a pretty fast car too. Only comes auto but is about the same as a manual 350z stock vs stock.

But with any of these cars you will be raped by insurance.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I own a 2008 535i and I wouldn't own anything else right now. its the perfect blend of luxury, space, acceleration and handling. I'm also thinking about getting an E36 ('95-'99) M3 as a track car. I love german cars but there are a few bad apples out there. When you are buying a car with a few miles on it you need to bite the bullet and pay a few bucks to have a certified mechanic inspect it. That will give peace of mind and maybe save you a lot of headache down the road. In my opinion nothing drives quite like a BMW.

Thread Information