Awaiting Activation

Black
    2002 Firehawk

What kind of rwhp from stage II LS6 heads and stock LS6 cam?

I have a bone stock 2002 M6 Firehawk.My friend works for GM and can get LS6 heads and cam for me dirt cheap. If I get a stage II job done on the heads what kind of power can I expect at the rear wheels with a stock LS6 cam?

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Not sure on hp from stg II heads, with a better cam than LS6 (alot of cams out their that are better as in performance gains) but I would hope for at least 60rwhp with heads and cam gain along with tune. I would assume you would be getting a better gain than that depending on what cam you get and how well the heads flow. LS6 stock cam is pretty mild, too mild for me to take the time and cash to purchase and install. just my .02$
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

No way I'd stick a LS6 cam in a 02 FireHawk. Take the heads and have them ported like you said. Then put a 228 or Torquer2 cam in there.

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

Depends how you want the car to behave. Are you wanting a car that sacrifices some low end so you can keep top end? Top end is where you make hp.

There's so many cams out there that I have no idea how the above poster just recommends a Torquer 2 without knowing your goals. There are WAY too many good cams out there to narrow it down to that one.

White
    '02 Formula A4

I'm also interested in this answer except for the 228/.580 cam with ported LS6 heads. Mine car will be daily driven, but I wont alot of power.

Hope this isn't considered thread jacking.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

basically, i have a Comp 224/224 .581/.581 112lsa, and Patriot Performance Stage II ported Ls6 heads, and I am putting down 409/388 to the rear wheels, with other bolt-ons as well. ditch the Ls6 cam and go bigger. a 224 cam is a good under the curve power cam that has a great torque and hp for it's small size. a 228 cam would be fine as well for a daily driver and good for a few more hp/tq than what i have.
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

White
    '02 Formula A4

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    basically, i have a Comp 224/224 .581/.581 112lsa, and Patriot Performance Stage II ported Ls6 heads, and I am putting down 409/388 to the rear wheels, with other bolt-ons as well. ditch the Ls6 cam and go bigger. a 224 cam is a good under the curve power cam that has a great torque and hp for it's small size. a 228 cam would be fine as well for a daily driver and good for a few more hp/tq than what i have.
    Thanks for the answer I will be very happy with my plans then.
    Ok, I just noticed this forum doesn't have any privite messaging.
    OT: what is a SLP lid and a LM(there both in your sig)?

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneLS1 View Post
    Thanks for the answer I will be very happy with my plans then.
    Ok, I just noticed this forum doesn't have any privite messaging.
    OT: what is a SLP lid and a LM(there both in your sig)?
    it does have private messaging. click on the screen name of the person you wish to contact and it is one of the options...

the SLP Lid, is the after market lid, and SLP LM (Loud Mouth) cat-back exhaust system...

if you don't have an aftermarket lid, that needs to be one of the first mods you do. just using SLP as an example...

White
    '02 Formula A4

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    it does have private messaging. click on the screen name of the person you wish to contact and it is one of the options...

the SLP Lid, is the after market lid, and SLP LM (Loud Mouth) cat-back exhaust system...

if you don't have an aftermarket lid, that needs to be one of the first mods you do. just using SLP as an example...

Click for full size
    Thanks for the info man.
    BTW, it only gives me an email option, not a PM option when I click on the user name. No big deal, i'll figure it out,lol.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthrider View Post
    I have a bone stock 2002 M6 Firehawk.My friend works for GM and can get LS6 heads and cam for me dirt cheap. If I get a stage II job done on the heads what kind of power can I expect at the rear wheels with a stock LS6 cam?
    how cheap is cheap?? Wanna hook me up with some heads?

JOSEY FUCKING WALES! Frankthetank's Avatar

Black
    2000 &2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerz1 View Post
    No way I'd stick a LS6 cam in a 02 FireHawk. Take the heads and have them ported like you said. Then put a 228 or Torquer2 cam in there.
    Go toruqer v2...I got it love it and wont ever leave it!

TSP Rumbler, LT's, TSP Tqr2, PRC 921 Springs, Comp Lifters, Chromoly 7.4" Pushrods, Titanium Retainers/Seats/Seals, ARP head bolts, BMR full Rear suspension

"I could break a bowling ball with a plastic hammer in a sandbox"

67 Tempest, click the pic mullenh's Avatar

click avatar
    1967 pontiac

It seems that you are getting a 'price break' from your friend. The LS6 is good (get a pair for me too) but on the cam ask him how much a gm 'hot cam' package would be. The down side on the hot cam is you will need a tune if you have an A4.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    2002 Firehawk

I know I can get a better cam with more performance. But will that cam be between $130-$180. That is what I am going to have to pay for the LS6 cam. This is a daily driven car too. So I am not looking for something that is going to kill my gas mileage and driveability.

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

I know I can get a better cam with more performance. But will that cam be between $130-$180. That is what I am going to have to pay for the LS6 cam. This is a daily driven car too. So I am not looking for something that is going to kill my gas mileage and driveability.
    most cams on this site sell for around $250 that would give you results that you would be pleased with even more than the Ls6 cam. there is a guy selling a 231/231 .595.598 112lsa cam for $250-275 i think. still a good Daily Driver cam and since you would need a tune anyways, why not go bigger, be happy and do it once...

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

It's just a couple of hundred more bucks for a brand new cam. You'll be glad for every penny you spend when you put in the parts you want. Trust me. I made the cheap less desirable mistake the first time around.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    2002 Firehawk

OK there are waaaay better choices than a LS6 head and cam. But my question is how much power at the rear wheels will LS6 stage II heads and a LS6 cam make?

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Without headers, about 350-360 rwhp. After headers+boltons , ORY, 375-380rwhp.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

with a cam in the 228-230 range with those heads and full boltons you could expect around 425-450 at the rear wheels and a good tune.

Thread Information