live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

Question 69 camaro suspension setup ideas??

so im trying to come up with ideas for the suspension on my 69 camaro.Basically i want my camaro to be able to handle as well as a modern car.... i recently replaced the monoleaf springs with Z28 repoduction multileaf springs and polyuerathane bushings. im thinking front rebuild kit with polyuerathane bushings, two inch drop spindles, and gas adjust shocks all around ( wanna go for QA1 coilovers when money allows ) also some sway bars from performance suspension. ride quality isnt to big an issue, just handling but the car is a daily driver... any ideas would help, thanks.

Independant suspension

Check out http://www.waynedue.com/index2.html. I do not personally know any one who has tried out the IFs but the IRs is the best thing on the market right now.

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

I like the Detroit Speed and Engineering front suspension. All the testing that the magazines have done have shown a major improvment. It is also the suspension of choice by alot of the pro-touring guys.

Hugger orange
    69 Z/28

I have used Heidt's tubular control arms and QA-1 coil overs on a couple of cars and loved them. You can get 1" shorter arms to clear bigger rim/tire combo's. I have a brand new (mounted, but never used set of these arms with QA-1 coil overs) that I was going to use on a 69 Z/28 project. Opted to sell the Z totally stock and still have the parts. I also have a Baer brake 13" Track system (full optioned rotors) that was also mounted but never used from this car. If you interested I will take $1,950 for the entire package. email me at jndcleary@cox.net

orange for now
    1969 camaro ss

drop spindles are horrible for handling i have a 69 and can vouch for this....do the guldstrand mod which is free which relocates the upper a arms....then get some better coils and multi leafs....i have the hotchkis tvs kit....which ahs coils leafs and both sway bars.....i also did the ls1 brakes which is off the 98+ camaros or vettes.....also have 92 iroc steerign box....i did all this on a budget and my car handles like a dream....you do not need the expesive sub frames and tubular arms for great handling....check out www.pozziracing.com for first gen suspensio upgrades and the info on why not to use drop spindles......my car sits low and looks great and stops on a dime....any more info email me at icemanfour662005@yahoo.com...i can give you info on all this.. i have 1500 in my front subframe...i took it off and replace every single part with new parts blasted painted and installed ..you dont need tubular arms and other parts...the guldstrand mod does the same trust me ...look at www.pozziracing.com for info on it all... email me we can talk budget great handling...i am 19 with a car that can hang with most any car on the road...

orange for now
    1969 camaro ss

if you want a website just for your car join these i am a member and the help is awesome...www.camaros.net and www.pro-touring.com and www.lateral-g.net all are free and great sites..hope to see you there

Thread Information