Pewter & Mystic Teal!
    2002 CAMARO SS & 1999 TA

what is this cam for? (lunati cam)

a buddy got this car cheap for a parts car (body parts). but the guy said it had alot of mods on the motor??

we thought he was just giving us the run around untill we started pulling it apart

but we can find much about the cam we know its a lunait and it says 254b/254b on one side and A12065 on the other side. guess its a part number but we cant find anything on it

any thing would help..we was thinkg of sticking it in my car but the cams i was looking at were around 230/230 ish so i know the lunati cams gotta be big.

bone stock 2002 m6 12.9 @ 108 woooohoooo!!!!!!
    bone stock 1999 m6 TA 13.4 @ 104 2.1 60' Still has a little more in her!

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by SSIZZLN View Post
    a buddy got this car cheap for a parts car (body parts). but the guy said it had alot of mods on the motor??

we thought he was just giving us the run around untill we started pulling it apart

but we can find much about the cam we know its a lunait and it says 254b/254b on one side and A12065 on the other side. guess its a part number but we cant find anything on it

any thing would help..we was thinkg of sticking it in my car but the cams i was looking at were around 230/230 ish so i know the lunati cams gotta be big.
    those could be the size numbers but i wouldnt put it in my car because its used

Pewter & Mystic Teal!
    2002 CAMARO SS & 1999 TA

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    those could be the size numbers but i wouldnt put it in my car because its used
    why not put a used cam it a car

Used cams are fine if they are taken care of, especially if they are rollers. They don't wear.

Your best bet is to call Lunati with the numbers off the cam. They should be able to tell you exactly what you have. You'll need to know so you can match the rest of the valve train to it. Lunati can help with that too.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Used cams are fine if they are taken care of, especially if they are rollers. They don't wear.

Your best bet is to call Lunati with the numbers off the cam. They should be able to tell you exactly what you have. You'll need to know so you can match the rest of the valve train to it. Lunati can help with that too.
    true the only thing is that you dont know if it was taken care of i mean they bought the car as a parts car so it couldnt have been that too well taken care of unless it was just totaled or something

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    true the only thing is that you dont know if it was taken care of i mean they bought the car as a parts car so it couldnt have been that too well taken care of unless it was just totaled or something
    I was referring to the camshaft itself. As long as it was pulled and packaged correctly, no scratches or nicks on the lobes or bearing journals of any kind,,,then there is nothing wrong with using it again.

Thread Information