Thread: Future Project?

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Future Project?

My Uncle-in-Law's 1972 AMX Javelin SST...came to his house in a BOX brand new. Came with a 401ci engine, he spun a rod bearing doing 140 down the highway....by that time, the AMC 401ci engine was not to be found anywhere....so he had to put the smaller 360ci engine (not a Dodge engine, an AMC engine) in it...put 15 miles on that engine and had to park it, for various reasons...mostly having to do with the lack of finances...and here it is today...........still in good shape for sitting out in the weather for many years. We have recently talked about getting it going again, the only problem being that when Chrysler bought out AMC, they only really wanted the Jeep logo, the rest of everything, all the tooling, everything, went to a big warehouse in B.F.E., which means no OEM or aftermarket parts, only specialty shops few and far between....and expensive as hell.......anyway here are a few pics of it where it sits for now.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Pictures dont work.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

OMG! N50-15's! I had a set of those mounted on some Cragar SS's (just like in the pix LOL) on the back of my 69 Chevelle back in the mid-70's. They were the widest treaded tire you could get back then.

What a trip down memory lane.....

White Liquid Silver
    2000 Camaro SS/ 02 YZF-R1

that's a rare find and worth keeping around.

Black
    98 Camaro

A guy here in town has I believe more than 10 Javelins, all in awesome condition. He even made one into a race car for the local dirt track too. Awesome cars.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I too remember those old S/S Crager rims and the much sought after N50's! Man I'm laughing over here. If you had that combo, you were the S*&#! Not only that, but my friend would pay dearly for that late 70's era Suzuki Owners maual on the passenger seat. He has looked for years for one of those for his 1978 GS1000. That car seems to have faired pretty well for sitting outside all these years, good old American steel. I think it used to be 1/4 inch thick on cars back then...lol

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

The really funny thing is, his first wife had a car just like it...but it didn't have the 401, and was a LOT quieter. So they would go out in her car and challenge people to a race at what we call '4 Corners', then go and pick up his, and make some money

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by 98camaro View Post
    A guy here in town has I believe more than 10 Javelins, all in awesome condition. He even made one into a race car for the local dirt track too. Awesome cars.

I'd like to know where he gets parts for those!! (Unless he did what a lot of people do and swap out with Ford or Dodge engines....)

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    Pictures dont work.

....Sorry, they seem to be working for others. Maybe you just need to refresh? They came straight from photobucket. I'm not sure, I've never had a problem with people seeing my pics

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

They work now haha. Dont know what happened. But nice find. That engine bay looks like it could clean up really nice with just some polish.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

ooo man i like those old javelins . . . i thought i had one, i believe it was a 72 also, for free from our junk yard guy, in descent shape too. . . . but he crushed it

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by 01LSS6Camaro View Post
    I too remember those old S/S Crager rims and the much sought after N50's! Man I'm laughing over here. If you had that combo, you were the S*&#! Not only that, but my friend would pay dearly for that late 70's era Suzuki Owners maual on the passenger seat. He has looked for years for one of those for his 1978 GS1000. That car seems to have faired pretty well for sitting outside all these years, good old American steel. I think it used to be 1/4 inch thick on cars back then...lol
    If you're serious, talk to your friend and I will talk to the owner of the Owner's Manual. We'll see if we can't get something worked out. Yeah, that car is just now starting to show signs of rust...and we're taking measures for that this weekend. I love those Cragers...I'd put em on my SS if they would fit...well, I don't know about that. I'm partial to my ZR-1's

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

FYI: Can't post a website address (due to the rules) but Cragar does make S/S rims in 17" and 18" diameters these days (14 X 6 up to 18 X 9).

Thread Information