What intake is best for me?

After reading up on the FAST VS. LS6 thread I thought I would start my own since the last one got raped.. But here is the sito? Im going to pickup a 98 m6 car this week and I have a extra 7k to throw at it.. The car already has a new clutch and rear end Im unsure of specs right now but Im assuming stock. I dont plan on upgrading the cclutch unitl it goes out or until I can get a 9inch.

Plans are to order this week.
    Pacesetter or hookers LT's
    Ill have a local shop fab up a tru dual under axle 2.5 x piped flow master series 10 exhaust
    slp lid full kit with bellow
    subframe conectors
    tb by pass mod
    Panhard bar
    tub torque arm
    msd coils
    spark lug wires
    plugs
    a nice set of torques widest as possible in the rear
    and a tune at the local dyno..

If i was to buy a fast intake with tb would I be hurting myself? I would like to get some heads and a cam later on but Im not sure when maybe after summer. Also is there any thing else anyone would advise getting?
    This isnt a wish list this is a pre planned attack which I will be posting pics of so please save the flames.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Looks like you should have enough coin left to go with the FAST. In conjunction with the H/C install is what I'd do. Otherwise you'll just be taking it off and putting it on more than you need to.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

where u at in illinois?

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    where u at in illinois?
    Springfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerz1 View Post
    Looks like you should have enough coin left to go with the FAST. In conjunction with the H/C install is what I'd do. Otherwise you'll just be taking it off and putting it on more than you need to.
    hmmm let me c if I can find some affordable h/c combos. maybe Ill just go and knock it all out.. LOL I didnt really want to get that until after a 9inch but oh well ...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

cool.. srry jw

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by coothies View Post
    After reading up on the FAST VS. LS6 thread I thought I would start my own since the last one got raped.. But here is the sito? Im going to pickup a 98 m6 car this week and I have a extra 7k to throw at it.. The car already has a new clutch and rear end Im unsure of specs right now but Im assuming stock. I dont plan on upgrading the cclutch unitl it goes out or until I can get a 9inch.

Plans are to order this week.
    Pacesetter or hookers LT's
    Ill have a local shop fab up a tru dual under axle 2.5 x piped flow master series 10 exhaust
    slp lid full kit with bellow
    subframe conectors
    tb by pass mod
    Panhard bar
    tub torque arm
    msd coils
    spark lug wires
    plugs
    a nice set of torques widest as possible in the rear
    and a tune at the local dyno..

If i was to buy a fast intake with tb would I be hurting myself? I would like to get some heads and a cam later on but Im not sure when maybe after summer. Also is there any thing else anyone would advise getting?
    This isnt a wish list this is a pre planned attack which I will be posting pics of so please save the flames.

no need to change coils unless they are bad.
    pacesetters instead of hookers.
    seeing you plan on getting heads and cam, fast intake is the way to go.
    right now you wont get huge gains from it, but it will really shine once the h/c is installed.
    also dont get the whole slp kit, just a lid, save youre money.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

Yes, I agree with nhraformula, go with the Pacesetters, and just the lid, don't get the coil packs, and go ahead and buy the FAST 90/90 (from all I have heard, I would buy the Nick Williams TB not the FAST TB). If you aren't able to get the H/C just yet then wait on installing the FAST for now, keep it and do it when you do do the H/C. You could put it on now, but not really worth it, and why do it twice.

White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

I just did h/c combo. The guys put the fast intake and TB (90 mm) . I originally was just going to do a cam intake ,which they suggested the ls6 intake for that. I say just do a cam and intake , that way I can sell you my cam. j/k....hold off on the fast till you get h/c.

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

Like everyone said the coils aren't needed. Also I got my 90/90 setup when it was on special and saved 300 or 400 bucks. Together with the 600 from the coils would help offset the price of the H/C. Just my $0.02.

I need to take a look around... I would much rather get a 9inch before the h/c so I dont have to worry about breaking shit.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by coothies View Post
    I need to take a look around... I would much rather get a 9inch before the h/c so I dont have to worry about breaking shit.
    Sound thinking for sure. However, you could just launch easy and not nail it here and there at mid range. At least then you'll enjoy your new power some.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you know what they say about opinions.... guess I'll throw my stinky one in here too.
    When I started my car I started with the premise that extra power does you no good if you can't put it to the ground or the car is busted in the garage. I started with all the easy bolt ons and upgrades I knew I would need for when I finally did get my heads/cam.
    Getting a 9" rear with all this power isn't gonna help much if you smoke the clutch. Getting all of this work done isn't gonna help much if you don't put it to the ground. I'm not sure of your budget and the budget dictates a lot of what you can/should do. Personally, I saved the fast intake money and went with an LS6 because it flows nice and that money was put to better use elsewhere. I would drop the msd coils like those guys said because you can use that money elsewhere. Personally, depending on the cost I would drop the true duals under the axle. I would either run a good catback with a cutout or duals dumped before the axle. Cheaper and lets you keep your ground clearance.
    The list I would have if I were in your position, but I ain't so it's just opinion basically.
    Pacesetters and ORY
    gmmg catback with e-cutout
    LS6 intake, lid, and ported TB
    9" rear
    clutch
    subframe connectors
    adj torque arm
    lower control arms with relocation brackets
    drag radials
    a nice heads/cam setup
    also keep some money back for a tune

I would also hold off on the rims too because I would add that money to my heads fund and get the best heads you can afford or go ahead and get the fast setup. Trust me, if funds would've been available I would've went with the fast setup the first time but I needed that extra cash to put elsewhere at the time.

Thread Information