Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Underdrive pulley....brand suggestions?

Are there any underdrive pulleys that are inexpensive, for example less than $200? Or should I stick with the stock one? The reason I am looking at them is my stock one is damaged. See this picture:

However, I might just buy a stock replacement like this if I cannot find a suitable and not super expensive replacement. Like this one:

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/catalog/powerbond-PB1480N/
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Are there any underdrive pulleys that are inexpensive, for example less than $200? Or should I stick with the stock one? The reason I am looking at them is my stock one is damaged. See this picture:

Click for full size

However, I might just buy a stock replacement like this if I cannot find a suitable and not super expensive replacement. Like this one:

98-02 LS1 Fbody Powerbond Stock Replacement Harmonic Balancer | WS6store.com
    Powerbond/slp (same product) makes a good underdrive pulley although I havent used one first hand. I run an ati on my car. Yes they are expensive however you have to realize that the stock pulley and even the aftermarket ones aren't true balncers only the ati is and provides much better stability as revs increase. Now before you get shocked by the $425 price tag you can possibly do what I did.

One day i was speaking on the phone with an ATI rep asking a question about something and inquired about how their balancers are nice just too expensive for me. Well he happened to say they have blemished units for sale cheaper. Now blemished means simply the unit may be scratched or the numbers mis-stamped but the unit itself functions perfectly. I ended up paying 225 shipped for it and got the best on the market for the same price as a powerbond or asp.

Again its worth a shot but in the event you cant afford it or they dont have any available then I wouldnt hesitate to run the powerbond/slp pulley.

Black/ Silver

Good idea, I just checked and all they have are SBC underdrive pulleys that are "blemished". So I may buy the pulley I linked above for a stock replacement. I think I will see if I can find something else, I hate replacing stuff with stock like parts.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

i have the slp one in my car i like it but i dont recall what i payed for it. i have a stock pully but it has holes drilled and taped to pull it off. im not sure how that would affecket it so if you want to just make an offer

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Good idea, I just checked and all they have are SBC underdrive pulleys that are "blemished". So I may buy the pulley I linked above for a stock replacement. I think I will see if I can find something else, I hate replacing stuff with stock like parts.
    Just shoot them an email on there or call... Try didn't have any listed fore either but I sent and email and they responded saying they could build one. If not I would go powerbond

Black/ Silver

I decided to buy the powerbond stock replacement pulley since I really want the ATI and don't have the funds atm. I will keep checking for blemished ones so I can jump on it.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

I decided to buy the powerbond stock replacement pulley since I really want the ATI and don't have the funds atm. I will keep checking for blemished ones so I can jump on it.
    ya no problem man. like I said I never saw any listed for my catr, I just called them up and they said they could build me one so I'd recommend doing that. it comes in 3 pieces hub, a/c pulley, and balancer you bolt it together and put it on but it is nice because you can install the hub alone then bolt it together on the block. Word of advise when you put any new pulley on make sure to get the correct install tool so you dont damage the crank. then take your pulley and go put it in the oven at 220 degrees and bake it for around 20 mins. once you do this you may not even need an install tool as if you position it quick enough it may just slid right on.

Thread Information