Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Nostalgia Drags at the Beaver

We went down to Beaver Springs this weekend for the Nostalgia Drags. This event is held in conjunction with the York U.S. 30 Reunion and features both period cars and special guests from back in the day. The event got off to a late start on Saturday due to rain and Dawn, Zach, Sammie and I went up and caught some of the evening action while waiting for Dan to arrive. Sunday was quite hot and the racing was excellent. Just one of those events that is amazing to see in person. I don't have many action shots as my digital camera is dated and has a lousy zoom... plus it was too crowded down by the burnout box and at the line to really capture the cars launching. Here's a taste though of what we saw:

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Great shots Jeff. Sox & Martin, Jungle Jim Liberman, Mopars, Fords and GM classics. Wow, you must have had a great day. Jungle Jim was my favorite racer in the 60's and 70's. I grew up living in Old Bridge, NJ from 1960 to 1970 and we lived 5 miles from E-Town when it was a little track not the monster it is today. I saw Jungle many times in the 60's, Jungle Pam was hot. Even at 9 years old I was in love with those hooters and short shorts. Memories. Thanks for the pics.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

She definitely wore some interesting outfits back then. I think the Jungle Jim car red lighted in the first or second round. One of the special guests yesterday was Linda Vaughn. They did a parade lap down the track with all the special guests in 4 convertible GTO's, and she was there signing autographs and posing for pictures -- pretty damn cool.

Thread Information