Thread: Cyclone headers

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Cyclone headers

Does anybody know, or have access to a fitment catalog for these headers? My uncle gave them to me 8 years ago, they are a 3-tube design he bought for his '66 GTO about 10 years before that and never installed. I'd like to think they would fit my '68 Le Mans, but I don't know for sure. The only ID on them is a Cyclone tag, and no part number anywhere. I know they are not top of the line, but would be a big improvement over the stock log style manifolds I currently have. I am going to change a lot of engine components on that car this summer, and an exhaust upgrade is one of them.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Does anybody know, or have access to a fitment catalog for these headers? My uncle gave them to me 8 years ago, they are a 3-tube design he bought for his '66 GTO about 10 years before that and never installed. I'd like to think they would fit my '68 Le Mans, but I don't know for sure. The only ID on them is a Cyclone tag, and no part number anywhere. I know they are not top of the line, but would be a big improvement over the stock log style manifolds I currently have. I am going to change a lot of engine components on that car this summer, and an exhaust upgrade is one of them.
    Cyclone is a name brand. They are owned by Dynomax now. Try Google or check a JEGS catalog for fitmet.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I've done some research, what I've found so far is the same part number for a Hedman 3-tube for a '67 and '68 A-body. I can't find anything else yet, but the Hedman results are encouraging.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

OK I got the job done last night, after starting last Sunday. Yes, these headers do fit. I could not put them on the engine and install it that way, the transmission was still in the car. It was the usual PIA to put connect them while in the car, but they are on.

That Le Mans sounds mean now, I forgot how my old engine ran. Has a decent little lope at idle too! The engine came out of my '67 GTO that was totalled in 1998, and it had been sitting on an engine stand in my garage since then, with an occasionaly crank over by hand. She fired right up! I tightened some carburetor gaskets, and so far all is good. Gonna drive her open headers to work, maybe tomorrow.

Thread Information