Get my car faster

So i got a 4 door 1993 plymouth sundace and i was wondering if i could swap engines with an ls1 or something of that nature? I dont have much knowledge but i really want it to go fast.

Thanks

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Best thing for that is to install one of the Daytona turbo motors in it and boost it to the moon. LS1 would be a headache in that car.

Black
    99 SS

i think a lawnmower engine would be better suited.

fucking troll

NBM
    99 TA

Do the "drive it off a cliff and collect insurance" mod. Then you will be on your way!

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by trip2016 View Post
    So i got a 4 door 1993 plymouth sundace and i was wondering if i could swap engines with an ls1 or something of that nature? I dont have much knowledge but i really want it to go fast.

Thanks
    DUDE, a friend of mine had the Sundance Duster with the 3.0L V6... that thing was FUN as hell!!!... not the fastest thing around but it would surprise alot of people...specially considering how ugly it is!...I say... sell it and get yourself a nice Trans Am or Camaro...

Good Luck...

Red?
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by trip2016 View Post

Thanks
    If you really want a sleeper Mopar from that era, get rid of the Sundance and pick up a '92-'93 Dodge Daytona Iroc R/T, or, even more of a sleeper, a '91-'92 Dodge Spirit R/T. The Spirits are, admittedly, ugly, boxy cars, but that just adds to the shock value when you spank a Mustang or an F-body. They were limited production, but had a ton of potential. They had a 2.2 litre engine with an all-forged bottom end, 16-valve DOHC Lotus head, and Intercooled Turbo with a bulletproof 5-speed. They were rated at 224 horsepower from the factory, but many put 190 or more to the wheels totally stock. The head flows equal to slightly better than that of the SRT-4, and adding a 100 horsepower or more is simple: Free-flowing exhaust, hybrid turbo, more efficient intercooler, more fuel, more boost, and a HP computer. My '91 R/T, being a FWD, is hard to launch, of course, but from a roll, at just over 2,900 lbs, it will easily walk a stock LS1. I've done it many times, and played hell with Mustangs. It even takes my stalled '01 Z28 in the quarter. Stay away from doing a RWD V8 conversion unless you have alot of money or technical knowledge.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

So do you have a stock or modded spirit r/t because stock the're suppose to run a 14.5 1/4 mile, I agree awesome sleeper. My cousin was wanting one pretty bad.

Red?
    2001 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    So do you have a stock or modded spirit r/t because stock the're suppose to run a 14.5 1/4 mile, I agree awesome sleeper. My cousin was wanting one pretty bad.
    It's modded. 50-Trim turbo, big Spearco intercooler, upgraded fuel injectors, complete 3'' exhaust from turbo back with Ultraflow muffler, FWD-Performance Trim Cal(sort of a poor man's programmable ECU), and 16 psi boost. I only had it on the dyno once, before I bought the Trim Cal, and it was disappointing. It topped out at 271.6 hp, at 12 psi. The lifters are often noisy on these things, and it turns out the knock sensor was mistaking the lifter noise for detonation, and the computer was pulling timing and boost. I never put it back on the dyno again, but after I solved the knock sensor problem and installed the Trim Cal, I picked up a solid 6 mph in the quarter over my pre-dyno best at the aforementioned 16 psi.
    I actually have an extra, ported cylinder head with custom grind cams, ported intake and exhaust manifolds, and an Alky kit. I also have a rebuilt tranny with a Quaife LSD still in the crate. I've yet to install any of these parts on the car. I planned to shoot for 500 hp with this set-up. The cams, head, and intake were actually done for me by a fellow who has already posted those type of numbers. I got sidetracked on this project when I decided I wanted the '01 Z. The R/T IS an awesome sleeper.....in a straight line! But it handles every bit as badly as a stock Fox-bodied Mustang.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

damn, any pics?

Thread Information