Black
    94 Supra Turbo

First Ride in Modded Shelby GT500

Went to drop off my buddy at goodyear to get his new Kumho's put on his 04 Cobra.

When we got there was when the fun began. The owner of Goodyear, is a professional driver for Ford. So low and behold what was sitting in his shop, was a brand new Shelby GT500, courtesy of Ford. Since this guy drives for Ford, he already had some goodies installed on the car. The GT500 had long tube headers, intake and a custom borla exhaust. With current setup, the flywheel horepower is around 600. Now for the ride!

I can say, I never felt a stock Shelby before but this one was awesome! It felt light and tight! This thing had a bottom end that only my Supra could only dream of. For a car with so much weight, it pulled with serious authority! I know top end it won't hold a candle to mine but if I'm caught sleeping, I could get an eye opening experience.

Now I know this was a pro driver, so an average person behind the wheel may feel quite different and drive not as aggressive. As for my ride in this Shelby, it will be one I will never forget. I definitely have to give Kudos where Kudos is due!

567rwhp@16 psi, 777rwhp@26 psi, 825rwhp@28 psi
    Justin Nenni Tuned

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SupraSonic View Post
    Went to drop off my buddy at goodyear to get his new Kumho's put on his 04 Cobra.

When we got there was when the fun began. The owner of Goodyear, is a professional driver for Ford. So low and behold what was sitting in his shop, was a brand new Shelby GT500, courtesy of Ford. Since this guy drives for Ford, he already had some goodies installed on the car. The GT500 had long tube headers, intake and a custom borla exhaust. With current setup, the flywheel horepower is around 600. Now for the ride!

I can say, I never felt a stock Shelby before but this one was awesome! It felt light and tight! This thing had a bottom end that only my Supra could only dream of. For a car with so much weight, it pulled with serious authority! I know top end it won't hold a candle to mine but if I'm caught sleeping, I could get an eye opening experience.

Now I know this was a pro driver, so an average person behind the wheel may feel quite different and drive not as aggressive. As for my ride in this Shelby, it will be one I will never forget. I definitely have to give Kudos where Kudos is due!
    Well considering that the car doesn't have nearly as much RWHP as your Supra, it obviously isn't going to have the top end power of your car with those mods.

Don't underestimate the 4V Cobra motor in the top end, those heads can really breathe compared to the old 2V engines. With the DOHC setup, those motors are all about top end power, it would be even more powerful than your Supra motor with more mods. Not to mention it doesn't have turbo lag, and it makes great low end power while still having awesome top end pull.

Its an excellent combination - its got the low end power of a large displacement V8, the 4V heads for excellent top end power, and lag free F/I via the Roots S/C. If only the car wasn't so damn heavy, it would be much faster than it is.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

you need to post pics/ vids of you supa in the member's rides section or the multimedia section

Thread Information