1992 Firebird
    1998 Camaro SS

Is this a decent deal?

I went and looked at a Dodge Dart today. Car has a pretty decent paint job, trunk has small amount of rust, but other than that the car is in fairly good shape and sounds amazing. Guy is firm at 10k. Here is the ad-
    Dodge Dart Sport, 360 roller motor, heads ported polished intake matched, balanced, big cam and more, built 904 automatic transmission with reverse manual valve body, 3500 stall, gate type shifter, ford 9 inch rear end, 390 richmond gears, 3 way adjustable drag shocks front and rear , 3 inch exhaust with flowmasters, aluminum radiator and 4 line trans cooler, all MSD ignition & timing retard, rev limiter with adjustable chips, dual fuel pumps, all auto meter gauges include monster tack with shift light, 2 fuel pressure gages 1 for each fuel pump , oil pressure, volts, temp, NOS pressure, completely set up for NOS, 250 shot NOS (not yet used) 2 full NOS bottles with heaters and blankets in trunk, weld wheels new MT front runners good rears, new battery trunk mounted, jaz front seats, too much to list, lots of money spent on all the right parts and pieces, this car was redone few years ago and it is in very good condition, have all paperwork for motor and pics during restoration, sounds awesome, quick and strong, runs and drives excellent, drive anywhere, very street friendly, this car has no issues, get in and drive

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dart2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	23627Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dart4.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	23628Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dart.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	23629Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dart6.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	23630

1992 Firebird
    1998 Camaro SS

and yes I know it is a Mopar and isnt powered by an LS but I just would like to know what you guys think

Well, you can't build anything like that for the money he is asking, so in that sense, ya it's a good deal.
    On the other hand, it appears to be about a 74 model (can't tell in small picture) which isn't the most desirable body style with the big crash bumpers and all. After 72 the prices drop substantially. So it's not going to be a collectable by any means.
    If you want something to tool around in for some fun, and be different than everyone else, it's a great price to get into something and turn the key.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by samuraidonkey View Post
    I went and looked at a Dodge Dart today. Car has a pretty decent paint job, trunk has small amount of rust, but other than that the car is in fairly good shape and sounds amazing. Guy is firm at 10k. Here is the ad-
    Dodge Dart Sport, 360 roller motor, heads ported polished intake matched, balanced, big cam and more, built 904 automatic transmission with reverse manual valve body, 3500 stall, gate type shifter, ford 9 inch rear end, 390 richmond gears, 3 way adjustable drag shocks front and rear , 3 inch exhaust with flowmasters, aluminum radiator and 4 line trans cooler, all MSD ignition & timing retard, rev limiter with adjustable chips, dual fuel pumps, all auto meter gauges include monster tack with shift light, 2 fuel pressure gages 1 for each fuel pump , oil pressure, volts, temp, NOS pressure, completely set up for NOS, 250 shot NOS (not yet used) 2 full NOS bottles with heaters and blankets in trunk, weld wheels new MT front runners good rears, new battery trunk mounted, jaz front seats, too much to list, lots of money spent on all the right parts and pieces, this car was redone few years ago and it is in very good condition, have all paperwork for motor and pics during restoration, sounds awesome, quick and strong, runs and drives excellent, drive anywhere, very street friendly, this car has no issues, get in and drive

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dart2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	23627Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dart4.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	23628Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dart.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	23629Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dart6.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	23630
    I go back many years with Mopar. I raced Hemi's and 6 Pac's in the late 70's and built A and B bodies in the next two decades. I say put 9500.00 in an envelope and hand it to him. Once he has the cash in hand the car will be yours. The drive train is worth over 7k so you will be getting a good deal. Good luck

1992 Firebird
    1998 Camaro SS

Thanks for the info guys. I am going to go check out a few other cars this week and not rush into anything quite yet. I figured it was not the most desirable year but at the same time I like that not everyone has one so Ill mull it over.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Sharp looking car and one that you don't see a whole lot of anymore. I agree that the parts alone exceed the asking price. Just be sure to look it over real good and ask all the questions that you can think of. Try everything to make sure it works -- lights, wipers and all the other crap that can nickel and dime you on a car. Look for evidence of past body work or sheetmetal replacement, inspect body gaps and alignment of panels, look for leaks, pull the dipsticks, radiator cap and oil fill cap to see what lurks inside. Allow the car to run and come fully up to temp -- be sure to watch the exhaust on cold startup and on revs to see if it puffs blue smoke.

Thread Information