Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

You say Fiero, I say Ferrari (Project Ferrero)

So a couple weeks ago I picked up a '86 Fiero in pretty rough shape, not running, and more mouse nest's than you could shake a stick at..... This is its build....

I have since then started to tear out all the interior and battle the mice back to the wild, start ordering parts, and learn as much as i can about these lil mid engine messes....

The rough plan for this project is to swap either a turbo or Supercharged 3.8l V-6 into it, full interior restore, and probably somewhat of a rebody.... those who can help with info along the way it will be greatly appreciated, as this is my first project of this size, so subscribe and stay tuned!

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

for those of you who have built motors from the ground up, ive been told i would be better off buying a SC 3.8 crate for its forged internals and such instead of putting forged parts into the N/A 3.8 that i already have, opinions?

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

You can pick up SC 3.8 V6 from buick GS's, Park Ave.'s, Riveria's and Grand Prix GTP's in the 2001-2003. I would shop the salvage yards first.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Factory L67 internals aren't forged. Same blocks and crank so your block will be just fine if planning a forged bottom end. L32 aka Series 3 have powder forged rods which are stronger but not a must have if I'm building anything building a regular street car. I'd just look for healthy blower engine to start with and go heads and cam or even leave.it stock for getting it up and running for now. They'll hold up for awhile unless you get an Intense tune

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

its up and running already with the stock motor, so i wanna go pretty wild with the 3.8, then throw it in, im not real worried about it being down for awile, i have the TA and the Silverado for DD's

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    Factory L67 internals aren't forged. Same blocks and crank so your block will be just fine if planning a forged bottom end. L32 aka Series 3 have powder forged rods which are stronger but not a must have if I'm building anything building a regular street car. I'd just look for healthy blower engine to start with and go heads and cam or even leave.it stock for getting it up and running for now. They'll hold up for awhile unless you get an Intense tune
    How much power do you need in a Fiero any way ? You put 300 hp in that little car and it should fly. Remember he has to bulk up the rest of the drivetrain to match the power. I do not see the benefit of pouring thousands of dollars in a Fiero. Throw the engine in and do a few mods to the suspension and you should me fine for a beater. The sound of a mid engine blower motor should be cooool, even in a Fiero.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    its up and running already with the stock motor, so i wanna go pretty wild with the 3.8, then throw it in, im not real worried about it being down for awile, i have the TA and the Silverado for DD's
    Check out ZZPerformance, 3800Performance, Intense Racing, and WBodyPerformance. All of those places have all of the pats you'll need for your radical build.

My one pointer...if you do go forged internals and ARP hardware, get a machine shop to professionally assemble it. 3800s are finicky about align-honing and proper torquing of all bolts.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Subscribed. Don't see many of these cars anymore. Looks like a solid foundation for a very cool project.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

well after 2 gallons of bleach, 3000psi scalding water, and a set of soaked clothes, it no longer smells like mouse! Got the floor pans buffed up and repainted, peek hole covers painted, ignition switch wired in along with push button start, using relays and all! pretty proud of myself on that one, as i am not all that great with wiring and had never used relays before... carpet should be in sometime this week and i can start putting stuff back together!

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

It looks great so far. Keep the pictures coming.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Nice work, Wade.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Subbed in. Good work to-date!

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Fun little car. I almost traded a bike for one a long time ago.

I would strongly recommend that you look for a 98-02 wiring harness. It will make your life so much easier.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

I have the Harness off a 96, same boat? also update, carpet is in along with drivers seat, steering hub adapter ordered, and shifter re-bent to my specs

1967 Chevy Chevelle
    2008 Hummer H3 Alpha

It looks like its coming along nicely. Back in my college days I had a buddy that had a Fiero and we cruised that thing everywhere.
    There are some things you just can't test in a white lab coat.

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

What wiring harness are we talking about?

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

Have you considered a v-8 swap? Check out this place V-8 Archie -- Pontiac Fiero V-8 Kits and Kit Cars. They've even got info and kits for ls1 conversions.

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    Have you considered a v-8 swap? Check out this place V-8 Archie -- Pontiac Fiero V-8 Kits and Kit Cars. They've even got info and kits for ls1 conversions.
    3800s are cheaper power and cheaper to fix if something breaks. They're the best for a budget build like this.

Thread Information