2 10.00%

Thread: Stock or mods

black
    1999 pontiac T/A WS-6

Question Stock or mods

whos don Whatand what works best

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

It really depends on the Owner and the car. If the car is a low number car, then hell NO.

But if it is the generic run of the mill model that was produced like crazy (i.e. Basic model), then HELL YES!!!

black
    1999 pontiac T/A WS-6

Thumbs up

Depending on Yr 2000 and newer WS6 was high Production # Formula are usually low Z28 versa SS I agree the lower the # the more it worth in the long run all stock @ 30 ys old

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

my 2000 ss camaro I have added mostly bolt on stuff that can easily be removed and put back to stock. The only apearance mods I have done are the ss stripes (Which I love) and 15% window tint. I also got new zo6 wheels but kept the orginal ss wheels.
    My 71 ss el camino, Basicly body wise is stock, Interior I added some Recaro bucket seats that match the stock black interior. My motor is a built 402 Big block with 11:1 pistons, Edlebrock performer rpm airgap manifold and matching cam kit, 750 Demon carb, Hooker super comp headers, 3 inch duels with flowmasters.TH-400 tranny with shift kit and a 3500 stall. Stock 3.73 12 bolt posi. Chrome throughout the whole car was all re dipped, and painted the stock silver with black ss stripes. I just wish my new camaro was as easy to work on as my old muscle cars!!!!
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

Hmmmm, tough question for some people. It really depends on the car for me. I have 10 cars at the moment and they all fall into their own catagory,,,some I don't mind tinkering with and others I cannot touch.

My wife has a 71 454 corvette that is a 32,000 mile survivor car and is about 95% original other than battery and tire replacement,,,,I can't modify this car for obvious reasons.
    My 72 SS 454 chevelle has been with me for about 25 years now, and was a bone stocker when I got it. I have kept everything off the car, including the original engine/trans that is bagged and tagged. Although the car still appears stock visually I currently run a 638 HP 454 in it and love to race the car at muscle car events. It's not cut on and can easily be returned to stock.
    My 70 Formula 400 firebird is rather rare, a ram air III with automatic, only 298 produced in 1970. It's completely stock, used to run the car in factory stock muscle car races back in the late 80's, and rules required the car to be completely stock, it has remained that way to this day, still enjoy driving it now and then.
    My 97 Z28 vert is my wifes daily ride, and it's a bone stock LT1/6speed and I have no desire to even tinker with it, for the simple fact that I am bored with it.
    I recently picked up an 02 SS vert in navy blue metallic,,,only 59 made so it's a little scarce,,,,but I plan to tinker with the car anyway,,,with some bolt ons and other goodies, but the car will not be cut on in any way,,,only simple bolt on stuff.
    I have a monza that I drive, and play with currently running a 406/muncie 4 speed combo,,,this car is not worth anything really, so pretty much anything goes on this car, and I have fun experimenting with it.

My 79 chevrolet 1 ton pickup (single axle) started out as my tow vehicle with a factory 454/400 turbo and 3.73 gears. I started doing bolt ons with it at first for more towing power and grunt. Started with headers and a full dual 3 inch exhaust, performer camshaft and matching performer intake. Then the carb came off for some custom calibration and a good timing curve in the distributor. Custom ramair setup with duct work up to the core support etc. etc......Although not a rare truck it is rather unique and generally gets more comments than any particular car I may have on the trailer. Although I got all the towing grunt I wanted out of it,,,,one day I was talked into unhooking it from the trailer and making a pass in it. So I ran the truck through tech and paid for another tech card ,,,to my surprise it ran 14.60 right off the bat so I decided to have my buddy drive it and go a few rounds,,,bawahahahaha.
    I have others I tinker with but I have typed enough, sorry for the long post.

black
    1999 pontiac T/A WS-6

Thumbs up This is what it about

My 99 Is stock no mods 1971 Elcamino is a true 454LS5 stock 12 bolt poise 4:10 with factory tag Nice driver You have cars ID love to Owen This is interest I like to see the mods ars head
    Last edited by moesplace; 07-18-2007 at 05:49 PM. Reason: to add

2000 Camaro SS
    1969 Z28 JL8 crossram, #'

My 70 Camaro SS396 with the L78 motor is 1 of 600 made, #'s matching engine and has GM of Canada documentation with it so it's pretty rare. But you have to run headers and a healthy(dual 3" pipes) exhaust to make it run right. It also has a different cam and HEI distributor. It can be put back to stock, but it won't be as much fun to drive.
    2000 Camaro SS
    1969 Z28 JL8 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, #'s matching - being restored

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

I'm all for putting mods and your own custom touches to your cars. Except in the case of extremely rare cars i think you should do some stuff to your car to truly make it yours.

I have a bunch of mods on my 69 camaro.

Filled body seams, fiberglass L-88 Baldwin motion hood. Shaved the doors and installed a popper system, also filled in all four marker lights (hated those things)
    Lowered, 17 inch rims and tires. Bot rid of the rear seat and made a custom board in the back to hold subs and speakers. custom daytona metallic blue paint. and starting in the next few months im pulling the original 307 and dropping in an LT1 and a T56. yah!! for the aftermarket and lots of mods

black
    1999 pontiac T/A WS-6

Cool Mods

90% MODS 10% Stock No Lots No full blowen Come on Who got WHAT

Black/Silver
    1999 Camaro Z28

had a full blown car... sorta... It was a 92 Caprice/Impala Clone, slammed on Chrome 20's, full LT4 swap, Blown, 550 intake/exhaust cams, hooker headers, bigger injectors, AFR 195cc SBC heads, laptop tuned by a buddy of mine, stripped rear interior, Custom sub enclosure, DVD touch screen stereo deck, Real Cherry Oak Interior, Swapped Stearing Cloumn, B&M floor mega Shifter, 4000 stall, Muncie Rear end, and bought it with gears already in it never did bother to check the size of them tho... but they lasted through all my beating them up lol. I had about the only one of those cars pulling up to 60+mph over stock, and running 12's in a quarter mile on Kumo low pro street/comp tires... yeah seams slow... the car was still pretty heavy lol. stupid sub enclosure weighed around 600lbs (3, 12's n 2, 10's). Unfortunately I never had the car dynoed before I sold everything. Ive been regretting gettin rid of her for 4 years now...
    Last edited by NightRyda805; 08-03-2007 at 04:14 AM. Reason: missed something lol

Thread Information