82blayser

What do you think of this?

67 with a 6 cylinder what is this engine?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

gold
    2000 honder accord

beautiful car 455hd swap?

hypo yellow
    2002 vx ss

holden

That motor is a Australian Holden 6cyl could be 173 186 or 202 cubic inch,it should be stammed on the block aroumd the dizzy Cheers Nav

white
    98 Ram air T/A Ls1/T-56

Looks to me like one of the sprint six optioned cars.

82blayser
    wont know until I own the car..

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Looks like a plain 'ol 230/250ci Chevy "stove bolt" straight six to me, just like the one in my dad's old '74 Ventura. The sprint-6 engine was OHC, this is definately a push-rod straight-6. A 'bird w/ the OHC motor would have an emblem on the hood too.

Hey, dare to be different, this motor is capable of some serious TQ/HP if you know what you are doing. I've seen folks run 11s w/ these engines, people would crap once you pop the hood on this after blowing their doors off.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag View Post
    Looks like a plain 'ol 230/250ci Chevy "stove bolt" straight six to me, just like the one in my dad's old '74 Ventura. The sprint-6 engine was OHC, this is definately a push-rod straight-6. A 'bird w/ the OHC motor would have an emblem on the hood too.

Hey, dare to be different, this motor is capable of some serious TQ/HP if you know what you are doing. I've seen folks run 11s w/ these engines, people would crap once you pop the hood on this after blowing their doors off.

82blayser
    I'd love to sup this thing up...but, how much would it cost compared to just dropping a v8

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I say stick with the 6 and hot rod it.

82blayser
    Arrgghhhh!!!!

The owner said they know they could get more than 4.5k for it and they want to advertise and park it on the street for 6k....... its still a good deal but Im just pissed that they would string me along like this...

I knew it was to good to be true.. I got them to go for 5.5k... what do you guys think.. should I do it.

Well I don't know what part of the country we are talking about,,,,but if it's rust free, solid, good title and mostly complete,,,then ya it's probably worth the money.

Since I see 6 cylinder novas and camaros all the time going for that kind of money and even more,,(and some of them are rough),,I don't see why the 67-8-9 firebirds have taken so long to catch on,,,,but they are starting to now. Get it while you can if the car is right. Goodluck.

Added bonus since it's a stick shift in my book,,,,with the clutch pedals already in place it's ripe for a cool V-8 4-speed swap.

Thread Information