Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

Talking So what do YOU think....

this is my budget 69 Camaro build up so far, and the plans i have for it. Id like to hear what you think of what i've done, what u like and don't like, and what u would do with it on a college kids budget

Mods so far...
    SUSPENSION:
    Large front and rear sway bars
    poly-urethane bushings all around
    2 inch drop coils
    Z-28 rear leaf springs
    Gas-a-just shocks
    11 inch drilled and slotted disc brakes (4)
    17 inch 5 spoke rims, 245 tires

BODY:
    filled body seams
    marker lights welded up
    shaved doors/ popper system
    limo tint
    shaved antenna
    L-88 fiberglass hood
    Xenon lights with BMW halos

INTERIOR:
    4 point race harness
    race seats
    rear seat delete
    Carbon fiber dash
    after market gauges
    Polk audio and sub/amp
    B and M shifter

future plans that are in the works are an LT1 and T56 swap, as well sub fame connectors and a ford 9 inch rear end.

car gets painted Daytona metallic clearcoat blue in 2 weeks at my school, its the color in the jams.... i just painted the jams thats why the doors are off

waddya think?

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Lookin good, The color will look awesome on that car and I like your insterments.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

awesome, cant wait to see it when its finished

black
    1999 pontiac T/A WS-6

Thumbs up why not a LS1

LT1 CAN BE SET UP NICE Why Not An LS motor!

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by moesplace View Post
    LT1 CAN BE SET UP NICE Why Not An LS motor!
    poor!

haha unfortunatly i have the hugely unpopular "college kid" syndrom, and its taking all the money i have to get my hands on an LT engine....

my first choice of course would be an LS, but circumstances dictate and all that....

black
    1969 camaro

What size wheels and tires are you running? is there room for larger ? If you could be specific I would be appreciative, I also have a 69 W/ multileafs, ls6, front mount rack/pinion stock body, black on black. Have 98 camaro discs at 4 corners and am looking at wheel tire combos that fit w/o rubbing. Any help would be appreciated.

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by fatelvis7 View Post
    What size wheels and tires are you running? is there room for larger ? If you could be specific I would be appreciative, I also have a 69 W/ multileafs, ls6, front mount rack/pinion stock body, black on black. Have 98 camaro discs at 4 corners and am looking at wheel tire combos that fit w/o rubbing. Any help would be appreciated.
    wow, you poor bastard,how rough it must be for you to have an LS6... how ever do you manage.... hahahah man thats a wicked motor, t56 or auto?

For wheels and tires im running P245/45R17 on all four corners, and thats with two inch lowering springs in the front. I am pretty sure the offset was 4.5 inches, and the rims are 8 by 17 inches on all four corners. I ended up having to pull the wheels and smack the inner fender a bit becaseu of the wheelrubbing slightly on dips and harder thatn normal turns due to the lowering springs.

I also rolled the fenders. But there is definetly room to go bigger with maybe and inch more room for offset in the back, maybe even in the front. Wish i could remember where i bought the wheels cause i got a great deal for them online.

hope this helped a bit

Black/Silver
    1999 Camaro Z28

ok just to throw this one out there I know a way to get a stock LS1 block for just a lil over 3k... Its actually the engine out of the CTS-V but it fits inside the 98-02 camaro with only switching the oil pan over from the actual block... just letting you know you can order it through the dealer, I might even be able to get you the item # for ya.

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by NightRyda805 View Post
    ok just to throw this one out there I know a way to get a stock LS1 block for just a lil over 3k... Its actually the engine out of the CTS-V but it fits inside the 98-02 camaro with only switching the oil pan over from the actual block... just letting you know you can order it through the dealer, I might even be able to get you the item # for ya.
    I appreciate the attempt, but three K is way to expensive for me... esspecially just for the block. and i need a transmission as well.

And im getting a pretty sweet deal with the LT1

ITs an LT1 , T56, wiring harness, ecm, All accessories, water pump, opti-spark, clutch assembly and pedals, and radiator with tubing for 2300. So its nearly everything i need for a good price, just seems like the smart short term solution.

eventually when im out of college and making decent money my baby will be getting a stroked LS2, or at least thats the hope, guess well see.

Black/Silver
    1999 Camaro Z28

in that case just try not to smash on that LT1 too much, not exactly user friendly blocks hehe.

pewter
    99 Trans Am

Is that a stock hood with scoop abbed or is it new with scoop made on it?I ask because I have a scoop that I have tried to keep on my charger that I put on, but it keeps cracking after a year or so. If put on what did you do and do you think it will stay?

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Very nice that color is going to look awsome. Wow 2300 for LT1 trans etc? Must be the area. Most LT1 pullouts (trans and computers etc.) around here run around 12-1800 max.

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Street Fighter View Post
    Is that a stock hood with scoop abbed or is it new with scoop made on it?I ask because I have a scoop that I have tried to keep on my charger that I put on, but it keeps cracking after a year or so. If put on what did you do and do you think it will stay?
    its actually just a full fiberglass mold, no attaching various parts, just one big mold with a square fiberglass support underneath. havnt had any problems with it so far, but then its only a few months old.

I painted the car 4 days ago in my auto body class. here it is...

Pewter
    02 Z28

it looks sweet

black
    1969 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 69camarokid View Post
    I appreciate the attempt, but three K is way to expensive for me... esspecially just for the block. and i need a transmission as well.

And im getting a pretty sweet deal with the LT1

ITs an LT1 , T56, wiring harness, ecm, All accessories, water pump, opti-spark, clutch assembly and pedals, and radiator with tubing for 2300. So its nearly everything i need for a good price, just seems like the smart short term solution.

eventually when im out of college and making decent money my baby will be getting a stroked LS2, or at least thats the hope, guess well see.
    3k???, wow for that I can get ls1,4l60e pullouts complete... check ebay before you overpay for gods sake... smaller local midwest junkyards are good sources too. don't buy from dealers, they over charge...
    The prices I hear from the east and west coast are way too inflated.
    I bought my lt1/4l60e 5K miles 8 years ago for $2200, still have not used it( in a 39 chevy sedan rod project (kids)). I have been selling 50k mile combos for no more than $1500, Sorry I don't have any now. Price shop dude, Price shop!

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

Nice job, wish I was 21 and had a camaro like that, great start kid! BTW-what color is that? (IE brand, trade name...) Really nice.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

love the car, not a big fan of shaved door handles on musclecars but other than that it looks awesome, now find a RS/SS hideaway headlight grille and drop your LT-1/T-56 in and talk about sexy.
    2006 impulse blue G.T.O
    Iron Block 408
    Cam
    Pacesetter ceramic coated L.T.s
    LMII exhaust
    K&N CAI
    Ported TB
    Custom Tune
    FAST 90
    ZEX 125hp wet shot

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

DAMN!!! That is a BRIGHT BLUE!!!

Looks like a damn fine paint job! Nice work!!

looking forward to seeing all the chrome and everything back on it too!

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by fatelvis7 View Post
    3k???, wow for that I can get ls1,4l60e pullouts complete... check ebay before you overpay for gods sake... smaller local midwest junkyards are good sources too. don't buy from dealers, they over charge...
    The prices I hear from the east and west coast are way too inflated.
    I bought my lt1/4l60e 5K miles 8 years ago for $2200, still have not used it( in a 39 chevy sedan rod project (kids)). I have been selling 50k mile combos for no more than $1500, Sorry I don't have any now. Price shop dude, Price shop!
    i think u may have read that post wrong, i dint pay 3k, the other guy was offering an ls1 block for 3k.... i got the LT1 and t56, with everything, and i mean everything for 2300.

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157 View Post
    Nice job, wish I was 21 and had a camaro like that, great start kid! BTW-what color is that? (IE brand, trade name...) Really nice.
    the paint is called Daytona Blue Metallic Clearcoat... its actually a Nissan paint that is optional for the 350Z. its paint code B17. A freind painted his 69 mustang fastback in the same color from PPG, and i did mine from Dupont.

we both agreed the Dupont came out a little nicer, and it was 200 cheaper, so i would recommend it through them, ull love the color, it pops like no other in the sunlight!

Thread Information