I don't see how this pertains to a Camaro

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

crap, forgot i was still in the camaro section

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

Ehh if buick does a turbo car id like to see a retro regal from the eighties that was black and turbo if you know what I mean!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    2002 WS6 TA VERT M6 HOOKER SUPER COMPS ORY AND CAT BACK TUNE DONE BY CHARLES AT GREAD TUNNING!!

2007 Z71 EXTENDED CAB PROGRAMMER COLD AIR
    TRUE DUALS

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by REVNORR82 View Post
    Ehh if buick does a turbo car id like to see a retro regal from the eighties that was black and turbo if you know what I mean!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    he t-types came in more colors than just black. But I agree if they do another regal turbo it should be rwd and it should look like its rwd not like a camry. 220hp isnt enough in a 3500lbs car to be considered sporty.

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

What about a grand national or gnx black all black!!

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

when i first saw the commercial i was praying it was gonna say Grand National at the end.

but then I saw is a 4 cylinder, and im glad its a regal, lol

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by REVNORR82 View Post
    What about a grand national or gnx black all black!!
    Right those were only black but the t-type came in more colors and had a turbo 3.8 aswell.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

4cyl + heavy car = Lumbering sled...

Shows in the 0-60 and 1/4 times imho..

That time was common 20 years ago..
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-08-2011 at 06:07 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black, White
    2001 WS6, 2000 SS Camaro

I have been praying for a Grand National return. I would sell both my F bodies....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

this doesn't do anything for me......auto was high 15's in the quarter. My truck is faster than that....and bigger.....and can haul shit.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by staleycornell View Post
    I have been praying for a Grand National return. I would sell both my F bodies....
    Alot of people have but it would cost gm a butt load and with the new gas mileage cap in 2012 i doubt they will be making a v6 turbo rwd anything, unless its a car they have already designed and just have to throw a new engine into.

It's a nice car I sat in one at the autoshow but way under powered and over priced. You can get a WRX limited for 5k less, it's a lot faster and handles better as well. Heck for a few more $$$ you can get a brand new camaro. I think buick really missed it with this one. If it was 300hp running sub 5 sec 0-60 times they'd have something.

Arctic White, red/gray

Its not supposed to be a performance car. So lets stop comparing it to them. This car is supposed to get 35mpg freeway isnt it? No subaru will do that thanks to AWD. And your not looking at all the options it might have over the wrx only comparing performance which is silly since its not supposed to be a sport sedan.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 03-10-2011 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Its not supposed to be a performance car. So lets stop comparing it to them. This car is supposed to get 35mpg freeway isnt it? No subaru will do that thanks to AWD. And your not looking at all the options it might have over the wrx only comparing performance which is silly since its not supposed to be a sport sedan.
    Really that's why they call it a luxury sport sedan with a racing enspried engine on their website and brochures? It doesn't get 35mpg either the turbo is rated at 30/19 so it's only a few MPGs better than a WRX. What do you think their target demographic is on this car? It's certainly not the over 50 crowd. The under 35 crowd most likely and they are not going to poney up 35k for an underpowered and heavy sports sedan. My GF liked this car and if it had more power and was a little less $$$ she would have seriously considered it. Instead she's in a new WRX. I believe she's exactly the type of person they were targeting mid 30s professional who likes a sporty car. IMO they have missed the mark on this one.

I will say this I realize Buick did not target the WRX with this car. I'm sure they were targeting cars like a lexus IS 250, Audi A4, etc...but these cars have something the Buick lacks a status symbol. For a lot of people saying they drive a lexus, Audi, BMW means something to them so if you are going to draw these buyers in you need something different and I don't see this as offering up anything but another underpowred luxury sports sedan in an already crowded market.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    I will say this I realize Buick did not target the WRX with this car. I'm sure they were targeting cars like a lexus IS 250, Audi A4, etc...but these cars have something the Buick lacks a status symbol. For a lot of people saying they drive a lexus, Audi, BMW means something to them so if you are going to draw these buyers in you need something different and I don't see this as offering up anything but another underpowred luxury sports sedan in an already crowded market.
    I read the msrp for the regal cxl turbo is 28,495. Alot less than the lexus or a4. And the manual is rated at 32mpg freeway.

Went with my mom car shopping a month or so ago. A 2010 audi A4 with the options she wants was 46k fro mthe dealer.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 03-10-2011 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I read the msrp for the regal cxl turbo is 28,495. Alot less than the lexus or a4. And the manual is rated at 32mpg freeway.

Went with my mom car shopping a month or so ago. A 2010 audi A4 with the options she wants was 46k fro mthe dealer.
    The sticker on the one we looked at was 35k. I never said it wasn't cheaper just missed the mark that's all. I think if Buick wants to play in this market they need to do more than just beat the price of the competition. After all most of these cars are status symbols and hold their value better. If this thing had 300hp and could really out perform these other vehicles they might have something.

The price of the A4 is just absurd but the car looks great and people buy them despite poor resale value and being very expensive to maintain.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Great looking car! I think the new Buicks are sexy!

Not impressed with the turbo 4 though. The auto is rated at 19/30?

The old 3.8L was rated at the same, while making more power with a decades old design. Where's the progress there? And a friend of mine has a '00 3.8L Regal. We went to PA a few years ago, we did over 400 miles on one tank, then did the math after filling it and had gotten 33mpg. Pretty damn impressive fora big car with a big V6.

I think people are drinking the kool-aid when it comes to these turbo 4's, in most cases a bigger 6 will get the same mileage. I'm not impressed with any 4 banger that gets under 35mpg.

Car and Driver did a comparo a few years ago of a few cars that came in V6 and turbo 4's...the V6's all got better mileage.

I actually really like the Lucerne, I'm kicking around the idea of getting one for a DD. But I want a pre-08 model, since they have the 3.8L.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information